It's my first time at a stadium gig... Any tips to get as close to them as possible? AM so tiny I'll probably won't see anything :O

Get there very early, simples. How come you didn't go for seated tickets if you're worried about not being able to see them?

Get there very early, simples. How come you didn't go for seated tickets if you're worried about not being able to see them?

I didn't get the tickets, I was invited by a friend, who got the tickets as a Xmas present xD

How early should I get there? I know people were queuing since 9am for O2, so I believe I should get there even earlier for a stadium gig...? :S

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just looking for some advice re: when to arrive for the gig. I've always had seated tickets to Muse gigs in the past, but have got my first standing tickets (yay!) for the Manchester gig. If I want to be fairly near the front, how early roughly do I need to get to the venue - is it a matter of hours, or more like a day? And is there any kind of queueing/numbering system?

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere on the boards... if so please point me in that direction. This is the first time I've posted on here!

Cheers for any advice :-)

Hi, just looking for some advice re: when to arrive for the gig. I've always had seated tickets to Muse gigs in the past, but have got my first standing tickets (yay!) for the Manchester gig. If I want to be fairly near the front, how early roughly do I need to get to the venue - is it a matter of hours, or more like a day? And is there any kind of queueing/numbering system?

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere on the boards... if so please point me in that direction. This is the first time I've posted on here!

Cheers for any advice :-)

Hi Lucy, if your looking to get to the barrier or close to the front I think it may be a good idea to try and get there for around 8 o'clock possibly earlier, also I wouldn't have thought there would be any sort of queuing system, more like first come first serve haha. Just try to have an idea of the best entrances at the venue. Also welcome to the board :)

As the title suggests. For those experienced concert-goers out there who get the barrier, what do you do for toilet breaks!! I'm hoping to get as close to the barrier as I can with my daughter but when nature calls, do you literally get someone to save you a place and nip to the loo or (hopefully not) do it in a bottle and despatch it into the crowd (as does happen at some concerts). I'm sure all Musers are respectable folk but just interested!!

Sensible answers preferable!! :p

Thanks howardm93, appreciated. So early morning then...

My brother's been to the Etihad before so I'll see if I can find out what the stadium is like. I'm bringing my mum, who's been a Muse fan for as long as me, but is a fair bit older! - she turned down the idea of seated tickets as she "may as well do it properly" but said she may bring a small fold-out stool, so I'm hoping that's also the kind of thing that gets done on occasion (while queueing)...

The toilet question interests me too - maybe standing more to the side would be useful, though not as fun... :(

Getting excited about it already!

As the title suggests. For those experienced concert-goers out there who get the barrier, what do you do for toilet breaks!! I'm hoping to get as close to the barrier as I can with my daughter but when nature calls, do you literally get someone to save you a place and nip to the loo or (hopefully not) do it in a bottle and despatch it into the crowd (as does happen at some concerts). I'm sure all Musers are respectable folk but just interested!!

Sensible answers preferable!! :p

Well, everyone I know just holds it until after the gig. Don't drink much while in the queue, especially nothing which has a diuretic effect, and make sure you go to the loo about an hour before gates open (you don't want to leave it later than that as the queue will probably bunch right up).

You'd never get your place back on the barrier if you left your spot but you may possibly be able to make your way back in if further back. As for dumping a bottle of pee into the crowd, just don't even THINK about sending it my way :p

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone up for holding up deadstar signs in the name of hope?

I don't think there's any point in that to be honest. They're not going to just see signs and say "You know what, let's play Dead Star!" off the cuff like that. Maybe if they see the signs in the US and play it, they'll decide to keep it for the stadiums but who knows.

Let me know if anyone is heading to the toilets at any point before/after an ill look out for you in the loo queue :chuckle: too good an opportunity to miss finally meeting some of you but since i'm going with my family/sitting in the third tier there's not much hope :(

Come find me at the barrier :chuckle:

Archived