Matt Bellamy's voice has never been better

JoshXR

He's a vocal chameleon! :LOL:
Am amazed at how versatile he's becoming :o

And listening to Chris' songs only makes me appreciate Matt's vocals more. It's not that there's anything wrong with how Chis sings - it's just that there's something about Matt's voice that does it for me :happy:

So does he hit his highest and lowest notes in this album?

Nah. Lowest on Execution Commentary. But if that doesn't count, then at least his lowest.

This album has his highest chest note in studio, shared with OoS and TR. But he goes higher live. And he goes higher in falsetto in OoS.

But it's the album that covers the most range.

He's practically inaudible because he forces his way down there and can barely hit it, not because it's so low it's barely audible or anything like that.

And he was around 19 at the time...He goes down to G#2 in Follow Me, and down to a pretty easy(and much stronger) A2 live on Madness, which is the same note as the lowest in Spiral Static.

On a technical level, he's probably done lower than Spiral Static, it just sounds like the lowest cos of the way his voice drops to near silence :LOL:

Am amazed at how versatile he's becoming :o

And listening to Chris' songs only makes me appreciate Matt's vocals more. It's not that there's anything wrong with how Chis sings - it's just that there's something about Matt's voice that does it for me :happy:

I'm kinda dreading the songs where Chris sings lead vocals. I've never wanted anyone but Matt to sing lead vocals on a Muse song. Matt's voice is at least 50% of Muse's appeal, to me.

Yes, I should just listen to the damn album already.

Nah. Lowest on Execution Commentary. But if that doesn't count, then at least his lowest.

This album has his highest chest note in studio, shared with OoS and TR. But he goes higher live. And he goes higher in falsetto in OoS.

His chest notes definitely sound the best on The 2nd Law. Smooth and powerful!

It's weird, cos again Showbiz sounds much higher than the highest note on T2L. And the live Hullabaloo version is just piercing! Maybe it's the way he's singing the notes that makes a difference.

On a technical level, he's probably done lower than Spiral Static, it just sounds like the lowest cos of the way his voice drops to near silence :LOL:
Technical level is the ONLY way to judge how low or high someone goes :p

I'd say the lowest notes are usually the ones that sound the darkest. Matt has some pretty dark third octaves notes that sound really deep.

It's weird, cos again Showbiz sounds much higher than the highest note on T2L. And the live Hullabaloo version is just piercing! Maybe it's the way he's singing the notes that makes a difference.

Yeah, I know. It depends on a lot of things. I couldn't believe that the ending notes of Madness were really Bb4s, same note as the top notes in Futurism. They just sounded so easy.

And his operatic G#5 at the end of Survival also sounds much lower. But he hits the same note in a piercing falsetto during the riffing just before that, check it out(it's barely audible unless you really pay attention)

That's because he's got lots of effects on his voice on Showbiz creating overtones making it sound higher than it really is.

I thought he did. I've been corrected.

Yeah but I can barely understand the sentence :LOL: You mean you thought he hit the top of his falsetto range?

C6 ("Agitated" live, "Hyper Music" live)

B5 ("Time Is Running Out" live)

B♭5 ("Muscle Museum" live)

A5 ("Hyper Music", "Showbiz" live, "Survival" live)

G♯5 ("Survival", "Showbiz", "Micro Cuts")

G5 ("Knights of Cydonia", "Uprising", "Megalomania", "Big Freeze", "Supremacy")

F♯5 ("Plug In Baby", "United States Of Eurasia")

F5 ("Madness", "Explorers")

E5 ("Shrinking Universe", "Knights of Cydonia", "Time Is Running Out")

B4 ("Uprising" live, "New Born" live, "Survival" live)

B♭4 ("Madness", "Survival", "Feeling Good", "Unnatural Selection", "Futurism", "United States of Eurasia", "Crazy Days", "Follow Me", "Explorers", "Big Freeze")

A4 ("Prague", "House of the Rising Sun", "Sing for Absolution", "City of Delusion", "Hyper Music", "Unsustainable", "Stockholm Syndrome", "Exo-Politics", "Panic Station")

G♯4 ("Showbiz", "Cross-Pollination", "Redemption", "Ruled By Secrecy", "Follow Me")

G4 ("Plug In Baby", "Uprising", "Resistance", "Undisclosed Desires", "Take a Bow", "Map of the Problematique")

F♯2 ("Execution Commentary")

G♯2 ("Follow Me")

A2 ("Spiral Static", "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", "MK Ultra", "Madness" live)

B♭2 ("Madness", "Undisclosed Desires", "Survival", "United States of Eurasia")

B2 ("Knights of Cydonia", "Rain")

C3 ("Uprising", "Plug In Baby")

There you go

Are you all being serious? His vocals are one of the things I've disliked most about this album. They are more histrionic, overly-dramatic, and operatic (not in a good way) than ever before. They're almost laugh-worthy in some places.

Listen to the first notes he sings on "Follow Me" and try to imagine him singing like that on OOS or Absolution. You can't, and that's one of the reasons those albums are better than this one.

Seriously guys?

Edit: confusing typo

Are you all being serious? His vocals are one of the things I've disliked most about this album. They are more histrionic, overly-dramatic, and operatic (not in a good way) than ever before. They're almost laugh-worthy in some places.

Listen to the first notes he sings on "Follow Me" and try to imagine him singing like that on OOS or Absolution. You can't, and that's one of the reasons this album is better than those.

Seriously guys?

What's your point? :erm:

Listen to the first notes he sings on "Follow Me" and try to imagine him singing like that on OOS or Absolution. You can't, and that's one of the reasons this album is better than those.

His voice has changed since then. Just because something wouldn't happen in OoS or Abso it doesn't mean that it's automatically bad. :rolleyes:

Archived