2013.06.04 - Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

L.

It was amazing! :awesome: I arrived at about 3:15 pm with my dad,but we went searching voor a toilet and an atm, soI went to the queue at 3:30. There weren't a lot of people yet, but after I arrived it started filling very quickly! I was at about 10 m from the gates :awesome: I was really nervous when they almost opened, and I was really hot and thirsty and stuff, when the gates openened I couldn't run very fast, so I was really surprised and happy that I got to the barrier! I expected to end up somewhere halfway...

In hindsight I regret that I chose the actual barrier at the front instead of at the b-stage, as there seemed to be a lot more interaction there and I couldn't see much of the songs that were played there from where I was standing. I did touch Matt's shoulder during UD though :awesome: I really should have filmed that but I was so preoccupied with looking if Matt was coming our way that I forgot to get my phone :LOL:

Bastille were decent, and though I like Biffy better as a band I think Bastille sounded better (although that was probably because their music isn't as loud)

I was really looking forward to Biffy because I've really been getting into them, but I think they didn't really work in such a big stadium. I love their songs because for a heavy rock band they have quite a lot of melodies and stuff, but that didn't come across well imo. Also, I hoped they'd play The Joke's On Us because that's my favourite song of theirs so far but they didn't :( I was also a bit reluctant to sing along and jump and stuff because no one really did.

When Biffy where done it wasn't long (lol megalomania) before heard that Justice song, and I knew Muse would be on soon because of this board :LOL: (I've seen someone ask what song it was and the person who answered also said that they always play it about 20 minutes before Muse come on stage) The waiting didn't feel that long to me even though I'd been thirsty from the start (seriously, why don't they hand out any water?) and my feet were hurting. The intro was so awesome and I was so excited when it started! The visuals for Animals were epic (the song though didn't sound that amazing live even though it's my favourite of T2L) and I was so desperate to get some Muso's that I asked a security guy to grab some off the floor and give them to me even though they were all over the ground :LOL: I didn't notice that. When Survival started I was like 'oh god' (I like the riffs but I find the rest a bit cheesy, esp. the ending "fight! fight!' bit) but it was soooo epic live! I love the song a bit more now. I hoped for SS but we got New Born, ah well...

The slow section was pretty boring (I began to feel my feet again :LOL:) , Blackout is a beautiful song but I didn't really enjoy it that much, same for Unintended. I also hoped for Dead Star, but at least we did get Sunburn! During UD someone gave Matt an inflatable banana :LOL: Starlight closed as usual but I didn't really mind, although that might have been because I expected it already. I got at t-shirt and a poster, and I was still really thirsty so I went to buy a drink but couldn't, because you needed some kind of card to buy drinks and food :erm:

All in all it was amazing, I enjoyed it so much more than two years ago at Goffertpark. I was worried for the sound quality but it was fine, at least from where I was standing (even better than at goffertpark imo, I could make out the melody there but I didn't really hear the instruments and vocals individually if that makes sense)

Sorry for the enormous review but I'm bad at leaving out details :LOL:

It was so awesome. Arrived around 10 am and got a spot at the barrier in front of Matt, I was so happy. Such a shame that they played New Born again in Amsterdam, was hoping for Stockholm Syndrome. Loved Undisclosed Desires, because Matt shook my hand :D

Still got a smile on my face!:)

Pip and Matthijs, I love your videos. I was seated on Chris' side not to high up and had a great general view, but these close-ups are great. You caught him well on camera during UD, Pip! :)

I'm hoping the people who gave Matt the note will have found my video by now. They took my YT username :)

Matt hugged me....

That is all :D

Did he hug you or did you hug him? I saw him getting a massive bear hug from somebody, stopped him from singing!

******There was a lovely Dutch girl in the queue for entrance J, she was number 6 I think, black bobbed hair and a flowery top. I just spotted you on Youtube jumping around to Bliss. I really hope you enjoyed your first Muse gig, may you enjoy many more. Did you get to shake Matt's hand? ****

I saw you over there too with your flag, I was along a bit with the Union flag (got told off by a dutch girl for spoiling her view... or her camera's view) ......so it was a slap on the backside, I could see something happen and Matt and Dom smiling and guessed that was what it was. They are SO endearing as a band they really are, you can't help but love them. Amazing night.

Oh yes I saw you! :happy: think I'll brig my flag to all future gigs, it's easy to spot yourself on videos! I also got onto the big screen during follow me :awesome:

Oh yes I saw you! :happy: think I'll brig my flag to all future gigs, it's easy to spot yourself on videos! I also got onto the big screen during follow me :awesome:

Either a flag or a large inflatable something or other is a god plan, makes you easy to spot plus a chance of a precious moment with one of the band :D:D:D

Dom looked me in the eyes and then smiled at me and kept looking at me for a few seconds!!! (or time was going really slowly in my mind,,, probably) I melted, I must've looked stupid -.-' something like this: :eek: It was so amazing!

I HUGGED DOM. I hugged him when he walked by during Unintended to shake hands. When I was hugging him a security guy pulled him away from me:mad: BUT I HUGGED HIM FOR SEVERAL SECONDS.

OMG REALLY I'M SO JEALOUS

Lucky you ! ;)

Can't believe how close they were!

<3

This has been the best one out of the four I've seen them at!

I melted when they played Unintended, but the Sunburn bit was just as amazing!

So great to see them share our love for their first album.:)

And above all, my friend (who was at his FIRST Concert ever) loved it aswell, so did my mom (who saw them the second time).

Funny btw, how there was absolutely no trouble parking near the Arena.. lol Heard such horror stories about this. Both on the way in and the way out, no trouble whatsoever.. (but we didn't park the car in a parkinglot, maybe that's why).

Also for your enjoyment:

7aaO6xq.jpg

GYRL5jo.jpg

2H1GH8h.jpg

IN09HQe.jpg

vsCNQua.jpg

Bought at the concert itself!

Can't believe how close they were!

<3

This has been the best one out of the four I've seen them at!

I melted when they played Unintended, but the Sunburn bit was just as amazing!

So great to see them share our love for their first album.:)

And above all, my friend (who was at his FIRST Concert ever) loved it aswell, so did my mom (who saw them the second time).

Thanks for the pics!! I thought it was great too that they came so close to the audience :D it was my first Muse concert ever so it's great to hear that it was a good concert! :)

I got the harmonica from Chris and I gave him my flag and he read it and jumped up and down with it holding it up in the air!! you could see his belly!! ;)

I saw you catching the harmonica and giving him the flag. It was so funny, seeing him jumping around

I had a sign for Morgan, because I'm awesome :awesome:

Thanks for the pics!! I thought it was great too that they came so close to the audience :D it was my first Muse concert ever so it's great to hear that it was a good concert! :)

Well, I was kind of hoping for Matthew to keep his promise (we want to have intimate concerts again after the Shepherd's Bush one).

And he did, not only did he keep his word on that, his power also shined through wanting a certain robot from japan in life-size and getting it right after. LOL

Un-sus tainable.

Archived