Surely you mean the second one? The first Crysis was actually trying to do something original and interesting (and with awesome graphics). Not really succeeding in it, but not really completely failing in it either. The second Crysis, however, was an utterly forgettable and generic first person shooter (with much worse graphics than the first one).

/off-topic, sorry

I played the first one, and aside from the graphics and environments, it felt like any other shooter. It could have had better storytelling and could have done so much more to go along with the nice packaging. I'm more interested in the story and gameplay than how a game looks, and that was the game's sole selling point in my opinion.

I played the first one, and aside from the graphics and environments, it felt like any other shooter. It could have had better storytelling and could have done so much more to go along with the nice packaging. I'm more interested in the story and gameplay than how a game looks, and that was the game's sole selling point in my opinion.

Well yeah, aside from the cool features of the nanosuit, Crysis never was really that interesting as a game. But still I think it's miles better than Crysis 2. I was actually hoping the second one would be similar to the first one, just with better gameplay and better story, but noooooooo, of course they had to turn it into a boring, generic shooter. They even minimalized the nanosuit features, which were basically the reason why I even liked Crysis in the first place. And of course they also completely took away the open world feel of the first Crysis.

EDIT: Fabri, I guess Crysis 2 had okay graphics, but when compared to the first one...

But yeah, off-topic.

That LS edit in the video is actually very good imo.

[spoiler=Real life vs Crysis 1]31c.jpg

Crysis 1 is still one of the most realistic looking games I've ever played.

Crysis 2 suffers from some low-res textures (mostly fixed with the texture pack, though) and the high use of bloom just makes the whole thing look quite plastic to me. The physics are much worse than in the first Crysis, too. Also the environment is not 100% real-time anymore, which is one of the main things why the first Crysis looks and feels so real at times.

In other words, graphics and the feel of the environment went majorly downhill in Crysis 2, mostly because it was made with consoles in mind.

/sorrymajorofftopicwillstopnow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived