Matt: "Audience loves return of Guiding Light, Starlight good closer"

ChristiaanW

If he wants to have more contact with the fans then have Morgan do a 2 hour remix of intro while he flies overhead on a flying pig waving at them like some sort of Roman emperor.

and throw REAL money at fans, or trow tickets to smaller gigs

Edited by Hyper

They were great on the Arena tour because they had some decent rotations on the setlist, the stage wasn't too distracting and the setlists in general were fairly solid.

On this stadium tour they've dropped some great songs, brought on some rubbish ones and made the stage too big for everyone to get a great view.

At this rate they'll just get even worse live and since they aren't doing festivals or a gig in Ireland I can only assume we won't get a show for a few years and god knows what they'll have done by then.

The only rubbish one that was brought back is Guiding Light. The stage is bigger yes, but how is it "too big for everyone to get a great view"? If something, it's better for everyone. This is their best stage ever. And performance this tour is tons better than TR tour and probably better than (or at least at the same level of) BH&R tour. They brought back Unintended and Blackout, and they're playing B&H or Dead Star (or maybe Muscle Museum) at every gig. Micro Cuts is supposed to happen too (not in that rotation).

Only two times I've bothered to come into the Muse sections of this forum have been this shit, and the dumb afterparty. If this kind of crap is going on, I must ask, why do you people still care/post in this section? Panic Station was cool. Let me know when they put out a new album. Lets just become a Nine Inch Nails forum in the meantime.

Matt, ily but you seriously need to pull your shit together. Seriously though, I don't get how he just keeps on making the worst choices and using weird logic to excuse it? And what amazes me even more is how Chris and Dom just go with it. What makes is even worse is that I'm a fangirl so I just can't make myself think 'oh well, they're just a band and there's plenty other bands'.

If there is one thing I've learned about the forum is that musers never agree on setlists. The stadium gigs are nothing in comparison to the arenas. You got more songs, more entertainment, and more kudos from the band. Does it matter what song was played last if you got a longer, better show?

Honestly, the only thing I picked up from that interview was optimism.

If there is one thing I've learned about the forum is that musers never agree on setlists. The stadium gigs are nothing in comparison to the arenas. You got more songs, more entertainment, and more kudos from the band. Does it matter what song was played last if you got a longer, better show?

Honestly, the only thing I picked up from that interview was optimism.

You know the saying "first impressions are the most important"? Same thing goes for the lasting impressions. Even casual fans think Starlight sucks as a closing song.

If there is one thing I've learned about the forum is that musers never agree on setlists.

Bringing back Guiding Light and closing with Starlight pretty much explains why. It's just a plainly terrible decision.

The idea of a stadium show not going out with a bang is just silly. It's not an intimate setting, it's a theatrical setting.

I think it's a bit far to say casuals hate Starlight as a closer... it's not like casuals spend their time posting about Muse.

Some people who have been to the stadium gigs (myself included) have noticed quite a few casuals saying stuff along the lines of 'Is that it?' or 'I was expecting something else afterwards' after Starlight. Obviously, we can't really say that all casual fans hate it, but there has been a consistent underwhelmed response noticed by some people.

Hell, I quite like Starlight, but it really doesn't belong at the end of a gig. It just feels wrong, especially when Survival is being played just two spots before it.

To be honest my mum thought it had finished after stockholm and got upset that they hadn't played survival and I had to reassure her we had about 6 songs left :chuckle:

Heh. My mate thought it was over after Survival and I had to persuade him that there were still two big hits they hadn't played.