By the way, I saw some people saying Muse have re-signed with Warner. They haven't! A few months ago I posted an announcement from Warner from 2009 (pre-The Resistance) I think saying that they had Muse contracted for 3 more albums. So Drones would be the last on that contract. If I find the article again, I will post it.

Why would that mean they couldn't have re-signed....? Which they obviously did, to some extent.

By the way, I saw some people saying Muse have re-signed with Warner. They haven't! A few months ago I posted an announcement from Warner from 2009 (pre-The Resistance) I think saying that they had Muse contracted for 3 more albums. So Drones would be the last on that contract. If I find the article again, I will post it.

They did, all the stores list Drones as being part of WMG

Madness does go somewhere, and have more variety, though.

Fair enough. I'll give you that, I think Madness is overall a better song as much as I hate saying that. I'll probably enjoy this one more live though because it's heavier throughout.

Also just listened to the mp3 without the video and it's much better to be honest. I'm warming up to it.

Also just listened to the mp3 without the video and it's much better to be honest. I'm warming up to it.

Wow I just listened to it on Spotify and it is indeed so much better without the video. Probably due to the fact that the godawful lyrics aren't in your face.

Edited by zomuse

Yeah, I remember this.

Why would that mean they couldn't have re-signed....? Which they obviously did, to some extent.

That's purely speculation because this record is their last for the contract we're aware of. I feel like they wouldn't sign back on because this current contract for them was very long term. I doubt they'd want to be held down further

If you've only got one riff don't play if for 5 and a half minutes.

It's a shame to be bored by such a cool sounding riff but its just bloody too much

Look at something like Seven Nation Army, it's not even 4 minutes long and they play that riff over and over. Admittedly they do take it to another level but I've never heard it and though "oh not this again" because it's the perfect length. Short and sweet, keep people waiting more. Muse would have done better with this approach IMO

I feel Psycho would be much better if it was a good two minutes shorter, in fact I may make experiment with that theory and made a shorter edit tomorrow/today.

Edited by CatchHellBlues

It's a shame to be bored by such a cool sounding riff but its just bloody too much

Look at something like Seven Nation Army, it's not even 4 minutes long and they play that riff over and over. Admittedly they do take it to another level but I've never heard it and though "oh not this again" because it's the perfect length. Short and sweet, keep people waiting more. Muse would have done better with this approach IMO

I feel Psycho would be much better if it was a good two minutes shorter, in fact I may make experiment with that theory and made a shorter edit tomorrow/today.

Psycho riff, official sponsor of Euro 2016.

Exactly. There's next to zero progression, minor lyrical changes throughout and the same goddamn riff for 5 minutes with a guitar solo 4 minutes in. That's way too long.

3 minutes of this with a solo at 2:00 would be pushing it in my opinion.

Yeah, I remember this.

That's purely speculation because this record is their last for the contract we're aware of. I feel like they wouldn't sign back on because this current contract for them was very long term. I doubt they'd want to be held down further

Drones wasn't the last one on the contract, though, Live in Rome would have been. There's an interview where Matt clearly implies he's not resigned, and was going to wait until it was closer to the time of LP7's release to decide how to release it, and was waiting to see what "alternate" methods were available.

They could have just signed back on for one album, though. We don't know.