matthijs

I think I actually prefer the new one. Looks a lot cleaner, more of a 'proper' job if you get what I mean. Is the back the same?

It was refinished at the same time. Looks a bit different now, but seems to be the same type of paint

And yeah I get what you mean about cleaner. Might be the chrome pole pieces and pickup surround... but not the toggle switch tips because I've found it impossible to find ones that fit. :facepalm: Except for one which I got from Phill, but I need two.

Also, possible nando's meet for 2016. Stay tuned.

I think I prefer the first top too, more of a "that will never come out again" mirror job.

Sorry to steer this off topic, but does it look like my fretboard needs oiling?[ATTACH]18982[/ATTACH]

Doesn't really look like it. Have you oiled it before? I usually try to do mine every six months or so.

We'll see how it works out, as I haven't actually told the person that's going with me that he's going with me.

Also need to figure out where I'm staying, as I'm wanting to keep the costs down a bit this time. Might just stay in one place and use the trains to go to the different cities.

Nah I liked the MBK-2 more. It's because that particular MBK-2 wouldn't work properly with the sustainer for some reason.

If it's #ForSale let me know. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with the mirror? I can't tell from the pictures (that's good, right?)

Does this mean you're delivering the mirror to me?

That was the purpose. I should learn more about traveling with these actually, as it would make everything a lot easier (or would it?)

Off topic again but i've just found a Dickinson amp for sale:

http://www.newkingsroadguitars.co.uk/guitarshop/Dickinson_45_Head.html

Not the same model as Matt's old one though, what ever happened to that?

It's in the VIP lounge on display. I played one of the MK 1 combos a few years back actually, but Matt's is a MK II.... there's only one minor difference between the two though.

If it's #ForSale let me know. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with the mirror? I can't tell from the pictures (that's good, right?)

Exchanged it with Mansons I'm afraid.

And nothing is wrong with it. It's just that I preferred the original top.

Bloody hell! Both tops are lovely, the second one looks a bit more Earls Court though.

Come for some bru.

The earls court wasn't cracked though

Well, at first :facepalm:

IRN BRU? We'll have to get Macaroon down for this as well... even if it means dragging him into Nando's against his will.

Proper night out with the ladz 👌🏻

The earls court wasn't cracked though

Well, at first :facepalm:

IRN BRU? We'll have to get Macaroon down for this as well... even if it means dragging him into Nando's against his will.

Proper night out with the ladz ����

The cracks don't look as obvious on the second top, so it's a little bit more earls court-esque.

Maybe he'll learn to love the cheekiness. #withtheladz #archbishopofbanterbury

The cracks don't look as obvious on the second top, so it's a little bit more earls court-esque.

Maybe he'll learn to love the cheekiness. #withtheladz #archbishopofbanterbury

Nah I don't think they are, but most of the changes happened before I got the guitar. When I got it, it was like this:

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/co6c/imagearh

Not all that different, but I had the MBK-2 put in, machine heads switched to HAPs (they previously were locking ones), and the bridge swapped out for a modern tune o matic with more saddle adjustment range.

The old bridge pickup was a custom wound MQ which sounded amazing, but I didn't want it in this guitar... I sold it to someone on here, but now wish I'd kept it for something else.

Nah I don't think they are, but most of the changes happened before I got the guitar. When I got it, it was like this:

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/co6c/imagearh

Not all that different, but I had the MBK-2 put in, machine heads switched to HAPs (they previously were locking ones), and the bridge swapped out for a modern tune o matic with more saddle adjustment range.

Aw yeah they look pretty prominent there.

4168847879_698f709f66_o-89b294dd16.jpg

That picture looks a bit different, suppose it's just the solid white reflection making the cracks looks more subtle. Severe GAS for a mirror guitar now :facepalm:

Anyone spotted the new guitar yet? He still seems to be using the metal bomber he's been using for a while now.

He used it tonight.The (non holey) glitter ones look amazing up close as well. All of the want.

Managed to get a plectrum and high fives from all of the band tonight. Being crammed into the barrier paid off!

Well well well... How are we ladies and gentlechaps?

I've missed out on quite a bit of chat, it seems. Someone fill me in. What's the drama round kit and tab these days?

I was at the Hydro last night, and once again Muse were rather fucking brilliant. It seems that the time in between my now four Muse concerts are just long enough to allow other bands to creep into the argument for my favourite gigs I've attended. Every time however Muse serve as a reminder that there really is no-one else like them live. The visuals were something else. I'm not even bothered that my set list was significantly worse than the first night in glasgow*, I honestly didn't care. I saw Take A Bow, Map of the Problematique, Feeling Good and The Resistance for the first time which I suppose is something most Muse fans need to at some point.

* Edit: We did get the bagpipes drum + bass jam, though. With matt skipping round the stage waving a Scottish flag about. So there are really no complaints here.

Oh, and James. I take back my view about The Globalist, it felt like they really pushed the low end for the start of the song and the whole place was just shaking. The video projections and big drone during it went a long way to making the whole gig for me.

Also, having been somewhat absent from the Manson thread for a while, I was not aware this metal bomber was a thing. And when he pulled it out for Hysteria (The Handler as well, I think? My memory is hazy) all I could think of was the 100% confirmation that Matt hawks these boards for his ideas :p

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=10951246&postcount=7030

Proper night out with the ladz

Oh shit

Well well well... How are we ladies and gentlechaps?

I've missed out on quite a bit of chat, it seems. Someone fill me in. What's the drama round kit and tab these days?

I was at the Hydro last night, and once again Muse were rather fucking brilliant. It seems that the time in between my now four Muse concerts are just long enough to allow other bands to creep into the argument for my favourite gigs I've attended. Every time however Muse serve as a reminder that there really is no-one else like them live. The visuals were something else. I'm not even bothered that my set list was significantly worse than the first night in glasgow*, I honestly didn't care. I saw Take A Bow, Map of the Problematique, Feeling Good and The Resistance for the first time which I suppose is something most Muse fans need to at some point.

* Edit: We did get the bagpipes drum + bass jam, though. With matt skipping round the stage waving a Scottish flag about. So there are really no complaints here.

Oh, and James. I take back my view about The Globalist, it felt like they really pushed the low end for the start of the song and the whole place was just shaking. The video projections and big drone during it went a long way to making the whole gig for me.

Also, having been somewhat absent from the Manson thread for a while, I was not aware this metal bomber was a thing. And when he pulled it out for Hysteria (The Handler as well, I think? My memory is hazy) all I could think of was the 100% confirmation that Matt hawks these boards for his ideas :p

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=10951246&postcount=7030

Oh shit

Let's see...

Matt got some new guitars, I'm still waiting for some new guitars, and the board went back in time yesterday.

I can't remember what your views were, but yeah, I thought it was pretty special. Having the drone fly right over my head at the end of the countdown was cool as well (apparently the fact that it crashed the other night is a thing now?)

Somehow I don't think Matt gives a whole lot of input (at least compared to the likes of Bs) when he wants a guitar made. We all remember how he just requested "sparkles" for the original red glitter.

Archived