Matt: "Audience loves return of Guiding Light, Starlight good closer"

ChristiaanW

If it comes after Survival, it is indeed a wierd choice. Just before it would have been okay, like they did in North America. But I don't find it anti-climatic, maybe the reaction isn't the same in America and Europe...

It's really because Starlight doesn't build up to a big outro or anything other than Matt's "I just wanted to hoooooollld" which is kinda mehh if it's that's the last song after an exciting gig. Extending the outro or adding to it could have helped to leave a more lasting effect, but why bother when there's obviously way better songs to end the gig with. If they don't want to end with Knights or Stockholm Syndrome (since that's part of the roulette thing), something more emotional like Sing For Absolution or Glorious (although it's a B-Side :erm:) would have been better. Not Invincible though, the outro isn't satisfying enough. :LOL: I might say the same for Big Freeze actually...

Invincible would be a much better closer than Starlight. Still nothing great compared to better choices, but at least it feels a bit like a closer.

Yeah, Invincible would be a better closer than Starlight. The way the song builds up, I think would make it more of an exciting choice.

I always find this a very unhealthy approach to things.

It's not like we pay to be there, afterall.

You should be happy that you get the privilege of paying for shit songs performed poorly. It's Muse! On stage! OMG!

I still can't justify in my head how closing with Starlight and playing Guiding Light again are even remotely good decisions o.O. Have Chris and Dom not tried to knock some sense into Matt? It's really frustrating, because other than that, their stadium shows look to be amazing at the moment.

Guiding Light and Blackout go with the theme of unsustainable energy consumption and so thats why they probably feature in the current setlist. Having those songs is also a way to break down all the epicness so slow things down a bit before building it all back right up again. :logic:

Starlight is probably the closer because its a fan and band favourite and ultimately we all return to the stars. That and its possibly a good way to mark the end of their tours for their present Album as like a signing off.

Who knows when they will tour again as they may well have a longer break

There are plenty of brilliant songs that could be played but on this tour they have to kind of promote their latest album, we've had Bliss, Dead Star, Sunburn which are pretty rare so i guess we have to take the rough with the smooth which includes Feeling Good. :'(

I still can't justify in my head how closing with Starlight and playing Guiding Light again are even remotely good decisions o.O. Have Chris and Dom not tried to knock some sense into Matt? It's really frustrating, because other than that, their stadium shows look to be amazing at the moment.

Well, that, and 'ruining' Blackout and rotating Sunburn/USOE with Explorers.

Well, that, and 'ruining' Blackout and rotating Sunburn/USOE with Explorers.

True :p. But I can just about live with Matt not playing the solo in Blackout... and they've not played Explorers yet, so here's to hoping.

I know I'm gonna get attacked but I just had to step in and stick up for Guiding Light. I really like that song! It's not bad at all.

There are songs that are even better but if Muse want to play it, let them.

I'm with you here! Guiding Light is a beauty and I really like it! :happy: Although I think it's wierd they bring it back for these stadium shows and for Matt it sounds like a highlight of these shows.

But as much as I love Starlight as song, as much do I hate it as closer. I think it worked well being second to last at the arena shows with the big sing-a-long etc. before the grand finale, but see it closing at the moment is just a sad joke. :noey:

Give up on them in which sense?

They were great on the Arena tour because they had some decent rotations on the setlist, the stage wasn't too distracting and the setlists in general were fairly solid.

On this stadium tour they've dropped some great songs, brought on some rubbish ones and made the stage too big for everyone to get a great view.

At this rate they'll just get even worse live and since they aren't doing festivals or a gig in Ireland I can only assume we won't get a show for a few years and god knows what they'll have done by then.

They were great on the Arena tour because they had some decent rotations on the setlist, the stage wasn't too distracting and the setlists in general were fairly solid.

On this stadium tour they've dropped some great songs, brought on some rubbish ones and made the stage too big for everyone to get a great view.

At this rate they'll just get even worse live and since they aren't doing festivals or a gig in Ireland I can only assume we won't get a show for a few years and god knows what they'll have done by then.

...but aside from RBS and Falling Down they're still playing every song they played during the arena gigs. They've only added songs.