matthijs

Heh I do as well. Somehow my first one has still kept that smell, but just very slightly at this point. And yeah, you're absolutely right :$

They really are. The E series (made in the same factory) are even nicer - really up there with the high end stuff. While the MAs aren't quite as special as a custom build, they are still some of the best out there for the money. Easily on par with a good U.S. Fender to give you an idea.

Were you looking to get a numbered one? It should be a continuous run, but if there are numbered ones left, I understand why you're looking to get one soon.

Great stuff... I wish mine still smelled that good. I should probably have kept it in it's case when I was not using it to preserve the perfume :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. Very helpful indeed.

It sounds like I have a lot to learn... I thought Manson's were only making 99 DR-1s, but I can tell from the website that they will get a fixed number for the future production. Somehow that sucks some of the fun out of the deal.

Have you kept all your Mansons during all these years?

It sounds like I have a lot to learn... I thought Manson's were only making 99 DR-1s, but I can tell from the website that they will get a fixed number for the future production. Somehow that sucks some of the fun out of the deal

I had put a deposit down and called dibs on the one with my birth year, then had to cancel and now regret it massivley because I have Manson GAS now :(

I had put a deposit down and called dibs on the one with my birth year, then had to cancel and now regret it massivley because I have Manson GAS now :(

they might still be available ;)

LOL I just saw that Imperial Vintage has the MBC1 for $699 + $65 shipping. With that kind of money you can get one brand new + a BKP Nailbomb AND a Sustainiac if you do the work yourself :facemelt:

Great stuff... I wish mine still smelled that good. I should probably have kept it in it's case when I was not using it to preserve the perfume :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. Very helpful indeed.

It sounds like I have a lot to learn... I thought Manson's were only making 99 DR-1s, but I can tell from the website that they will get a fixed number for the future production. Somehow that sucks some of the fun out of the deal.

Have you kept all your Mansons during all these years?

I think it's just 99 numbered ones w/ certificate, and then a fixed number for the future production.

And nope, I've sold about five of them I think (would've been more if I didn't buy some of them back...)

I stole one :ninja:

Technically I traded it to you for a case of IRN BRU, as we can't get that stuff over here (legally)

Is it a coincidence that #VileOrange and IRN BRU are the same colour? I doubt it very much

No one ever told me about being able to reserve a number.

If I get DRONE: 90 though... that would certainly be interesting :ninja: *hint hint*

What does Matt do with all of his unused Mansons? Other than the 007 which is only ever used for studio stuff, what exactly does Matt do with the rest? I'm talking about the original bomber, delorean, the kaoss manson, etc. I assume he'd have them all at his (many) houses or something but then again does Matt even play guitar while he's at home? What with all the constant touring and getting almost no downtime/family time.

It's actually pretty nice that he's still using the mirror for PiB and the chrome bomber for some other songs though, it's like a nostalgia thing when you watch a live video of him using those guitars in the early 2000's and then seeing him use them now.

What does Matt do with all of his unused Mansons? Other than the 007 which is only ever used for studio stuff, what exactly does Matt do with the rest? I'm talking about the original bomber, delorean, the kaoss manson, etc. I assume he'd have them all at his (many) houses or something but then again does Matt even play guitar while he's at home? What with all the constant touring and getting almost no downtime/family time.

It's actually pretty nice that he's still using the mirror for PiB and the chrome bomber for some other songs though, it's like a nostalgia thing when you watch a live video of him using those guitars in the early 2000's and then seeing him use them now.

Not actually sure, but all the old guitars are probably in his house. Apart from the ones in the museum and the one other that we know of.

Is the mirror still being counted as the one from 2004, since it was rebuilt?

Technically I traded it to you for a case of IRN BRU, as we can't get that stuff over here (legally)

Is it a coincidence that #VileOrange and IRN BRU are the same colour? I doubt it very much

James if you believe that's a coincidence I have underestimated you.

Not actually sure, but all the old guitars are probably in his house. Apart from the ones in the museum and the one other that we know of.

Well, I guess it shouldn't be counted as THE original 2004 mirror, but it's still the same exact guitar, just weight relieved for 5 pounds somehow... plus the newer components and wood.

And apparently he had a duplicate of it built last year, only difference being a gotoh 510 bridge and a bigger gap between the FF controls.

The doubleneck is in the museum isn't it? Are people allowed to pick it up and weight test it :ninja:

James if you believe that's a coincidence I have underestimated you.

It was all a clever plan. I knew you would love that colour, being from Scotland and all.

He doesn't use that one anymore, it's a complete new one.

And what's the one other? The 7 string?

He doesn't use that one anymore, it's a complete new one.

And what's the one other? The 7 string?

Yeah. I asked Tim Stark about that on Twitter ages ago :nerd: I'm sure somewhere said it's got the same pickups, ff & phase 90 as earls court, but I might have imagined that.

