2013.06.04 - Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

L.

Had a real fun night, Bastille was shit with a terrible sound but I don't think the sound made that much difference. I enjoyed Biffy Clyro when I expected I would hate it since last time in 2009 they really sucked. It was quite nice actually and the guitar player on the right was brilliant and hilarious at the same time.

Of course I loved Muse. Bliss, Sunburn, Knights, funny Panic station and that beautiful guitar in Animals, just some highlights. As I expected Dead Star is going to be UK only and that's a sad thing but Butterflies blew me away and might be the best performed song last night. Unintended was beautiful if only we could hear Chris' guitar better.

I don't mind them playing a set of songs on the B-stage or some running around. But when Matt left for another run to the b-stage in Madness for the second part and guitar solo I got the feeling that it was too much. It's the best part of that song and I would have loved to see it with my own eyes. But he left for the 3rd song in a row and I could feel the excitement in the crowd actually fading around me.

Follow Me was boring and terrible. Worst perfomance of the night with of course Guiding Light as a close second. Blackout was better than expected, it's still a beautiful song.

It was a great night after all :)

First of all: WOW! It was the first Muse concert for me and it simply blew me away!

Still got a huge smile on my face!

Absolutely fantastic show!

Does anybody happen to know if they always do the camera-stuff and record everything?

I think I also saw 360°-cameras, but I'm not sure... I would love to have the recording!!

Muse has never sounded great in stadiums, so this was no exception. Bastille was okay, Buffy too, but as in 2009 they suffered from the muse orientated sound setup.

As for song levels, they are utterly messed up. Solo sounds vs verse sounds are wrong in volume, something I noticed at Emirates too. The bass could be louder, except for Morgan's bass.

Videos will appear in this thread this week!

First of all: WOW! It was the first Muse concert for me and it simply blew me away!

Still got a huge smile on my face!

Absolutely fantastic show!

Does anybody happen to know if they always do the camera-stuff and record everything?

I think I also saw 360°-cameras, but I'm not sure... I would love to have the recording!!

They always have cameras there for the screen visuals.

What a gig! We were at the b stage barrier. Got a drumstick! :happy: also lol at matt knocking over the mic stand at the end of survival! And loved matts slap on Doms ass during GL (I think!) :chuckle:

I'm so sunburnt!! :(

I saw you over there too with your flag, I was along a bit with the Union flag (got told off by a dutch girl for spoiling her view... or her camera's view) ......so it was a slap on the backside, I could see something happen and Matt and Dom smiling and guessed that was what it was. They are SO endearing as a band they really are, you can't help but love them. Amazing night.

Quite okay sound on mine, except for the talking around me; video was a lot harder from such a distance, but I tried my best to focus on the highlights of each song :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB6yV14BPxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgZtd79bX04

And

I've still got a few that need uploading (Dracula Mountain, Sunburn, Unsustainable, and the end of Uprising)

Man, this was AWESOME!

Okay, to get this out of the way immediatley: you can criticize some choices they made on the setlist, especially...: Why again New Born in Amsterdam instead of playing Stockholm Syndrome!? Even the band seemed to react a bit surprised when they saw they had to play New Born! :p

But seriously: they should have played Stockholm this time. For me personally: I regret the fact that MOTP wasn't there (again...), and I really think they can stick in at least 1 more 'odd' song from the older albums -> surprise us júst a little bit more in the choice of songs, please...

Complaining about the sound (reverb...) in the ArenA is like complaining that rain is wet, but I think the sound was actually quite good where we were standing (at the catwalkbarrier, right side, right in front of Chris' mikestand). Especially when taking my other ArenA-experiences into account...

Bastille and Biffy sounded terrible though, and really suffered from the sheer lack of volume. You can't create a decent sound in the ArenA when you're not allowed to play at a volume that overpowers the enormous amount of reverb coming from behind. I love the music of Biffy Clyro but I pitied them for not being able to get their great music across- - again... in 2009 in Ahoy it was even worse with complete dropouts of the sound and an inaudible singer. But last night it wasn't like they were not trying!

