Matt Bellamy's voice has never been better

JoshXR

His voice is better but he's gone back to doing the whiny stuff he did in Showbiz which annoys me. I think his voice in Uprising was the best, that song is just how I wish Matt would keep it.

I respect your opinion, even if it is wrong :D

I think that since Matt has had the best part of a year away from singing that has helped him relax and heal his throat, he may well have had vocal training to keep it in a good way, as well as drinking red wine (which helps).

Supremacy is a great opener and shows off his high end notes

Showbiz and BHAR were terrible vocal points in his career. OoS had some highs and lows, the vocals for Plug-In Baby were particularly poor but the immense instrumentals making up for that, Megalomania being one of the best vocally in my opinion.

Yes they are better now. Can't say I heard him straining like fuck or being really whiny at any point.

Showbiz and BHAR were terrible vocal points in his career. OoS had some highs and lows, the vocals for Plug-In Baby were particularly poor but the immense instrumentals making up for that, Megalomania being one of the best vocally in my opinion.

Yes they are better now. Can't say I heard him straining like fuck or being really whiny at any point.

Pretty much this.

Having finally heard the two songs where Chris sings, I have to say you dreading those songs is well -founded. Not that Chris is terrible or anything, but he's not as interesting a singer as Matt, and his voice on lead vocals doesn't sound anything like Muse to me.

I have to say that I think Matt is the stronger vocalist, although the songs by Chris are nice, I hope that Matt continues to do most (if not all) of the songs.

Apparently in one interview (I haven't seen it myself, a German interview apparently) it has been said that Chris wrote songs this time as Matt was too busy to write songs after having a child and didn't have enough material. That is a bit concerning.

I don't know quite how that makes sense, being that Chris has six children, but I suppose Matt still did the bulk of the work.

As for the "offending" lyric. I think it refers to cultural influences born from the neoliberal ideology intruding on all areas of our lives. Thus children are brought up with the idea that the most important thing in life is to succeed in the market place, and anyone who doesn't deserves their own fate. I'm not saying that is factual, but thinking in generalistic terms, it's a future possibility I suppose.

I don't see how the HAARP era is really any more nasally than Showbiz or OoS. Matt had a ton of energy back then but his voice, IMO, has gotten more refined, full, and distinctive each album...except maybe on the Resistance, felt like he was holding back a little on that one.

I don't see how the HAARP era is really any more nasally than Showbiz or OoS. Matt had a ton of energy back then but his voice, IMO, has gotten more refined, full, and distinctive each album...except maybe on the Resistance, felt like he was holding back a little on that one.

Not really, some of the tracks in TR have impressive vocals from Matt. He was definitely not "holding back" or anything.

EDIT: Oh and I don't really know about Matt's vocals throughout the whole BHaR era, but in the H.A.A.R.P. DVD he definitely sounds nasal and "bad" to me. Not as bad as during the Showbiz era, though.

"Embedded spies, brainwashing our

Children to be mean."

I thought (and now hope) that it was "brainwashing our children tuning in"

Lyrics sounding non cheesy (for Matt) to me. Which ones are you alluding to?

I actually had to stop and think for a minute before remembering that this album has Survival on it.

Archived