The other one I meant is the rust relic

Yeah. I asked Tim Stark about that on Twitter ages ago :nerd: I'm sure somewhere said it's got the same pickups, ff & phase 90 as earls court, but I might have imagined that.

The other one I meant is the rust relic

Yeah, he used the original rebuilt one up until the current tour. The new one seems to be the same, but with the MBK-1 set, and 510 bridge/tailpiece

There's the M1D1 as well. Somewhat related, but I wonder how many of the showbiz tour guitars he still has. There's the custom shop SG, aloha strat (I think that counts), and maybe the yellow LP double cut

Yeah, he used the original rebuilt one up until the current tour. The new one seems to be the same, but with the MBK-1 set, and 510 bridge/tailpiece

There's the M1D1 as well. Somewhat related, but I wonder how many of the showbiz tour guitars he still has. There's the custom shop SG, aloha strat (I think that counts), and maybe the yellow LP double cut

Can't find anything about the rebuilt mirror using parts from the original, so I probably did imagine that. Sorry chaps.

Aw yeah, is the M1D1 still somewhere in Mansons shop/works? He might still have the Parker Fly, the yamaha... and maybe the mysterious white guitar as well :ninja:

http://www.microcuts.net/gallery/data/media/384/matthew_and_dom.jpg

http://www.microcuts.net/gallery/data/media/384/matthew.jpg

Red glitter / Bomber Manson / Gibson SG from Showbiz era / Deloran Manson ( notice the chrome pickup instead of the motherbucker ) / Manson 7 String / Ali Top Manson

Gibson Lespaul ??? / Mirror Manson / Kaoss Manson / Fender Aloha strat

The Chrome Bomber, the Laser and the Black Midi are missing on these pictures.

Someone knows where was mentioned that Bellamy used a Parker Fly for the recording of TOADA ?

Can't find anything about the rebuilt mirror using parts from the original, so I probably did imagine that. Sorry chaps.

Aw yeah, is the M1D1 still somewhere in Mansons shop/works? He might still have the Parker Fly, the yamaha... and maybe the mysterious white guitar as well :ninja:

I recall at least the neck and pickups were kept. I saw in some pictures that they look like those same worn down ones he had in the 'original' mirror

And yeah, as far as I know. The parker fly is still around as far as I know (used on absolution for the TSP solo from what I recall) but not sure about the yamaha. Someone said he traded it to someone at Mansons years ago, but that's probably not true

And from the sound of things, he hasn't seen that white guitar in years (couldn't remember what it was in a BHAR era interview.) It's probably in that warehouse Dom mentioned or something

http://www.microcuts.net/gallery/data/media/384/matthew_and_dom.jpg

http://www.microcuts.net/gallery/data/media/384/matthew.jpg

Red glitter / Bomber Manson / Gibson SG from Showbiz era / Deloran Manson ( notice the chrome pickup instead of the motherbucker ) / Manson 7 String / Ali Top Manson

Gibson Lespaul ??? / Mirror Manson / Kaoss Manson / Fender Aloha strat

The Chrome Bomber, the Laser and the Black Midi are missing on these pictures.

Someone knows where was mentioned that Bellamy used a Parker Fly for the recording of TOADA ?

You sure he changed the pickup in the delorean? I thought Hugh told him not to, and that was the one guitar he kept original.

The LP in the picture is Chris' 72 deluxe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EmCOdcg2oI

2:40

And no, I thought the aloha strat was used for that song.

For me, there's a chrome pickup on the bridge position, on the picture, but maybe I'm wrong, the resolution is not very good.

When did matt change the pickup on the 007 ? Wasn't it around the BH&R recording ? I think I read an article about that, I should have saved it :$

EDIT : About TOADA, I don't know why someone mentioned the Parker on musewiki

For me, there's a chrome pickup on the bridge position, on the picture, but maybe I'm wrong, the resolution is not very good.

When did matt change the pickup on the 007 ? Wasn't it around the BH&R recording ? I think I read an article about that, I should have saved it :$

Pretty sure Hugh popped to France with a big old bag of Bare Knuckles while they were recording BH&R

You sure you're not seeing the chrome pickup surround? The delorean was retired around the time he switched the BKPs, but it's always been said that he kept that one original.

The 007 got the bridge pickup changed before the recording of BHAR from what I remember. I recall it had the BKP bridge pickup when it first appeared in 2005, when it was last seen at the earls court shows. I remember everyone thought something happened to it for some reason...

And not sure, but it's also possible that he used the custom shop SG for that solo, as that guitar was said to be used for the vibrato bits in hysteria.

We know nothing.

I'm sure I remember that, he delivered them to Miravale or however it's spelt.

yeah that too

Maybe it's the pickup ring, you're right, I thought it was black on this guitar.

Also, james I have a request, I remember you posted a picture of the yamaha 120 from showbiz era where the modifications were explained ( it was from a french magazine if I'm not wrong ) , do you still have this picture ? I'm thinking of modifying my yamaha like his.

Archived