It's the whole subtlety of it all. Since BHAR he's not made his lyrics sound ambiguous and open to interpretation which was the reason the lyrics pre-Resistance were so good. Obviously there was the occasional cheese but apart from Animals, Exogenesis, MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection his lyrics have been piss poor. And I know most people can get round it but for me it's becoming a serious stumbling block.

http://muse-soul.tumblr.com/post/112535862731/the-calm-before-the-storm

read this

Psycho has no subtle lyrics but a lot more to it than just a military critic song a whole lot more

the interview gives a good guess and if you have been into news from all political sides lately it gets even wider

The song is just a piece in a concept album. I don't get the issues. The lyrics sound odd and out of place because it's a concept album, Muse probably shouldn't have released this first due to the lyrical content, but EVERY concept album has some pretty bad lyrics out of context.

The Downward Spiral, probably the best concept album ever made, has a chorus line of "I am a big man yes I am, and I have a big gun" and "I'm going to cum all over you."

The song is just a piece in a concept album. I don't get the issues. The lyrics sound odd and out of place because it's a concept album, Muse probably shouldn't have released this first due to the lyrical content, but EVERY concept album has some pretty bad lyrics out of context.

The Downward Spiral, probably the best concept album ever made, has a chorus line of "I am a big man yes I am, and I have a big gun" and "I'm going to cum all over you."

No no no,that title goes to The Wall.

I doubt Dead Inside will make "your ass belongs to me now" sound more logical.

So "I'm going to cum all over you" doesn't make sense in the overall picture of The Downward Spiral?

It very well could, if it's through the mind of the drill sergeant.

Ah, correct. The lyrics are shite because it's a concept album.

Name me a concept album that doesn't have horrendous lyrics if you take them out of context.

Good luck.

"Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream,

Think I'll buy me a football team

Money get back

I'm all right Jack keep your hands off my stack."

"Ooooh, you cannot reach me now

Ooooh, no matter how you try"

Concept albums have terrible lyrics once you take them out of context. Look at the kings of concept albums.

And when you think Psycho is actually NOT a single... :rolleyes:

It's not a single. It was never released as an official single. If it gets radio play it doesn't matter, it's NOT A RADIO SINGLE. Dead Inside is the first official radio single.

To go back to NIN, Closer was never an official radio single but received radio play. Same goes for Hurt.