I've been to multiple gigs every tour since the Black Holes & Revelations tour (yes, I wish i'd woken up a few years earlier...), and I think this was the best 'show' they put out till this date. I can only think of one really lousy gig among all of them - and that was because the audience in my area was AWFUL (If you're Dutch too: those loudmouthed Brabo's sucked in Den Bosch in 2006 and ruined my concert! And sorry if you're from Brabant yourself, I'm sure you behave perfectly decent :LOL:)...

But Ahoy '09 was absolutely awesome, Hamburg 2006 blew me away completely because of the sheer energy in the room and that one will allways be in my heart.. The first real stadium/outdoor tour in 2010 was great, and the Ziggodome-concert last december is also one my favorites. Especially beacause of the mindnumbing soundquality!

However, this one had that extra ingredients that make them a superb stadiumact (and I even think that U2's Zooropa-tour might be the only one to top Muse's present show): A clear recurring theme (or storyline if you like), clever connections between songs, references back and forth, and they really made an effort to be among the fans as much as possible.

A few examples of the great storyline and connecting the songs..: How brilliant to let that banker die at the end of Animals and then let Chris perform his Once upon Time in the West bit... Guiding Light after Blackout with the lightbulb and the beautiful dancer...? Nice! I think they really worked a bit more on a coherent concept this time - and I think the result was an utterly exciting, entertaining and breathtaking performance.

Oh, I almost forgot: there was quite a lot of humour as well! Icing on the cake on that part: Matt switching sides of the catwalk during Undisclosed Desires to find the banker and the 'female petrolfetishist' lying in coffins... :D

Conclusion: the people who failed to sell out this venue were sooooooooooo wrong!!!

(Does anyone know how many people visited the ArenA last night? I can't find it online...)

Had a blast at the gig, though there are some points of critique: no Dead star, no Stockholm Syndrome.

The sound was 'ok' though it varied too much from song to song. Undisclosed Desires wasn't powerful enough, just like the ending of New Born, which was pretty weak too. Piano on Sunburn wasn't loud enough at time, and bass was all over the place at times.

I hate the Amsterdam Arena for this, would've been much better at Goffertpark.

There was also too much dynamic in my opinion, songs went from just a bit too soft to too much bass/drums.

A lot of criticism, but I really did fuckin enjoy it!

Oh by the way, almost fell asleep during Biffy Clyro, what a boring, arrogant, overhyped shit band. Thinking they are rock gods while sounding like shit.

Honestly Biffy are not a shit band, I really feel I must defend them.. the sound in that arena is not good at all, it was echoey and something wasn't quite right there... even Muse sounded ropey at times.

Maybe Biffy are not your type of thing but please don't dismiss them as boring, overhyped or shit because they really are not I promise you and I don't want you to miss out!

Have a look on youtube at their interviews and you will see they are not arrogant and don't see themselves as "rock gods" at all, they are a nice bunch of very grounded family orientated lads

Their music is beautiful and their lyrics are exquisite... that just wasn't their night, I was a little disappointed myself and I am a big fan.

I missed Hysteria and it would have been nice to hear Dead Star again but hey-ho, it was a fantastic night and I am glad you enjoyed it x

So this was really a great night!! So awesome!! Still on cloud nine.

Got a great spot! At the barrier between the catwalk and the b-stage! Right were Chris plays MWAH.I made a flag for Chris that he saw!! Got the harmonica!!! When Chris and Dom got of the b-stage and walk next to the barrier to the main-stage I gave Chris my flag and he read it held it up in the air and starts jumping!!! So great!!

But what a gig! Loved the setlist. Too bad not Hysteria but Butterflies was nice to hear again! Last time was 2006! Now counting the days till the 18th of June!!

Got a great spot! At the barrier between the catwalk and the b-stage! Right were Chris plays MWAH.I made a flag for Chris that he saw!! Got the harmonica!!! When Chris and Dom got of the b-stage and walk next to the barrier to the main-stage I gave Chris my flag and he read it held it up in the air and starts jumping!!! So great!!

But what a gig! Loved the setlist. Too bad not Hysteria but Butterflies was nice to hear again! Last time was 2006! Now counting the days till the 18th of June!!

