What if you're into both?

Then be into both. ;) They don't always = each other. I'm not saying that I think that people who love Muse's more cheesy, "inspirational" songs are shallow. I just think they love cheese. :LOL:

Please stop talking about Radiohead, unless you like showing off your lack of musical literacy.

Oh, please. Get your head out of your ass.

Radiohead was an entirely different band after OK Computer. Nothing wrong with that! But if you honestly don't hear a difference, then you're deaf. I'm not a fan of jam bands. I like songs that have a definitive theme, both musically and lyrically. Songs that GO somewhere. -- That act as a musical paragraph -- a statement or conversation have you. Jams reflect a mood.They don't make a statement. I'm probably horrible at putting this concept into words. Radiohead became a vague band musically and lyrically after OK Computer. If you like it -- great. I'm not going to insult you. But you have to acknowledge that there was a drastic change after those early albums.

Then be into both. ;) They don't always = each other. I'm not saying that I think that people who love Muse's more cheesy, "inspirational" songs are shallow. I just think they love cheese. :LOL:

Oh, please. Get your head out of your ass.

Radiohead was an entirely different band after OK Computer. Nothing wrong with that! But if you honestly don't hear a difference, then you're deaf. I'm not a fan of jam bands. I like songs that have a definitive theme, both musically and lyrically. Songs that GO somewhere. -- That act as a musical paragraph -- a statement or conversation have you. Jams reflect a mood.They don't make a statement. I'm probably horrible at putting this concept into words. Radiohead became a vague band musically and lyrically after OK Computer. If you like it -- great. I'm not going to insult you. But you have to acknowledge that there was a drastic change after those early albums.

Do you know what a jam band is? Because if your definition of a jam band is as bad as your definition of a duet then that would explain alot.

Do you know what a jam band is? Because if your definition of a jam band is as bad as your definition of a duet then that would explain alot.

Well, from what I remember, you seem to think that a duet is any song where more than one person is singing. :LOL:

What's YOUR idea of a Jam Band?

Well, from what I remember, you seem to think that a duet is any song where more than one person is singing. :LOL:

What's YOUR idea of a Jam Band?

Ya that wasn't what I said. You said a song in which one person sings the verse and the other the chorus isn't a duet.

My idea of a jam band is irrelevant. I do however know that Radiohead are not jam band.

Ya that wasn't what I said. You said a song in which one person sings the verse and the other the chorus isn't a duet.

If the verse and chorus work off each other as part of a musical conversation, than yes, a verse/chorus vocal trade off could be considered a duet. But you tried to claim that Hyper Music performed at Reading was a legitimate duet because Chris sang the chorus. :LOL:

My idea of a jam band is irrelevant. I do however know that Radiohead are not jam band.

Okay, so Radiohead isn't likely making it up as they go along. BUT - the fact that they likely aren't is even scarier! There's very little actual progression with their songs now. There's no build-up -- emotionally or musically. It's the compete opposite of what they were in the earlier days, where songs would build in a stealth sort of manner until they would explode.

If the verse and chorus work off each other as part of a musical conversation, than yes, a verse/chorus vocal trade off could be considered a duet. But you tried to claim that Hyper Music performed at Reading was a legitimate duet because Chris sang the chorus. :LOL:

Why are you laughing? You're wrong. I'm afraid you might be taking yourself seriously.

Okay, so Radiohead isn't likely making it up as they go along. BUT - the fact that they likely aren't is even scarier!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

So now their problem is that they aren't like a jam band?

Oh Judy you crazy.

Why are you laughing? You're wrong. I'm afraid you might be taking yourself seriously.

I think you're the one who takes yourself too seriously. It's as if you need to have a black or white definition concerning a subject that itself is an art form. In art, all definitions are going to be blurred. All rules are going to be broken in art.

And you calling me by my real name is awkward. Because I've never had a personal conversation with you. I don't even know if your real name is James. I'm not offended. I'm just wondering where you think it's okay to take that liberty?

I think you're the one who takes yourself too seriously. It's as if you need to have a black or white definition concerning a subject that itself is an art form. In art, all definitions are going to be blurred. All rules are going to be broken in art.

It's as if you have this compulsive need to be wrong. It was a duet.

And you calling me by my real name is awkward. Because I've never had a personal conversation with you. I don't even know if your real name is James. I'm not offended. I'm just wondering where you think it's okay to take that liberty?

I took the liberty of calling you by your name? :unsure:

In a previous argument of yours someone referred to you as Judy and I figured saying "Judy you crazy" had a better ring to it than jdeboer01 you crazy.

It's as if you have this compulsive need to be wrong. It was a duet.

No. YOU are wrong.

I took the liberty of calling you by your name? :unsure:

In a previous argument of yours someone referred to you as Judy and I figured saying "Judy you crazy" had a better ring to it than jdeboer01 you crazy.

A better ring? That's lame.

The only people on this board who have ever referred to me by my real name are people with whom I have also exchanged private messages. And likewise -- I have never used anyone's assumed real name in my posts unless I know they wouldn't be offended. I'm not the 'easily offended' type. And I love good verbal joust. But unless you disarm yourself by privately conversing with me, why should I feel comfortable with the way you've addressed me? :noey:

No. YOU are wrong.

I am defeated. Jdeboer01 you are truly a master of the dialectic.

A better ring? That's lame.

The only people on this board who have ever referred to me by my real name are people with whom I have also exchanged private messages. And likewise -- I have never used anyone's assumed real name in my posts unless I know they wouldn't be offended. I'm not the 'easily offended' type. And I love good verbal joust. But unless you disarm yourself by privately conversing with me, why should I feel comfortable with the way you've addressed me? :noey:

Clearly you are the easily offended type.

On every topic ever.

Way to stick up for yourself because no one else ever will.

I am defeated. Jdeboer01 you are truly a master of the dialectic.

Look JAMES, when you can provide a clear, professional analysis as to how Hyper Music, performed with Chris singing the chorus, qualifies as a "duet" , I'll give you the win.

Clearly you are the easily offended type.

I'm highly offended at your claim that I'm the easily offended type. :chuckle:

Look JAMES, when you can provide a clear, professional analysis as to how Hyper Music, performed with Chris singing the chorus, qualifies as a "duet" , I'll give you the win.

Duet: "A composition for two voices [...] A group of two singers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGTecAt1Cm4

Notice how during the verses Matthew Bellamy is singing. Then during the chorus there is a switch. It's really subtle but pay real close attention and you will notice that Christopher Wolstenholme starts singing.

Archived