The more I listen to it the more I love everything that's in there, it's just that solo that never appears that bugs me.

If nothing else though, Chris is showing himself to be a promising songwriter. He'll only get better with more time.

I mean if this is his Showbiz, let's just wait for his OoS! :LOL:

Guest bellamylookalike

Was pretty good. More Chris screams would have been good yeah. Chris did the screams on Hyper Music and Deadstar right? Would be good to see the opposite some day, Chris lead vocals with backing vocals by bellamy. I like their joint vocals on the live Follow Me.

chris will never become such a good songwriter as matt is

no, but the songs from chris are shit. they go nowhere. no structure. just boring

GET OUT! :fear::fear::fear:

Seriously...

How can you say he'll never be a good songwriter if he never gets practice at it? Also, these songs have structure and are anything but boring. You want boring, listen to Explorers and Big Freeze.

This isn't directed at you personally, but I get the feeling that if we never knew Chris wrote these songs and Matt had sung them, people would be gushing all over them. It's just because it's someone different than "precious Matt" doing something in Muse, people are treating it like it's the damn plague and the end of the world.

/rant

I don't know, to me, the songs sound like Muse just fine. It's Muse with different vocals, yes, but musically (which is what matters) it's Muse. It's ballad Muse and rock Muse.

A+

How can you say he'll never be a good songwriter if he never gets practice at it? Also, these songs have structure and are anything but boring. You want boring, listen to Explorers and Big Freeze.

This isn't directed at you personally, but I get the feeling that if we never knew Chris wrote these songs and Matt had sung them, people would be gushing all over them. It's just because it's someone different than "precious Matt" doing something in Muse, people are treating it like it's the damn plague and the end of the world.

/rant

:LOL:

The last part is totally true for Matt's fangirls.

Explorers and Big Freeze are quite boring IMO. But different strokes for different folks.

this

chris will never become such a good songwriter as matt is

Matt has had his glory moments songwriting wise, but essentially he's never been a good songwriter, in my opinion.

I understand this may be the case for some fans, whatever, but I honestly think these two songs don't belong in a Muse album. They're not bad songs at all, see, like I said, Liquid State is fantastic, but it sounds like solo project material. Even if Matt sang them, they would still have a solo project/collaboration vibe to me. I listen to the whole album and when it gets to Chris' songs it feels like my Muse playlist is being interrupted and then comes back to normal. It's just weird.

Archived