Haha, I was right across the catwalk. I caught the first harmonica, which he threw away after 2 seconds. I saw you catch the other one, but had no idea it was you.

And the moment with the flag was fun!

Man, this was AWESOME!

Okay, to get this out of the way immediatley: you can criticize some choices they made on the setlist, especially...: Why again New Born in Amsterdam instead of playing Stockholm Syndrome!? Even the band seemed to react a bit surprised when they saw they had to play New Born! :p

But seriously: they should have played Stockholm this time. For me personally: I regret the fact that MOTP wasn't there (again...), and I really think they can stick in at least 1 more 'odd' song from the older albums -> surprise us júst a little bit more in the choice of songs, please...

Complaining about the sound (reverb...) in the ArenA is like complaining that rain is wet, but I think the sound was actually quite good where we were standing (at the catwalkbarrier, right side, right in front of Chris' mikestand). Especially when taking my other ArenA-experiences into account...

Bastille and Biffy sounded terrible though, and really suffered from the sheer lack of volume. You can't create a decent sound in the ArenA when you're not allowed to play at a volume that overpowers the enormous amount of reverb coming from behind. I love the music of Biffy Clyro but I pitied them for not being able to get their great music across- - again... in 2009 in Ahoy it was even worse with complete dropouts of the sound and an inaudible singer. But last night it wasn't like they were not trying!

I've been to multiple gigs every tour since the Black Holes & Revelations tour (yes, I wish i'd woken up a few years earlier...), and I think this was the best 'show' they put out till this date. I can only think of one really lousy gig among all of them - and that was because the audience in my area was AWFUL (If you're Dutch too: those loudmouthed Brabo's sucked in Den Bosch in 2006 and ruined my concert! And sorry if you're from Brabant yourself, I'm sure you behave perfectly decent :LOL:)...

But Ahoy '09 was absolutely awesome, Hamburg 2006 blew me away completely because of the sheer energy in the room and that one will allways be in my heart.. The first real stadium/outdoor tour in 2010 was great, and the Ziggodome-concert last december is also one my favorites. Especially beacause of the mindnumbing soundquality!

However, this one had that extra ingredients that make them a superb stadiumact (and I even think that U2's Zooropa-tour might be the only one to top Muse's present show): A clear recurring theme (or storyline if you like), clever connections between songs, references back and forth, and they really made an effort to be among the fans as much as possible.

A few examples of the great storyline and connecting the songs..: How brilliant to let that banker die at the end of Animals and then let Chris perform his Once upon Time in the West bit... Guiding Light after Blackout with the lightbulb and the beautiful dancer...? Nice! I think they really worked a bit more on a coherent concept this time - and I think the result was an utterly exciting, entertaining and breathtaking performance.

Oh, I almost forgot: there was quite a lot of humour as well! Icing on the cake on that part: Matt switching sides of the catwalk during Undisclosed Desires to find the banker and the 'female petrolfetishist' lying in coffins... :D

Conclusion: the people who failed to sell out this venue were sooooooooooo wrong!!!

(Does anyone know how many people visited the ArenA last night? I can't find it online...)

Agree, the show really has a great concept. especially after seeing the show 3 times now it makes more sense to me why they choose certain songs in the setlist. Guiding Light ain't my favorite but it does make sense in if you look at the concept of the show.

Anyway, i had a great time at this gig! it was amazing once again, even though i do prefer the shows in London bit more, the audience was more into it imo.

But still AMAZING! still over the moon. :LOL:

Queuing with the lovely weather was so nice(it was cold though when i arrived :p). was there quite early, if you saw a girl with no. 3 on her hand by entrance G with glasses it was me. :LOL:

Yay!!! really happy for you! that is so amazing! :D the flag really worked great! :D

Haha, I was right across the catwalk. I caught the first harmonica, which he threw away after 2 seconds. I saw you catch the other one, but had no idea it was you.

And the moment with the flag was fun!

So that is me! And indeed that moment with the flag was really fun!! My friend made a photo of it but it's so blurry. Only if you know what happened you see it.

Archived