2013.04.15 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, US

Jasonli18t

hoping to get tickets for one of these MSG shows. there are some tix available behind/side of the stage. Anyone have experience seeing a show from there?

i saw the Coldplay/Jay Z show from the upper rear corner of the Barclays and all things considered, it really isnt that bad. proximity wise youre actually as close as most of the fans at the other end of the arena. really the only downside is that the band wont face your direction often. if your goal is to enjoy the acoustics and visual spectacle, it surely wont disappoint

i saw the Coldplay/Jay Z show from the upper rear corner of the Barclays and all things considered, it really isnt that bad. proximity wise youre actually as close as most of the fans at the other end of the arena. really the only downside is that the band wont face your direction often. if your goal is to enjoy the acoustics and visual spectacle, it surely wont disappoint

Thanks! I couldn't imagine it would be bad, but its good to hear someone who's done it.

I've been behind the stage for two muse shows. One in MSG, I was in the 200's directly behind. Sound was EXCELLENT. And the view couldn't have been any better, I mean we were like right on top of the guys.

The other time was at Staples Center... I was behind the stage but on the lower level front row. SOUNDS like it would be amazing, right? No. I was almost BELOW stage level, so the railing blocked view of the guys a lot. Matt and Chris walked by 3 or 4 times, which was cool for close ups, but other than that the view was poor. But the WORST thing was that the sound was awful. They must not have done a sound check back there, or maybe I wasn't high enouhg (makes sense, the speakers are quite elevated). I was shocked because the last 4 times I saw them at Staples it sounded amazing, whether I was in GA, side stage lower level, or upper deck side stage.

I guess I would say Go for it, but try not to get lower level if those become available. Stick to the 200 or 300 sections behind the stage.

EDIT: Here is a video I took behind the stage at MSG last time around http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pq9fQtGUcI The sound is muffled because of the recording device I used, it sounded way better live.

Tomorrow, Muse will be answering our questions on Twitter (18:30 GMT). Maybe we should tell them that the GA for MSG gigs will be separate on 2 sections and we could´nt choose when we bought the tickets. I think it's our only chance to change that...

Finally got my ticket. I swear, it isn't a Muse show if there isn't some panic with the tickets. Are we trying to get them to change the East/West GA situation? I thought all presales were West GA?

I've been trying to get their attention through Twitter, but no success with it. The GA floor cannot be divided in two... This would be so unfair !

This will be my friend's 1st Muse show, and now I'm worried there'll be no PIB. For me it's such a classic, a crowd-pleaser, and the intro always makes me leap off my feet. I will be setlist-watching more closely as the show nears.

Cross your fingers with me, won't you?

MSG is a premier venue in a big market much like Staples Center, Los Angeles... they usually play 1 or 2 songs more than the rest of the tour. I predict PiB will get played, or at least we won't get a shorter set like the've been rocking since they left Los Angeles.

Finally got my ticket. I swear, it isn't a Muse show if there isn't some panic with the tickets. Are we trying to get them to change the East/West GA situation? I thought all presales were West GA?

Was your ticket through the fan presale or Ticketmaster?

I've been trying to get their attention through Twitter, but no success with it. The GA floor cannot be divided in two... This would be so unfair !

I know that a few people, emailed Music Today about the location of their fan presale GA tickets, and they were all informed that they are West GA. We'll see once they start to arrive.

Was your ticket through the fan presale or Ticketmaster?

I know that a few people, emailed Music Today about the location of their fan presale GA tickets, and they were all informed that they are West GA. We'll see once they start to arrive.

I was not available during the presale and only got East GAs for Tuesday's gigs...

So I'm really pissed off with that thing, the only venue with a GA split in two...

MSG is a premier venue in a big market much like Staples Center, Los Angeles... they usually play 1 or 2 songs more than the rest of the tour. I predict PiB will get played, or at least we won't get a shorter set like the've been rocking since they left Los Angeles.

I agree with you. I imagine well get a set more similar to LA than to any other gig. id expect a 20 song performance with most likely a bliss/sunburn type song appearance. theres a reason why MSG was one of the few venues to sell out outright and then have a second night lined up. itll be rockn! cant wait for both nights

Hi

I am selling three spare tickets :

- 2 tickets seated together section 202

- 1 ticket section 224

@ Face Value.

Contact via musemuza@hotmail.com

Tx

I have 2 EAST GA tickets that I can no longer use. I am selling for face value+fess which was $160. Please send me an email at mlafleur14@gmail.com if interested. Thanks

Please use the musebay thread to advertise any tickets for sale or swap: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=88005&page=5

Thanks!

Is the whole arena not open for the 4/16 show. It does not seem like they are selling any tickets in the 300 section, let alone the 400's Last time I saw Muse at MSG i sat in the 300's and the whole place was sold out. Is this just a factor of them having 4 shows in NYC in one week?

Never mind. I didn't realize they changed the seating so much when they did the renovations.

have people started getting their tickets yet? i still haven't received either the presale or the ticketmaster tickets. when is it time to worry? lol

The pre-sale won't arrive until about 2 weeks before the show.

The ticketmaster ones should arrived already unless they are VIP.

strangely enough, just got an email saying my presale tickets have been sent out

also, i can't remember where this was discussed, but the VIP tickets are being sent out for this gig because of that paperless ticketing law in NY

not sure about all that other stuff that was included in the VIP package, but i'm guessing that has to be picked up at the venue

Archived