It should be Matt doing the vocals on this one

I actually thought about this on the way home (whilst listening to it) and I actually disagree - on its own, Chris's vocals actually suit the song quite well. Matt's vocals would just be a bit too powerful for it.

This one's really grown on me, I was quite dissapointed the first few times I heard it, probably because it ends so abruptly...quite a big fan of it now though! Chris sounds great, and dat bassline :D

I really hope it doesn't turn out to be the Assassin/MK Ultra of the album and barely gets a look in live, can see it being massive in an arena setting!

I don't think it would need Matt to improve it. I'd say just less processed vocals for Chris, some more variation between verses and choruses, and more dynamic and maybe different drums. Although I've been pretty disappointed with the drum work throughout most of the album.

just wondering why everyone keeps comparing this song to foo fighters? they're my favourite band, and i struggle to find any similarities to this and their songs

I don't think it sounds anything like The Foos either. It's got a massive QOTSA vibe though.

Archived