Muse is licensing out their music, which means they now own the rights to their own stuff. So instead of Muse getting a cut of Warner's album sales in exchange for making the product that will sell, Warner is probably getting a cut of Muse's album sales in exchange for marketing, or something of the like.

That makes a lot more sense, thank you!

I hope this is the riff for Dead Inside, this would be so good.

Instead of being the riff I hope it's the breakdown. A song with a breakdown THAT good has to be incredible.

Personally I'm really excited for what I'm assuming is the title track, Drones.

Just listen to that riff... holy shit

How is this too optimistic? If half of what they're marketing the new album as with the CD+DVD package and the deluxe edition, they say they're putting new songs on there. I highly doubt they'll only put like 5 tracks. Since this is a completely unprecedented type of tour for Muse, it's entirely possible they'll either play the record in full at each gig + other tracks, or just play the entire album over the course of the entire tour with songs rotating in and out, and pull from the best recordings for the DVD. The only optimism here is the hope that they won't confiscate recording devices.

Its not a drones tour. Its a series of warm up gigs under the name of "psycho" tour. Name alone should tell you that we are not gonna hear complete drones setlist. They just wanna get back into the concert shape and see the reaction of crowd. Test their sound engineering and stuff like that.

Went like this : i wrote them that is is great they just played "time is running out", but if they would also play Psycho, as it is no single...

They wrote: if there will be a video, we are goi g to play it!

So i wrote back: there is already one, on youtube...

Some time later they put it on their twitter, with thanx to me :D

Its not a drones tour. Its a series of warm up gigs under the name of "psycho" tour. Name alone should tell you that we are not gonna hear complete drones setlist. They just wanna get back into the concert shape and see the reaction of crowd. Test their sound engineering and stuff like that.

Did you just entirely ignore the point I made about the DVD? They haven't ever done anything like this, releasing a new record coupled with live recordings of the same songs. So there's no telling how much will be on it. It will at the very least be half of the record, and at the very most, all of it.

Did you just entirely ignore the point I made about the DVD? They haven't ever done anything like this, releasing a new record coupled with live recordings of the same songs. So there's no telling how much will be on it. It will at the very least be half of the record, and at the very most, all of it.

Yep, I reckon there's a very good chance 75% of the album will be played if not more.

Yep, I reckon there's a very good chance 75% of the album will be played if not more.

The real issue is whether they think this is a good idea for hype. The immediate hype will benefit greatly from the tracks floating around, even creating a spike of pre-orders, but I almost feel like they're going to do something during that one month of down time and just haven't announced it yet.