2013.06.04 - Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

L.

Had a little look at the map yesterday and it looks like is just a case of legging it diagonally across from Gate J to get to Simon/Matt's side although I am sure it won't be that simple.

I shall be wearing my ridiculous platforms again so don't reckon much on my chances of beating anybody there but at least they give me 4 inches extra height if I end up a few rows back. Still, that runway and b stage increases your chances of a barrier place. I just hope it isn't chaos. Can I make friends with somebody in the queue so I can have wee breaks during the day, I don't fancy doing another 13 hours without water like I did at reading!

You're welcome to sit with Tasha and I in the queue, if you're there at around the same time as us. I'll warn you though, she's said this morning that she wants to be there no later than 04.00, she's that desperate to get barrier for Biffy!

I'm starting to think a small pop-up tent may be a good idea, I'll be exhausted and full of aches and pains if I have to get up at 3 and queue for that long! I'd take it back to our hotel early afternoon.

You're welcome to sit with Tasha and I in the queue, if you're there at around the same time as us. I'll warn you though, she's said this morning that she wants to be there no later than 04.00, she's that desperate to get barrier for Biffy!

I'm starting to think a small pop-up tent may be a good idea, I'll be exhausted and full of aches and pains if I have to get up at 3 and queue for that long! I'd take it back to our hotel early afternoon.

4am!! She's got it bad hasn't she? Can't say I blame her, the man is female viagara... I won't be there that early thank you for offering though,. Hopefully there will be somebody as friendly who I can sit with. I am bringing my lilo so I have something to get comfy on, queuing at the O2 last year was one of the coldest most miserable experiences of my entire life (I have had a sheltered one). Lets just hope it isn't too cold.

Are you staying close to the Arena? I have somewhere near the Rijksmuseum, am doing a little sightseeing Sunday and Monday, LOVE Amsterdam.

See you there I hope.

X

4am!! She's got it bad hasn't she? Can't say I blame her, the man is female viagara... I won't be there that early thank you for offering though,. Hopefully there will be somebody as friendly who I can sit with. I am bringing my lilo so I have something to get comfy on, queuing at the O2 last year was one of the coldest most miserable experiences of my entire life (I have had a sheltered one). Lets just hope it isn't too cold.

Are you staying close to the Arena? I have somewhere near the Rijksmuseum, am doing a little sightseeing Sunday and Monday, LOVE Amsterdam.

See you there I hope.

X

We're staying at the Citizen M hotel at the airport, wanted somewhere a little luxurious and close to the airport to allow us as late a start as possible on Wednesday morning :)

I shall be going for the front barrier for this gig, as Biffy are supporting, need a good view of Simon :LOL:. You could join me and Cath in the Muse campsite. I would recommend you don't get a pop-up tent though as they don't pack very small. The one I had is really easy to put up and only £10 in the sale at Tesco at the moment.

I shall be going for the front barrier for this gig, as Biffy are supporting, need a good view of Simon :LOL:. You could join me and Cath in the Muse campsite. I would recommend you don't get a pop-up tent though as they don't pack very small. The one I had is really easy to put up and only £10 in the sale at Tesco at the moment.

Thanks! OMG, Facebook! :LOL::LOL:

We're staying at the Citizen M hotel at the airport, wanted somewhere a little luxurious and close to the airport to allow us as late a start as possible on Wednesday morning :)

That is very wise, I have an early start on Wednesday, flight leaves Schipol at 10:10 but I won't sleep anyway Tuesday night, I never do after Muse or Biffy, I am always so hyped up. Have from Wednesday lunchtime & all Thursday to catch up before going back to work

Anyway, I shall tootle along with my book, lilo, tena lady and platforms mid morning and see you all there.

Also..... Has Simon Neil got hotter or it is just me not noticing it before? I could never see past the sweat, tattoos, beard and long hair before but oh my lord he is looking fine these days, even with the blond hair & black stubble. X

I'm gonna be queuing at G with my friends!! It's gonna be lovely!!

Yay :) what time are you going to start queuing at? We're not sure what to do, what are the Dutch like queuing wise? Do they start early? I'll be the girl with the Ireland flag so it should be easy to spot me :happy:

Yay :) what time are you going to start queuing at? We're not sure what to do, what are the Dutch like queuing wise? Do they start early? I'll be the girl with the Ireland flag so it should be easy to spot me :happy:

The dutchies aren't the earl queuing. I think the most people that i heard of are coming round noon or later. I think that we are there a bit earlier ;) I was at the Emirates and had a nice spot so would want that again. How late/early are you going to queue?? I have red/orange short hair you can't miss it ;)

Well the roof thing is pretty weird though... i'm sure they will still use the pyros... it wouldn't be the same otherwise!

I think using pyro with a closed roof would burn the Arena down

The dutchies aren't the earl queuing. I think the most people that i heard of are coming round noon or later. I think that we are there a bit earlier ;) I was at the Emirates and had a nice spot so would want that again. How late/early are you going to queue?? I have red/orange short hair you can't miss it ;)

If they're not as crazy as the English then I'd say we will come around 10 or 11 (whereas we queued from 5.30am at the emirates) and hopefully we will still make barrier then. Really looking forward to it! I am tall with ginger hair so it's not hard to spot me! :p

Leaving from Vienna tomorrow, staying in The Hague with my best friend... and then taking her to the gig! Unfortunately she is working in Rotterdam till five which means we won't get to the Arena till 7 (just on time for Biffy, I hope :D) that's why I took seated tickets.

So I won't be able to queue with you musers :( I really wanted to meet some of you!

On the plus side sitting means I'll be able to appreciate the show, which is spectacular from what I saw so far!

Can't wait!

Archived