Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

Just realised - no Blackout on the CD or DVD.

:facepalm:.

Although the version of it they've been playing on this tour has been abysmal.

Gah. Just pissed off on many levels. It's reminded me how annoying Matt giving up guitar and piano parts is too. It hardly speaks well of the world's supposedly best live act when their shows are becoming less and less live.

I don't remember where, but i complained exactly about this.

Here :

The same but without Apocalypse Please. :LOL:

But hey, they added a song after all.

---

Thanks to the French fan club (musemessenger.com / Ben Tavares) for relaying and translating the Warner France's message to them.

The DVD is still open to a few changes, however this is what we should expect!

Muse will release new DVD 'The Haarp Tour : Live From Wembley' on December, 3rd.

This DVD will come with a live CD and will be released in 3 formats :

1. One package CD + DVD collector in a box, with the CD, the DVD plus exclusive postcards

2. CD + DVD on a classic format

3. The DVD only in a classic package

The DVD will also contain some images from the backstage, a documentary about the 2 nights in Wembley and the almost complete gig from the 17th June.

Track listing (not yet confirmed) :

1. Knights of Cydonia

2. Hysteria

3. Supermassive Black Hole

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Butterflies and Hurricanes

6. Hoodoo

7. Feeling Good

8. Invincible

9. Starlight

10. Time is Running Out

11. Newborn

12. Soldiers Poem

13. Unintended

14. Blackout

15. Plug in Baby

16. Stockholm Syndrome

17. Take A Bow

The CD will contain a mixed selection of tracks from the both nights. Approximate length : 45 minutes. Track listing not announced yet.

---

Looks like after some complaining they added AP in the end

Do you know how did this happen ? We should do it again, I think it's time for a bit of complain, and even if cd/dvd pressing is done, we could at least get bonus video/audio to download.

It's reminded me how annoying Matt giving up guitar and piano parts is too. It hardly speaks well of the world's supposedly best live act when their shows are becoming less and less live.

Those things don't really have much to do with each other, Morgan playing the piano and Chris playing the guitar are just as live as if Matt were doing them, no? :erm:

They might aswell use backing tracks if they continue to hide Morgan in a corner making him play note by note with an anonymous tone, barley audible in the mix. If they're gonna use him, which they should, give him the spotlight he deserves and make him act like a 4th member of the band. And if Chris is gonna play the lead guitar, someone should teach him how to.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

They might aswell use backing tracks if they continue to hide Morgan in a corner making him play note by note with an anonymous tone, barley audible in the mix. If they're gonna use him, which they should, give him the spotlight he deserves and make him act like a 4th member of the band. And if Chris is gonna play the lead guitar, someone should teach him how to.

Now that I agree with.

They might aswell use backing tracks if they continue to hide Morgan in a corner making him play note by note with an anonymous tone, barley audible in the mix. If they're gonna use him, which they should, give him the spotlight he deserves and make him act like a 4th member of the band.

Morgan does add in some stuff to the performances though, like the bluesy organ stuff during US and Falling Down. I do agree that he probably could be used to add a bit more to some other songs.

And if Chris is gonna play the lead guitar, someone should teach him how to.

lel

Those things don't really have much to do with each other, Morgan playing the piano and Chris playing the guitar are just as live as if Matt were doing them, no? :erm:

If you're going to be pedantic, true.

But we all know Matt is the public face and talisman of Muse - to see him shed these parts I feel reflects on the band as a whole.

And that's doesn't go to say I approve of Chris and Dom giving up or simplifying parts either - B&H was miles better live when Chris did the bass tapping, as was New Born when he was in control of the post-piano build-up to the riff.

Similarly with B&H, it was great immense when they weren't hamstrung by all the click tracks n'all. The post-piano solo crashes and weird noises and general epicness added so much.

If you're going to be pedantic, true.

But we all know Matt is the public face and talisman of Muse - to see him shed these parts I feel reflects on the band as a whole.

True, though if Chris played the Blackout solo properly (or less properly) I'd feel less strongly about it.

And that's doesn't go to say I approve of Chris and Dom giving up or simplifying parts either - B&H was miles better live when Chris did the bass tapping, as was New Born when he was in control of the post-piano build-up to the riff.

Similarly with B&H, it was great immense when they weren't hamstrung by all the click tracks n'all. The post-piano solo crashes and weird noises and general epicness added so much.

The bass tapping in B&H was created to accommodate the keyboard part in the live version, when they brought Morgan in they didn't need to do that any more. New Born was just better in previous tours for so many different reasons, that may well be one of them but it's not one I've honestly noticed.

I've also thought that B&H this tour has been pretty good, regardless of the arrangement or the timing.

(Btw, you can go off time with a metronome, you just have to compensate by playing a bit faster/slower in the next bar).

Aye, agreed - B&H is one of the few songs that hasn't noticeably declined live since its release. It still sounds beefy and is still a great song. My only irritation is that Matt sometimes plays the piano part so quickly, it loses its magic. I love those performances of B&H where he really drags out the drama and tension of that section :happy:.

Has it improved that much live in the past few years? Not been to any T2L shows...

Haven't seen it live this tour, so it might still be a bore. But with Matt's quite pleasant vocal adlibs, the walking around the barrier and just having a good time(not to mention the fact that it's really a great song, just not live), I think it's a nice live song...from your living room.

ie, might not be all that interesting live, but it's quite interesting on a DVD.

Haven't seen it live this tour, so it might still be a bore.

Yeah, it's still as boring as it was on TR tour sound-wise, but Matt running along the barrier at least gave us something to look at this time. Shouldn't be too boring on the DVD, as you say.

UD on the TR tour felt cold. Dark stage, Matt with the keytar, and absolutely no crowd or camera interaction.

I enjoyed it, but I can see what it was a bore for people less in love with the song.

UD on this tour had Matt interacting with the crowd, wandering around the stage, and hamming it up to the camera. And the stage lights were brighter.

He was clearly enjoying himself, having fun, and it gave the performance a warm, personal feel that was way more in touch with the song.

This probably describes both tours pretty well...

UD on the TR tour felt cold. Dark stage, Matt with the keytar, and absolutely no crowd or camera interaction.

I enjoyed it, but I can see what it was a bore for people less in love with the song.

UD on this tour had Matt interacting with the crowd, wandering around the stage, and hamming it up to the camera. And the stage lights were brighter.

He was clearly enjoying himself, having fun, and it gave the performance a warm, personal feel that was way more in touch with the song.

Oh wow, UD is a perfect metaphor for the live tours.

Indeed. UD was atleast hell of a fun on all shows I attended compared to TR-tour. Can't speak for those not on barrier though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Morgan does add in some stuff to the performances though, like the bluesy organ stuff during US and Falling Down.

And Hyper Music :awesome:

Does Matt still rush through the piano solo? That's always really destroyed live performances of the song for me.

Archived