2013.06.04 - Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

L.

This is weird. First time being seated during a Muse gig. I feel like I should be on my way or something :LOL:

Super excited though. Haven't been following anything about the stadium shows this tour yet, so everything will be a complete surprise. :)

It's definitely been setup a bit different for this gig, it's very similar to an arena gig in the sense that they are using the stadium structure to suspend everything rather than using structural towers, at least it means less angles will have a blocked view of the visuals.

It's a bit off seeing the chimneys more exposed with the lighting rings.

463856_488724684531946_1893556474_o.jpg

It was a great gig, with pyro! Very happy with the setlist too. Will upload videos later.

I know it's not common for Dutch gigs to have water handed out, but I agree (omg) with Pip that it should be handed out to prevent dehydration. Festivals usually have it, though not at the barrier. Never assume you'll have water is my policy now.

Just got back. Was a great gig, fantastisch show. Havent been following any of the other stadium gigs so everything was a surprise. Nice setlist, though I imagine it didnt differ much from the other ones.

Oh and Starlight shouldnt close but everyone knows that.

Got back around an hour ago. It was my first Muse gig ever, and I was amazed! Simply blown away.

Highlights for me were Supremacy, Panic Station, Bliss, Unsustainable and Survival. Survival sounded huge!

Awesome experience, this will certainly not be my last time!

Also, did anyone notice Mark Rutte in the Panic Station visuals? :LOL:

Had a blast at the gig, though there are some points of critique: no Dead star, no Stockholm Syndrome.

The sound was 'ok' though it varied too much from song to song. Undisclosed Desires wasn't powerful enough, just like the ending of New Born, which was pretty weak too. Piano on Sunburn wasn't loud enough at time, and bass was all over the place at times.

I hate the Amsterdam Arena for this, would've been much better at Goffertpark.

There was also too much dynamic in my opinion, songs went from just a bit too soft to too much bass/drums.

A lot of criticism, but I really did fuckin enjoy it!

Oh by the way, almost fell asleep during Biffy Clyro, what a boring, arrogant, overhyped shit band. Thinking they are rock gods while sounding like shit.

What an awesome gig! Had an great evening despite I was seating.

Also cool they've played Butterflies & Hurricanes!

About the water: it's common for bigger venues to hand out water, but smaller venues like Paradiso and Melkweg just allow you to bring in bottles of water.

first time standing and it was awesome :awesome: Was glad they had massive screens because I couldn't see the band half the time :chuckle:

crowd was great too :happy: (apart from the tall guys in front of me they were just standing all the time and the people talking during unintended and blackout)

was really happy we got bliss :D and kinda dissapointed we got new born again :noey:

And Butterflies was amazing!

Also, did anyone notice Mark Rutte in the Panic Station visuals? :LOL:

yes :LOL:

Had a really great time last night!! :D

I never complain about the song choices. I like every song, so everything they play is fine with me :) But i did missed dead star ....:stunned:

I only have one complain: I got there early, so hoped to get a nice spot, but some arrogant people just push themselves in to the front :mad:

And i really DISLIKE those stupid moshpits!!!! It isn’t a heavy metall concert...

I come there to enjoy the show, the music and the band, so yes i would like to stand near the barrier but i just hate it when others start pushing like they’re some kind of wild animals or something just to get to the front and don’t have the decency to stay at the place where they’ve started.

nevertheless, i had a great night.

77516187_2013-06-0508_14_38.thumb.jpg.fa06bf340a36e68b9528813646fe5953.jpg

Still haven t got any voice from screaming so much yesterday :LOL: really enjoyed the gig though I know now for sure that I belong into GA - sitting just seemed so wrong! So many families around me sitting quietly, it took them at least half of the set to get moving :$

On the plus side, at least they didnt talk during the quite songs.

I loved the set, even the quiet songs although I hadnt thought I would.

My biggest criticism is the sound during B&H, the Piano section was quite bad because of it

:(

Biffy Clyro was shit!

Muse was bloody awesome

Thanks for reading my review!

Biffy were far from shit (but I don't think the Dutch are ready for them perhaps ?!) Believe me they were fantastic at the O2 in April and I can't wait to see them again at Reading but.. fair enough, when you put them up against Muse on a night like last might, Muse are far and away the more polished, professional band. Biffy still have that raw, gritty thing and long may it continue in my opinion.

Great gig, great atmosphere and a good set (although I could live without Guiding light, Resistance and Undisclosed but they seem to play them at EVERY gig I go to). It was good to meet so many lovely people in the front of the queue (entrance J... I was the fat old bird with frizzy hair and BIG platforms handing out sun cream). I really enjoyed the Dutch crowd... very nice people.

No Hysteria though..again.... and I love it...

Sad it is all over.

What a gig! We were at the b stage barrier. Got a drumstick! :happy: also lol at matt knocking over the mic stand at the end of survival! And loved matts slap on Doms ass during GL (I think!) :chuckle:

I'm so sunburnt!! :(

I saw you with the Irish flag :D

me too! my arms and face are so red :(

Great gig:D The visuals were also pretty cool with Panic Station as a highlight(Mark Rutte & Angela Merkel :LOL:. I lol'd so hard at that:LOL:

I really missed Dead Star tho, that song has SO much energy live!

Btw, is anyone else pretty bummed matt doesnt do the awesome blackout solo ala Wembley 2007 anymore?:(

He needs to play more guitar! :D

Your review is shit :)

I know, I know, I was in a hurry a bit :LOL:

But honestly, I thought it was awful, especially the first part, and it literally hurt my ears. The second half was all right, I guess. It's just not my kind of music although I enjoy a few songs by them. When I went to get a drink (I had seats) I found a cool lounge where they were playing Glasto 2004 on a big screen so I amused myself with that for a few minutes :rolleyes:

Biffy were far from shit (but I don't think the Dutch are ready for them perhaps ?!) Believe me they were fantastic at the O2 in April and I can't wait to see them again at Reading but.. fair enough, when you put them up against Muse on a night like last might, Muse are far and away the more polished, professional band. Biffy still have that raw, gritty thing and long may it continue in my opinion.

I think Biffy were suffering from the wonky arena acoustics a bit more because there seemed to be more low/bassy stuff. The arena seems especially good at echoing those. Then again, I remember people complaining about them 'being shit' when they supported Muse at ahoy '09 as well.

I personally think they were pretty awesome both times I've seen them, especially the heavier songs.

Archived