Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

Gravity is just Sandra Bullock breathing heavily for 90 mins...

I feel like people are going to it, getting pissed off at how shitty it is, and then raving about it so everyone else wastes their money.

I can't imagine any way in which this movie would be good... and yet, it's got amazing reviews and everyone loves it.

Sort of the anti-Muse, if you think about it...

I think I'm gonna enjoy the movie anyway. It was supposedly a good performance with a great crowd and I'm pretty sure the visuals and audio will be spectacular. It's not often you get to see Muse in the cinema.

Actually I've never had the opportunity to see Muse in the cinema.

That said, it still pales in comparison to Muse live (and is slightly embarrassing.)

And I feel like they removed some really cool moments that at least we here in the US weren't able to see live.

Warner US really, REALLY needs to fuck off.

What about an unreleased live, ancient version of Micro Cuts is going to take money out of their pockets.

The setlist is looking really fucking average, don't think I'll bother buying it.

Pretty much this. I'm sure it'll be stunning from a visual perspective but I can't get over just how unadventurous the set was :(. Shame.

I really don't get Muse's logic. I don't think even the most casual Muser or newbie would immediately turn off at the sound of a Dead Star, a B&H, a Sunburn even.

They're just too obsessed with the perfect product, the most spectacularly inoffensive performance possible. It contradicts everything I thought Muse were all about.

And I don't buy the whole 'tuck them away in the extras' argument. Songs like Dead Star are just as much a part of Muse's history as Starlight or Undisclosed Desires. I know it's a T2L era DVD but it just doesn't demonstrate Muse's progression as a band to stadium fillers nor even nods to a significant proportion of their career.

My only hope is that it A. looks incredible, and B. sounds monstrous. HAARP failed spectacularly on both levels.

They're just too obsessed with the perfect product, the most spectacularly inoffensive performance possible. It contradicts everything I thought Muse were all about.

This pretty accurately sums up one of the main reasons I'm so put off by this, atm.

I want to think "shit, there was a time limit, something had to be cut..." but if that was part of it, it wasn't all of it.

They already played an intentionally bland setlist for the DVD, and then some important pieces still aren't there on the release.

It reminds me of songs being cut out of War Child, or when Matt basically apologized for swearing in PS during an interview...

I feel like people are going to it, getting pissed off at how shitty it is, and then raving about it so everyone else wastes their money.

I can't imagine any way in which this movie would be good... and yet, it's got amazing reviews and everyone loves it.

dem effects

dat cinematography

dat constant ambient atmosphere

I thought it was pretty good.

dem effects

dat cinematography

dat constant ambient atmosphere

I thought it was pretty good.

I still want to see it and make up my own mind.

I just remember seeing the trailer and just being baffled about how they could fill 90 minutes with that. :LOL:

I'm sure I'll get to listen to my boyfriend bitch twice as long as the duration of the movie about the scientific inaccuracies of it...

It's not throwing plot at you. It's all pretty subtle but I didn't find it really dragging either.

Also it was pretty scientifically accurate as far as sci-fi films go (take that as you may) but the characters were just incredibly fortunate in every situation.

On topic: I have low hopes on the home release having the full setlist. If they do though I hope it's all included in one go. I don't want to have to navigate a menu just to finish watching the damn concert.

Yes. And the Micro Cuts video, the URL to which was, I believe, hidden on the HAARP DVD.

I got the DVD on the morning of release and I've never found a hidden URL anywhere. :erm:

Not that that bothers me because H.A.A.R.P. overall is brilliant in my opinion, even without most of the Origin tracks that were played.

I got the DVD on the morning of release and I've never found a hidden URL anywhere. :erm:

Not that that bothers me because H.A.A.R.P. overall is brilliant in my opinion, even without most of the Origin tracks that were played.

you click on dom's green pants in the menu

This was the first post I saw, and for a minute I forgot which thread this was. Also, wrong.

Archived