Matt Bellamy's voice has never been better

JoshXR

I have been lurking on these forums for a while, and I have read a lot of people complaining that Matt's voice has been going downhill for the last several years.

After listening to the live videos and studio recordings of The 2nd Law, all I have to say is that they couldn't be MORE WRONG! Matt's voice is so much more powerful that it used to be. His falsettos? Still great, maybe even fuller these days.

That is all :LOL::D

I have been lurking on these forums for a while, and I have read a lot of people complaining that Matt's voice has been going downhill for the last several years.

Clearly you haven't done a very good job lurking.

Pretty much anyone who complains about Matt's voice getting worse gets shot down quickly.

Mostly by me, but still.

If he really manages to sing those highs properly on tour...
I think he will do the high note in the chorus of Follow Me in falsetto after a while.

And will probably start doing at least the second A4 in Madness in falsetto. Don't see him avoiding the A4s in Panic Station. Not sure about the Bb4s in the chorus of Big Freeze... And he's already put the Bb4s in Follow Me on Chris.

What else...oh he'll probably do the A4s in Unsustainable.

He's going from strength to strength vocally! I really didn't think he'd attempt Supremacy-style falsettos. He's done falsetto on every album, but not quite like that since maybe Shrinking Universe! That's the one I keep comparing it to cos it seems to go on longer and is just so fucking epic!

Not just falsetto, though: he's belting like on Madness, he's got a fierceness on Panic Station and Follow Me (as well as singing an incredibly looow note - not Spiral Static low, but close!); and he's super soothing on Animals. He's a vocal chameleon! :LOL:

If he really manages to sing those highs properly on tour...

I think that's partly the genius of having Chris take the vocals on his songs, instead of Matt. Singing like Matt does for a whole set is exhausting, and I am sure he realized how he sounded at the end of TR tour as much as we did...perfect solution: have someone else take a couple songs. Just so happened that Chris had written/toyed around with some songs anyway, and voila!

Matt's vocals are what keeps me coming back for Muse, honestly. Not the rest of it isn't great, but I sort of (okay, not sort of, but REALLY) love his voice.

I think that's partly the genius of having Chris take the vocals on his songs, instead of Matt. Singing like Matt does for a whole set is exhausting, and I am sure he realized how he sounded at the end of TR tour as much as we did...perfect solution: have someone else take a couple songs. Just so happened that Chris had written/toyed around with some songs anyway, and voila!

Matt's vocals are what keeps me coming back for Muse, honestly. Not the rest of it isn't great, but I sort of (okay, not sort of, but REALLY) love his voice.

It doesn't really work to let Chris sing all the hard notes though.

yes, and im really interested in knowing if he took singing lessons.

If there is ever a "ask a question" thing again we need to ask this.

Noooo we need to ask important stuff like if Dom would like to be a leopard and what the Second Law means.

It doesn't sound like it :erm: On SS he's practically inaudible he goes so low :LOL:

He's practically inaudible because he forces his way down there and can barely hit it, not because it's so low it's barely audible or anything like that.

And he was around 19 at the time...He goes down to G#2 in Follow Me, and down to a pretty easy(and much stronger) A2 live on Madness, which is the same note as the lowest in Spiral Static.

Archived