matthijs

#n00bz

As for the finish, I originally had this exact one in mind for my custom before I decided to keep it close to the original 007. However, now that I see it's been done I may have sent an inquiry on an MA bomber with this finish :ninja:

Any word on the expected completion of the first DR-1 run?

Do it (mainly because I don't want to find out that a rounded MA looks weird)

And nope, haven't even confirmed my spec. Seems they're doing lots of work on the DL/SDL though

Honestly just realised that the bombers are all P90 and not sustainiac. I also wondered what the P90 is, I'd guess Bareknuckle of some sort.

It's this guitar right? http://www.musewiki.org/Manson_Metal_Bomber

He'd have so much fun with a sustainiac + floyd rose too.

And nope, it's a new one.

Wonder why most of the bombers have fuzz factories built in... I've never seen him use them in those guitars.

because they can't fit the built in kaoss pad

I heard he used the chrome bomber for plug in baby at least once (eden sessions 2006 I think)

Do it (mainly because I don't want to find out that a rounded MA looks weird)

And nope, haven't even confirmed my spec. Seems they're doing lots of work on the DL/SDL though

He'd have so much fun with a sustainiac + floyd rose too.

And nope, it's a new one.

Fair enough! I did noticed the humbucker was uncovered, not sure if there's much else different.

I heard he used the chrome bomber for plug in baby at least once (eden sessions 2006 I think)

Maybe he uses FF during Knights? Idk.

:LOL:

Can't find a high enough quality video of that to tell which guitar it is, other than it's shiny.

So, this didn't start until I had this exact combination, but when I have my EVO-S plugged in through my Fuzz Factory pedal to my amp, my amp is intercepting AM radio signals and playing commercials through it. I'm so confused :LOL: only does it when the guitar volume is off

So, this didn't start until I had this exact combination, but when I have my EVO-S plugged in through my Fuzz Factory pedal to my amp, my amp is intercepting AM radio signals and playing commercials through it. I'm so confused :LOL: only does it when the guitar volume is off

That's actually normal on some settings. Might be worth trying a different cable if it bothers you, as I imagine it acts as a floppy antenna of sorts

Honestly just realised that the bombers are all P90 and not sustainiac. I also wondered what the P90 is, I'd guess Bareknuckle of some sort.

It's this guitar right? http://www.musewiki.org/Manson_Metal_Bomber

I didn't know that! PiB riff played with neck P90 confirmed? :rolleyes:

It's *probably* either an MQ or NT. The MBK1 is definitely the MQ and MBK-90s (I think that's what they're called - 2 P90s stacked to make a giant humbucker) are special Nantuckets. I'm not sure if Manson's been fitting the NT neck into his guitars though - the Alnico V is supposed to be punchier & all that good stuff.

Ohh, the bomber bodies are different from the MB's, James? O_O

WRONG...I WAS THERE :D

You've been hiding that for nearly ten years! Do you also have a twin that you've been hiding? Wouldn't be surprised if you did :ninja:

I believe it's the Werther's Original

Nah those are a different shape. I think he was referring to the cough drop shape.

I've never seen it played on a guitar without both a FF and a Phase 90.

I tried the phaser in that video I sent you, but it sounds all wrong after the FF. Need a new guitar with the phaser built in before it I think.

I'm kidding :D

He's played it on the LP DC as well, but I don't think many people have seen this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoT31hd-DEY

Hello everyone,

Wow. I haven't been on here for the past 8 years. I was the one who bought the ex demo chrome manson tele back in the day.

I really need your help regarding the DR-1 if anyone has had the chance to try it out? Does it feel the quality instrument that Mansons are renowned for?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

By the way if anyone should be interested in hearing the Manson chrome tele in action you can listen to the (half finished) song "Surfing the Jet Stream" at the bottom of the page here:

Hope everyone is well! :)

Best wishes from Denmark.

Soren

Hello everyone,

Wow. I haven't been on here for the past 8 years. I was the one who bought the ex demo chrome manson tele back in the day.

I really need your help regarding the DR-1 if anyone has had the chance to try it out? Does it feel the quality instrument that Mansons are renowned for?

I don't think anyone on here has actually tried them. The production models haven't actually been built yet, so there's only really that first one that was at the guitar show last year.

