These past few weeks my distaste for the word "raw" has grown to the point where I now cringe and get slightly angry every time I see it mentioned in relation to music.

I love raw music and all raw forms of appropriate musical rawness.

Follow Me is becoming one of my favourites. Of course it's about Matt singing to his baby, but listening to it can actually be quite comforting. :LOL: Particularly when feeling ill I found yesterday. Muse can be my holy shroud. :LOL: Take away my stress and worries. :happy:

I now like how Matt's voice is deep at the beginning. I found it a bit strange at first.

Despite the lyrics being quite sad it's remarkably feel good.

It's surely intended that you'd only know it's to his son if you followed the band or read/heard an interview.

Also, why it would make an appealing radio single - it can sort of be applied to anything, and can have that sort of comforting vibe to anyone.

Knowing what it's about just makes it that much better, to me.

Besides just absolutely giving me the warm fuzzies, it DOES lyrically fit into the album theme, as well.

In a world that's going to shit, and contains people who would beat their kids half to death and glue their hands to a wall, and all the other daily horrors you hear about...

Having a song that is SO positive (it is, even if it's dark at the beginning) and protective is sort of a "revolution" of it's own.

Shit, maybe the world would be a little better if more people cared even a fraction of that much about their kids...

It also conflicts very strongly with the lyrics of Survival. :LOL:

It's surely intended that you'd only know it's to his son if you followed the band or read/heard an interview.

Also, why it would make an appealing radio single - it can sort of be applied to anything, and can have that sort of comforting vibe to anyone.

Knowing what it's about just makes it that much better, to me.

Besides just absolutely giving me the warm fuzzies, it DOES lyrically fit into the album theme, as well.

In a world that's going to shit, and contains people who would beat their kids half to death and glue their hands to a wall, and all the other daily horrors you hear about...

Having a song that is SO positive (it is, even if it's dark at the beginning) and protective is sort of a "revolution" of it's own.

Shit, maybe the world would be a little better if more people cared even a fraction of that much about their kids...

It also conflicts very strongly with the lyrics of Survival. :LOL:

Apart from your last statement which I think is theoretically debatable (haven't you heard of "the selfish gene"?) and needs more thought on my part, I think there is sense in what you say here. :happy:

Though I think the majority of people DO care about their kids, there is definitely not enough emphasis put on it's importance.

It does fit into the theme in more ways than one, because in this world where we're all supposed to be competing with each other to improve the economy, who is carrying out the necessary caring role? And why isn't it valued? It's been forgotten. Obviously there's a history to that which I won't go into, but I think it does need emphasising, popularising (and supporting economically) before it is too late.

Btw, are we allowed to have "the warm fuzzies" on this board? :chuckle::happy:

Not sure how I feel about this yet. Matt's crescendo at the end's a little too Bono. Though, that said, at least it ain't Leto-on-Hurricane-pretending-to-be-Bono. The dubstep stuff's fairly ordinary but nicely handled. I'd say it's basically the Starlight of the album- not the most exciting track by some way, but an ace pop song.

I don't think it helps that the heartbeat always makes my inner metalhead think he's about to hear "Refuse/Resist" by Sepultura.

I've had to downgrade my rating of this song from 10/10 to 9/10.

Matt's vocal in the first 30 seconds is just too annoying and overly theatrical. The way he sings it live is so much better.

The rest is probably the hardest hitting slice of epic pop brilliance Muse have ever produced.

I've had to downgrade my rating of this song from 10/10 to 9/10.

Matt's vocal in the first 30 seconds is just too annoying and overly theatrical. The way he sings it live is so much better.

The rest is probably the hardest hitting slice of epic pop brilliance Muse have ever produced.

I find the album version a bit under whelming. The live version sounds awesome though.

I find the album version a bit under whelming. The live version sounds awesome though.

Other way for me - I find the drop on the live version lacks punch. I think it's just because it's difficult to recreate the clarity of the studio version live. I would imagine it kicks ass if you're actually there though feeling the bass throb, etc.

Matt's guitar needs to be louder on the live versions too.

Archived