Exactly. There's next to zero progression, minor lyrical changes throughout and the same goddamn riff for 5 minutes with a guitar solo 4 minutes in. That's way too long.

3 minutes of this with a solo at 2:00 would be pushing it in my opinion.

If they just fucked around with it one time it would be a great song for me, it just borders on tedious and is only on the right side of that line because of the mad lyrics. It would be utterly dull without those.

Really hope there is bigger and better things to come from this album

Another thing, did they really have to do the "fucking psycho" thing 3 times in a row. Makes it less impactful when it's overdone.

Yeah the riff gets a little old and the song is kind of long, but I still enjoy those aspects. I even enjoy the melody of "Your ass belongs to me now." I can even get over how blunt and cheesy the lyrics are. The drill sergeant is what pushes the whole thing over the edge for me. I really like Psycho, but that damn sergeant is holding it back in my eyes.

So on the pre-order page it says the DVD will be a mix of new songs played on this little UK tour. How many new songs do you guys think will be played during it? (sorry if this has been brought up already, the forum moves too quick to sift through all the pages I miss)

Really hope there is bigger and better things to come from this album

I feel like there truly is. Survival wasn't exactly a homerun, nor was it indicative of all of T2L. I say look forward to Drones based on Dead Inside, which we'll more than likely hear Sunday night.

I feel like there truly is. Survival wasn't exactly a homerun, nor was it indicative of all of T2L. I say look forward to Drones based on Dead Inside, which we'll more than likely hear Sunday night.

Survival's lyrics were poor but the music behind them IMO was infinitely better than Psycho.

I think the song is ok, but that kinda puts it in the middle. A comment on the video kinda shared my own view that I'll look forward to the album if it goes down that road in general, but I'll likely be disappointed if that's actually a highlight.

I think the song is ok, but that kinda puts it in the middle. A comment on the video kinda shared my own view that I'll look forward to the album if it goes down that road in general, but I'll likely be disappointed if that's actually a highlight.

It's a step in the right direction like you say but If this is the highlight of the album then I will be very disappointed and likely go off Muse altogether.

Hey guys it's my first time posting on this forum and preordering an album. I preordered the deluxe edition on the UK store and am wondering if that was the right move? Will the dvd be playable here in Canada? I also just realized from reading the forum that this deluxe edition is pretty cheap compared to T2L. There is no special box or FLAC download. Is this even worth buying?

I was underwhelmed and sort of frustrated when I heard the song for the first time, but after several hours passing and then revisiting it, I now think it's a pretty decent song. I really enjoy the excess of expletives, and while the lyrics are tilting to a simplistic side, I don't think I could've imagined deeply metaphorical or introspective lyrics for a song with an incredibly groovy melody and riff. :D

Exactly. There's next to zero progression, minor lyrical changes throughout and the same goddamn riff for 5 minutes with a guitar solo 4 minutes in. That's way too long.

3 minutes of this with a solo at 2:00 would be pushing it in my opinion.

Doesn't make it a bad track. There is enough progression to where it's not like the only thing in the song is 03050305(bend)5(bend).

One thing I've noticed is that there's always mass frustration and polarised, wildly shifting opinions when Muse release new stuff. Easy to forget this as a Muse fan, but their music is pretty batshit ridiculous at times, and I figure it takes a while for people to make up their mind.

I remember one time having a glimpse at the old board archives dating back to the early 2000's. Noticed the same trend around the release of Abso, where everyone started whinging about how terrible it was, how much better the old Muse were, how they were never listening to them again etc. etc.

One thing I've noticed is that there's always mass frustration and polarised, wildly shifting opinions when Muse release new stuff. Easy to forget this as a Muse fan, but their music is pretty batshit ridiculous at times, and I figure it takes a while for people to make up their mind.

I remember one time having a glimpse at the old board archives dating back to the early 2000's. Noticed the same trend around the release of Abso, where everyone started whinging about how terrible it was, how much better the old Muse were, how they were never listening to them again etc. etc.

I think someone mentioned it was the same when New Born was first heard.

I think someone mentioned it was the same when New Born was first heard.

We're complaining about cringe-worthy lyrics; I'm pretty sure "stretch it like a birthsqueeze" would've gotten a few complaints back then. Nowadays we barely even think about it.

I think Matt does it deliberately tbh.

This is pretty accurate. It's fun to watch initial reactions but silly to take them seriously. Most hardcore Muse fans will complain about anything they release until they come around to liking it. Personally I think "Dead Inside" will serve to counterbalance this track. Catchier hooks, hard but perhaps slightly poppier guitar work.. I expect it'll still be dark, just easier for the majority to enjoy.

If you've only got one riff don't play if for 5 and a half minutes.

It's a shame to be bored by such a cool sounding riff but its just bloody too much

Look at something like Seven Nation Army, it's not even 4 minutes long and they play that riff over and over. Admittedly they do take it to another level but I've never heard it and though "oh not this again" because it's the perfect length. Short and sweet, keep people waiting more. Muse would have done better with this approach IMO

I feel Psycho would be much better if it was a good two minutes shorter, in fact I may make experiment with that theory and made a shorter edit tomorrow/today.

Just pointing out that it's not just one riff.

Just pointing out that it's not just one riff.

This. There's the 0305030, the descending guitar riff, the palm muted riff, and the descending jazzy bass riff as well as the solo. Anyone saying this track is boring and drags on too long should notice it's more technical than they think before saying "zomg fukn 17 year old riff unoriginal 2 literal i h8 u mose!!"