I'd imagine they'll be comparable to the MA series anyway.

How is your chrome guitar doing? I managed to get that chrome MoC (the one built in 2005 which belonged to someone who used to post here) and it has a fair bit of wear, especially on the back. Not a durable finish at all.

I recall someone here had tried the DR at the Mansons guitar show, they were wondering about the neck as the proto has a Rosewood board, the production will be ebony.

Did they actually try it? #DoNotTouch

Yeah, the production model will be ebony.

I think this must be the production prototype? It says DRONE: 00, and I recall the others were 01 and 02

10254047_429830883891274_5532693322012196254_n.jpg?oh=5028445435df6dafa65b093b3ac31385&oe=57A2A43C

I don't think anyone on here has actually tried them. The production models haven't actually been built yet, so there's only really that first one that was at the guitar show last year.

I'd imagine they'll be comparable to the MA series anyway.

How is your chrome guitar doing? I managed to get that chrome MoC (the one built in 2005 which belonged to someone who used to post here) and it has a fair bit of wear, especially on the back. Not a durable finish at all.

Thanks a lot James. That makes sense.

It's so hard to pay that kind of money for a guitar and not being able to try it out, let alone see the olive green colour in the flesh. I'll probably pay the deposit regardless :)

The chrome tele is holding up beatifully. It has a huge sound with the MBK 2 set. Very organic and powerful. I just need something similar with a hard tail!

I actually remember when you bought that MoC! I was so jealous back then! :D Wasn't that the one where the top was butchered at the shop? I would have been so angry! :)

Thanks a lot James. That makes sense.

It's so hard to pay that kind of money for a guitar and not being able to try it out, let alone see the olive green colour in the flesh. I'll probably pay the deposit regardless :)

The chrome tele is holding up beatifully. It has a huge sound with the MBK 2 set. Very organic and powerful. I just need something similar with a hard tail!

I actually remember when you bought that MoC! I was so jealous back then! :D Wasn't that the one where the top was butchered at the shop? I would have been so angry! :)

Yeah I got a bit nervous when I bought my first one. Had no idea what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised :ninja: Have you tried the MA series? I do think it will be just as good, if not better

And that's cool. I was referring to this one actually, which has a proper chrome finish, rather than the mirror top

13096209_10153974225730944_5316028364378633265_n.jpg?oh=ec0b02d9fd7678eb7ce0e81dc956998b&oe=57A4E9BD

Yeah I got a bit nervous when I bought my first one. Had no idea what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised :ninja: Have you tried the MA series? I do think it will be just as good, if not better

And that's cool. I was referring to this one actually, which has a proper chrome finish, rather than the mirror top

13096209_10153974225730944_5316028364378633265_n.jpg?oh=ec0b02d9fd7678eb7ce0e81dc956998b&oe=57A4E9BD

Exactly... I even remember the smell of the guitar when I opened the guitar case.. I opened it outside the post office because I simply couldn't wait. If only one could experience that over and over again... Oh wait... You have!!

No, I haven't tried the MA series. I'm sure they're fine instruments. I just find it hard to believe that they will feel as special as a custom guitar built from scratch in the shop. Maybe I'm being a prima donna about it and it's all in my head.

That svelte chrome bomber looks absolutely fantastic... :)

Exactly... I even remember the smell of the guitar when I opened the guitar case.. I opened it outside the post office because I simply couldn't wait. If only one could experience that over and over again... Oh wait... You have!!

No, I haven't tried the MA series. I'm sure they're fine instruments. I just find it hard to believe that they will feel as special as a custom guitar built from scratch in the shop. Maybe I'm being a prima donna about it and it's all in my head.

That svelte chrome bomber looks absolutely fantastic... :)

Heh I do as well. Somehow my first one has still kept that smell, but just very slightly at this point. And yeah, you're absolutely right :$

They really are. The E series (made in the same factory) are even nicer - really up there with the high end stuff. While the MAs aren't quite as special as a custom build, they are still some of the best out there for the money. Easily on par with a good U.S. Fender to give you an idea.

Were you looking to get a numbered one? It should be a continuous run, but if there are numbered ones left, I understand why you're looking to get one soon.

Archived