This pissed me off. I mean, Chris said that it was a great opportunity for Matt to do some more complex guitar work on the tracks and then you can barely even hear him? I mean,come on. It seems to me like a friendly backing off , like let's let him try rather than making the songs the equal part of the album and their catalogue. This goes for Liquid State more so than Save Me btw.

Matt also said he would make more effort with guitar solo's in the album and they're all very poor and very very basic.

10 songs into the album, I thought there would be no heavy tracks. Then Track 11 comes up and BOOM! Pregnant! :LOL:

My immediate thought was "oh hai old school Foo Fighters!", and that's a very good thing. I love this song to bits! If it makes it as a live track all the way to the western US, it will be BEASTLY live, like poor forgotten Unnatural Selection, a song that people thought was "meh" until their brains exploded from the live version.

I for one, will welcome our new songwriting overlord.

I hope they add some killer outro/riffage/random solo of doom to the track for the gigs, but either way I'll be enjoying every second of it if I hear it live.

:dance::awesome::happy::\mm/:

Yeah he'll probably do some improv live, but I doubt the track will be played much.

I think this song has more of a chance of becoming a regular than Save Me does.

We'll just have to see how the tour progresses.

In other news, I've figured out what the bass tone on this song reminds me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S002MadnlQs

I quite like this sing, the chorus is nice, Chris shows off his vocal ability a bit more here than Save Me, but...where is the guitar? Maybe it's just the stream I have but to me it sounds barely audible which is doubly sad as we were all expecting Matt to get some space to do something awesome without having to do vocals.

I think back to things like Osaka jam and Helsinki jam and Drum and Bass and I think, why not that!? Osaka jam was legendary and we've been waiting since BHaR for a studio version although those hopes are mostly dead now. Makes me wonder what else Chris had lying around.

Lyrics

Take me for a ride

Break me up and steal what's left inside

And hope and pray inequity has died inside and left a scar.

I'm on red alert

Bring me peace and wash away my dirt

Spin me 'round and help me to divert and walk into the light

Warm my heart tonight

Hold my head up high

Help me to survive

Kick me when I'm down

Feed me poison, fill me 'til I drown

Wake me up before I get pushed out and fall into the night

Warm my heart tonight (force me to lose control)

And hold my head up high (watch as I lose my soul)

And help me to survive (push me until I fall)

I quite like this sing, the chorus is nice, Chris shows off his vocal ability a bit more here than Save Me, but...where is the guitar? Maybe it's just the stream I have but to me it sounds barely audible which is doubly sad as we were all expecting Matt to get some space to do something awesome without having to do vocals.

I think back to things like Osaka jam and Helsinki jam and Drum and Bass and I think, why not that!? Osaka jam was legendary and we've been waiting since BHaR for a studio version although those hopes are mostly dead now. Makes me wonder what else Chris had lying around.

It's not that audible because it's a very low riff, and this song has bass more prominent. Definitely a 7-string was used here

Lyrics

Take me for a ride

Break me up and steal what's left inside

And hope and pray inequity has died inside and left a scar.

I'm on red alert

Bring me peace and wash away my dirt

Spin me 'round and help me to divert and walk into the light

Warm my heart tonight

Hold my head up high

Help me to survive

Kick me when I'm down

Feed me poison, fill me 'til I drown

Wake me up before I get pushed out and fall into the night

Warm my heart tonight (force me to lose control)

And hold my head up high (watch as I lose my soul)

And help me to survive (push me until I fall)

Matt wrote the backing vocals on the last chorus :LOL:

It's a song that wants to be thrash metal or something similar but just doesn't make it and the guitar in the song generally isn't very interesting. It also sounds like a tame version of Bridge Burning by the Foo Fighters.

And then the Rob Swire vocals, hit or a miss really.

on save me there definatly is some sort of effect used, on liquid state im unsure, need to listen to it again, but i think there is one(or more) as well, nothing bad about it though, music critics are just without purpose so they must make themselves look like they say something

Archived