Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

Oh wow, UD is a perfect metaphor for the live tours.

Or, on a less snarky observation, TR the album AND it's tour suffered from being too sterile and emotionless, while T2L made a step in the right direction and its tour saw the most band/crowd interaction that I've seen from Muse since.... Ever. And UD was just an example of that.

Indeed. UD was atleast hell of a fun on all shows I attended compared to TR-tour. Can't speak for those not on barrier though.

I was close enough to the barrier to see Matt at times, but not enough of a dick to smash through a few rows of people who waited in line much longer than I did.

No handshake, and I couldn't see him clearly the entire walk.

It was still fun, though, and you could at least see him smiling and having a good time on the screens, if you were in back.

Plus, the hamming up to the camera during the song was fun, as well.

There were quite a few fun, campy moments during the song that I remember quite well, and enjoyed very much.

If I was the one to choose I'd cut all of the middle part - Dracula Mountain, Explorers, Interlude, Hysteria + Unintended and GL and leave all the rest in place

I don't understand why they should cut parts of the gig in the first place. Those little mistakes that almost no one will be aware could be easily overdubbed. And watch a gig from top to bottom is highly satisfactory.

If they want to show how nice is the arena stage too, they could put different songs than the ones from Rome.

You know, maybe it's some kind of strange strategy that i don't understand.

If they put the second night of Wembley 2006 and the second of Wembley 2010 as digital download i won't complain anymore, i promise.

I don't understand why they should cut parts of the gig in the first place. Those little mistakes that almost no one will be aware could be easily overdubbed. And watch a gig from top to bottom is highly satisfactory.

full gig in a cinema would be too much

Blu-ray should've contained the full thing though

Guess I'm in the minority but Matt playing with the cameras or going to the barrier during UD does absolutely nothing for me. It's boring. I never liked it when bands/artists did that and I still don't.

I actually liked UD last tour with the keytar and that intro, but this tour it's a big freaking yawnfest.

LIke everyone else, I'm baffled at the (lack of) logic behind the setlists chosen to be released. Above all, watching The Unsustainable Tour film in a cinema WITHOUT Unsustainable? It's just laughable.

I'm glad I went to Rome. It was an amazing gig and I'm glad I don't need the film, I've got my own memories from that night.

I actually liked UD last tour with the keytar and that intro, but this tour it's a big freaking yawnfest.

Wait, so when it's got a pointless minute-long intro and the band are completely static on stage, it's entertaining, but when it gets shortened and they actually look like they're enjoying themselves, that's when it becomes boring? wat

Do you really think it's more boring than last tour's version?
Definitely. At least during the TR tour it used to be about the song (and I like UD). Now it's just about Matt going to the barrier. It may be funny once or twice but when it turns into a mandatory interact-with-fans kind of thing, it's just boring.

I just don't care for that kind of stuff no matter who does it. The only thing worse is taking fans to the stage. Now watch them do that next tour *pukes*

Definitely. At least during the TR tour it used to be about the song (and I like UD). Now it's just about Matt going to the barrier. It may be funny once or twice but when it turns into a mandatory interact-with-fans kind of thing, it's just boring.

I just don't care for that kind of stuff no matter who does it. The only thing worse is taking fans to the stage. Now watch them do that next tour *pukes*

I feel exactly the opposite....I think it makes it more exciting and fun when they interact with fans.

Guess you're gonna puke during Panic Station / SMBH / Can't Take My Eyes Off You in the Zepp gig then.

Guess I'm in the minority but Matt playing with the cameras or going to the barrier during UD does absolutely nothing for me. It's boring. I never liked it when bands/artists did that and I still don't.

All of this.

I really enjoy UD (and Tits) live, but Matt Bellamy is not a "run to the barrier and shake hands" kind of person. The whole routine just strikes me as contrived and fake.

People can change.

It would have been more believable had Bellamy not made a big deal about going down to connect with fans this tour because the last tour was more sterile, sure... :chuckle:

Points for him realizing it was becoming a bit of an issue, though, I guess, and trying to do something about it. imo.

Having actually enjoyed both tour's UD performances, I don't really get all the hate. I can understand how the song's not everyone's cup of tea, but still.

It wasn't even close to the atrocity of having to watch Feeling Good performed on the pillars... *shudder*

Archived