matthijs

A few swirly DL-1 headstocks as well...? Like baby versions of the headstock on Bs' custom.

Yeah seems that way.

Normal sized versions of the one on Bs' custom. I would've got a 4+3 configuration for that, but then it's Bs' custom and not mine... :shifty:

:ninja:

what options did you go for again?

SDL-1:

-MBK-1 set

-Swirl option

-Custom hardware (machine head buttons and control knobs)

-Standard electronics

Basically looking to keep it true to the original.

Yeah seems that way.

Normal sized versions of the one on Bs' custom. I would've got a 4+3 configuration for that, but then it's Bs' custom and not mine... :shifty:

SDL-1:

-MBK-1 set

-Swirl option

-Custom hardware (machine head buttons and control knobs)

-Standard electronics

Basically looking to keep it true to the original.

NICE!. You say "standard electronics" like anything Manson can be standard :ninja:

Did you get a lead time? Considering that they have the necks, how long would it take? I'm looking at the pictures on Manson's site and the SDL-1 looks like it has the knobs in different positions than the other MB's, right?

Did you get the DL-1 as well or is it too similar to one of the escapees? :rolleyes:

I'm looking at the pictures on Manson's site and the SDL-1 looks like it has the knobs in different positions than the other MB's, right?

it's a replica of the ali top so of course it's gonna have the knobs in different positions :p

manson-matthew-bellamy-custom-ali-top-electric-guitar-xl.jpg.0affa7a0b62faff03141003eacf35807.jpg

it's a replica of the ali top so of course it's gonna have the knobs in different positions :p

Hey now I'm a noob. Alitop looks like the MBK1 had nickel covers? Get chrome, James

I wonder if they ever made an 007 MB?

NICE!. You say "standard electronics" like anything Manson can be standard :ninja:

Did you get a lead time? Considering that they have the necks, how long would it take? I'm looking at the pictures on Manson's site and the SDL-1 looks like it has the knobs in different positions than the other MB's, right?

Did you get the DL-1 as well or is it too similar to one of the escapees? :rolleyes:

Standard as in no extra add ons. And not sure yet, I think the end of the summer.

Nope, already have one from the first batch in 2011.

Hey now I'm a noob. Alitop looks like the MBK1 had nickel covers? Get chrome, James

I wonder if they ever made an 007 MB?

I think they're doing nickel for these, which I'd definitely prefer, as the chrome on my DL-1 looks a bit too clean.

Want.

Jaicen

Did you see that old one I bought when I visited last year? I recall it's from 1981. Not a strat type, but one of the other shapes they did at the time. REALLY nice condition as well, with the exception of some of the finish missing near the bottom strap button.

Was tempted to refinish at one point, but I don't think I should.

Jaicen

Did you see that old one I bought when I visited last year? I recall it's from 1981. Not a strat type, but one of the other shapes they did at the time. REALLY nice condition as well, with the exception of some of the finish missing near the bottom strap button.

Was tempted to refinish at one point, but I don't think I should.

I did not!? Was it a Merlin? Pics or etc..

Wow. That looks beautifully made, and super clean. Is it heavy?

like the custom looking pickups, i'm guessing they're Kent Armstrongs?

Nah it's a good weight. I was pretty surprised at the quality too - these go for less than £1000 on eBay sometimes, which is a #steal

And yeah, they are. Relatively low output, but sound pretty nice. Wired up to a phase switch as well.

On the way home from Manchester, great gig but no CE. MOTP is the shit though.

Not many guitars to discuss, the newish silver bomber is beautiful in the flesh and the holo sparkles are cool. What happened to the holey ones though?

What happened to the holey ones though?

I think they only got used for songs that were tuned half a step down. is he playing guitar during starlight again? That seems to be the only song they play in that tuning now, that I can think of. Shame if that's them gone though, they looked amazing.

Edit: the first holey one was used for TIRO on the Psycho tour from what I remember

I think they only got used for songs that were tuned half a step down. is he playing guitar during starlight again? That seems to be the only song they play in that tuning now, that I can think of. Shame if that's them gone though, they looked amazing.

Edit: the first holey one was used for TIRO on the Psycho tour from what I remember

The Holey Manson was used for Revolt in Paris if I remember correctly.

On the way home from Manchester, great gig but no CE. MOTP is the shit though.

Not many guitars to discuss, the newish silver bomber is beautiful in the flesh and the holocaust sparkles are cool. What happened to the holey ones though?

Archived