Am I right in thinking the Rising Sun flag is offensive in the same way that the Nazi symbol is?

And regarding the video. Probably the best 5 minutes of my life.

Judging by the comments and a quick Google search, it is in certain places in Asia (China, Korea). Can't be too hard to edit though can it... ?

Love the video but that flag placing is a bit... unfortunate.

Judging by the comments and a quick Google search, it is in certain places in Asia (China, Korea). Can't be too hard to edit though can it... ?

Love the video but that flag placing is a bit... unfortunate.

Honestly, I hate political correctness or whatever, but they really should have considered it a little more. Even I would have had a hunch it may cause controversy, and my history sucks.

As much as I think they should've checked the background of that flag, am I the only one who thinks the reactions of some of the comments are bit much? Maybe it's the perspective of living in a country that's never had something like that.

Honestly, I hate political correctness or whatever, but they really should have considered it a little more. Even I would have had a hunch it may cause controversy, and my history sucks.

Tbh it's a strange one as Japan's Army still uses it as their logo. Which I can't imagine the rest of Asia really liking...

It's unfortunate but yeah, I can see why it's offensive and it should really be edited.

This was all kinds of wtf and awesome :D I can honestly say I was laughing continuously through it! I lost it at the robot mermaid bouncing boobs :LOL:

Changing the flag in the video can't be too hard but they ought to have done their research, it seems to be something so instantly recognizable... I hope noone's opinion about the band changes because of this.

As much as I think they should've checked the background of that flag, am I the only one who thinks the reactions of some of the comments are bit much?

I was thinking the same! Some people are convinced that there are political intentions/propaganda behind the flag's appearance...I really really doubt that, it's just a mistake that seems to start blowing out of proportion.

Yeah well I've only seen it used in COD so I thought it was the Japan/Nazi era war symbol but never really knew until tonight.

But a lot of Koreans have taken it personally so they need to release a statement and a goodie to make up for it to these people imo

Does someone know another site/link with the video?

The youtube video is blocked in my country.

Coun't find any reuploads :(

It's on the muse.mu site, although I'm not sure if its hosted by YouTube there, give it a try if you haven't already :)

Is the twitter session over now?

Thanks but that's just the embedded youtube video.

Damn really want to see this, at least it seems to be awesome.

Guess i just have to wait a few more hours...

Well this must suck :( stupid youtube

If it makes you feel better be assured that the wait will be worth it :D

EDIT: Glad I was able to help after all :D

As much as I think they should've checked the background of that flag, am I the only one who thinks the reactions of some of the comments are bit much? Maybe it's the perspective of living in a country that's never had something like that.

Yeah really, it's not like they meant to piss of entire countries; they're just ignorant. I sure as hell didn't know. The hostility is a bit much.

As a general rule I don't take a single thing people write on YouTube comments seriously; the things I've read there :noey:

And tbh I really don't know enough about Asian history to have noticed the mistake they made with the flag. But if it connects to WW2 war crimes in the mind of that many people, like the Swastika does in Europe, it has to go. Fast.

Should the director have known about it? No idea. Maybe music videos need a "proof-watcher" these days so political contoversies like this one can be avoided...

Maybe music videos need a "proof-watcher" these days so political contoversies like this one can be avoided...

No, you need one from every group that could possibly be affected by anything in the video. You'd never get anything published because somewhere there'd always be someone disagreeing with something. :rolleyes:

(if the flag is so bad, yeah take it out, end the shitstorm. If it's really that bad and still being used for Japanese army, either they're insensitive, or I dunno, but certainly it doesn't help point out to strangers that it could be a problem! :rolleyes:)

Archived