Matt: "Audience loves return of Guiding Light, Starlight good closer"

ChristiaanW

But they didn't sell at all, that's simply not true. I couldn't sell by spare standing for Emirates for more than £30. In the end I gave to someone I wanted to be there. Go and look at eBay - plenty of unsold tickets for the stadium.

Touting only occurs because demand exceeds supply, and thus the market prices increases to reflect this. Playing appropriately sized venues to meet the demand undermines touting and ensures all the fans who want to attend the gig can.

In order to truly meet demands for club gigs Muse would have to do 40 or 50 of them in cities like London. At small gigs as well, there's the issue of the guest list. The percentage of people on the guest list goes way up for smaller venues (i.e. the Fall Out Boy debacle). For a band as big as Muse that can sell 150k tickets it just isn't tenable to play clubs.

Sorry, I meant 'on sale' as in people were trying to sell them

Btw just realised that I got you mixed up with the potato, so apologies for the comment on your English.

Had no idea what you were talking about til I looked up and saw your edit :chuckle:

Fuck me my Swedish is rusty as hell.