matthijs

What's your favorite Manson guitar out of the ones you've played and what's the one you've had the most fun with?

The plain basic black ones are still my favourite, they just feel solid but lightweight and can take a beating. On the tech side, the Kaoss pad has been fun but I probably haven't utilised it as much as I could.

No wonder he's had so many built

I trust the Kemper questions are coming

mods dropped the ball I'm afraid. Someone still has to get a USB stick and take it to the VIP thing...

But I was disappointed to find out that these profiles sounded "rubbish" according to someone who tried it

mods dropped the ball I'm afraid. Someone still has to get a USB stick and take it to the VIP thing...

But I was disappointed to find out that these profiles sounded "rubbish" according to someone who tried it

Do they know if they were the actual profiles? Presume so. Tbf through headphones it does sound naff

Tbf I think the matte black from 2012 is my favourite Manson, I've always thought it was just so classy and simple. (Plus the the reason I got a satin black EVO)

Also, It's bad when the first thing you buy when student loan drops is Custom Tuners and a stealth strap. I haven't even bought food yet :$

Apparently the custom tuners are difficult to install, anyone care to confirm?

Do they know if they were the actual profiles? Presume so. Tbf through headphones it does sound naff

One was titled "Marsh 1959 AIR"

I think the fact that it's based on a 1959, and has AIR (as in air studios) would suggest it's #legit

There was also a diezel profile apparently, but I'm not sure what the name of that was.

I second the USB thing.

They probably sound rubbish because the profiles were created to be ran directly into the PA system so if you're listening to them through headphones or what have you it might sound drastically different. Either that or the kemper gets mixed with the axe for all the tones, and the kemper isn't used primarily for amps as we've been led to believe.

Someone do get a shot of all the profiles used for knights though... I think all of us would benefit from knowing what goes into the fuzz sound used for the tremolo part :ninja:

I second the USB thing.

They probably sound rubbish because the profiles were created to be ran directly into the PA system so if you're listening to them through headphones or what have you it might sound drastically different. Either that or the kemper gets mixed with the axe for all the tones, and the kemper isn't used primarily for amps as we've been led to believe.

Someone do get a shot of all the profiles used for knights though... I think all of us would benefit from knowing what goes into the fuzz sound used for the tremolo part :ninja:

Doesn't he still use some pedals? Maybe the Knights profile will get you no closer :ninja:

I've only used headphones with my Kemper once (using the headphone out on the Kemper) and never used it again simply because it sounded naff. Through speakers or a guitar cab though it's great

I really like the Zvex MA specials. Imperial Vintage Guitars had a few a while ago, for about x1.75 the price :$

I hate Imperial Vintage for that. They try to pull the "oh its so exclusive there is a 6 month waiting list on MA-Evos. I'd rather buy one from Manson for the same price. Of course, I messaged them once and they immediately said they could lower the price to match Manson's if I was interested...

Doesn't he still use some pedals? Maybe the Knights profile will get you no closer :ninja:

I've only used headphones with my Kemper once (using the headphone out on the Kemper) and never used it again simply because it sounded naff. Through speakers or a guitar cab though it's great

Yeah, there are still a few pedals. I think he's running the kaoss pad through the fuzz head though, so that one is probably not for guitar.

I hate Imperial Vintage for that. They try to pull the "oh its so exclusive there is a 6 month waiting list on MA-Evos. I'd rather buy one from Manson for the same price. Of course, I messaged them once and they immediately said they could lower the price to match Manson's if I was interested...

Maybe that suggests they're not having much luck selling them. It's well worth the hassle of shipping to buy direct.

Yeah i hate how they make it sound like their MA's are one of a kind, and if you want one buying from them was the ONLY option unless you want to be on a waitlist for years. Oh and how they keep saying MUSE and MATT BELLAMY to sell their MA's. Just. No.

I messaged them once about the hardcase and they were being assholes about it - basically they have the case for $250 PLUS $70 shipping. If I bought it from manson and get it shipped here, the total would be ~240. I told them that and they said something along the lines of "that's impossible, but suit yourself" :facepalm:

Maybe that suggests they're not having much luck selling them. It's well worth the hassle of shipping to buy direct.

Agreed. I love how their MIDI MA's come close to $5000. Honestly I find it hard to believe that some people can just drop several thousand bucks on a guitar in a store without googling it, doing some math, and realizing that they're playing way to much compared to the list price. If you told me IVG weren't official "dealers," just someone shipping the guitars from Manson at full price and reselling them, I would believe you 100% :facemelt:

Oh yeah of course. I'll never buy from their price gouging store and shitty business tactics. I saw an IG post from them about how their MA EVO's were selling out and it was the last chance to buy one without a 6-8 month waiting list. This was at the same time I purchased mine from Mansons and got it a week and a half later.

It's pretty funny that an MA-1 evo with a hardcase came out at cheaper in AUD than from then when the conversion rate was practically 2 to 1 from GBP to AUD.

I seriously dislike the business Imperial vintage has, I would only ever consider buying from them if I was rich and desperate for an MB-1/DL-1.

Better be rich! They're planning on selling their two DL-1's from this batch around $8500. Wouldn't be surprised if they showed up and the price goes up to $10K.

Better be rich! They're planning on selling their two DL-1's from this batch around $8500. Wouldn't be surprised if they showed up and the price goes up to $10K.

They had that one red sparkle MB1 with black hardware forever and it was listed at $10k. No doubt the DL-1 is listed for close to that.

Archived