The Pendulum comparison was something I thought of pretty quickly too. Anyway, yeah, I like the instrumental and the chorus is good. But like other people have said, as with Save Me it could do with something a bit different. Especially at the end, it really sounded like it deserved to go out in a massive way and then... it didn't. Kinda like Animals in that respect.

Poor Matt. This was supposed to be his chance to feel free to do what he wants and rock out without having to think about getting back to the mic in time.

And then there's nothing for him to do.

I was looking forward to that being a possibility. :(

Maybe live?

ooooh I'm expecting some MASSIVE riffage after this song. this, and Animals.

Poor Matt. This was supposed to be his chance to feel free to do what he wants and rock out without having to think about getting back to the mic in time.

And then there's nothing for him to do.

This pissed me off. I mean, Chris said that it was a great opportunity for Matt to do some more complex guitar work on the tracks and then you can barely even hear him? I mean,come on. It seems to me like a friendly backing off , like let's let him try rather than making the songs the equal part of the album and their catalogue. This goes for Liquid State more so than Save Me btw.

I agree it should have more of Matt's guitar work, but I'm sure he'll throw in some guitar solos live. They mentioned he wanted to potter around on stage without having to worry about singing.

Besides, maybe Matt wanted his part to be understated to give Chris the lead in vocals and instruments. It's probably the only Muse song ever where Matt's completely in the back seat (live jams don't count :p) - I can't see how it's wrong to have ONE song out of their giant back catalogue that's not dominated by Matt.

They tried something different: I doubt it's the start of a changeover in 'titles' - Matt's still the frontman, they just shook it up for once. The song itself doesn't sound typically their style, but it still really works, imo. It's heavy, beefy, more 'contemporary rock' - and comparing it to Foos and QOTSA is hardly a bad thing, imo - they're both great rock bands. I think it's fucking ace and I'm surprised people haven't really warmed to it. Ironically, for fans of a band that's constantly changing, people don't seem to like a big change like this :p

Archived