They (he) definitely edited the original songs with software, you can hear the rest in background.

He did a good job though :yesey:

My guess is taking the instrumental and original tracks and inverting the phase of one. Would explain why some of the songs have loud parts still in the song, since the instrumentals aren't encoded exactly the same as the original tracks and therefore make it imperfect.

Minimal guitar :phu:

Air guitar :chuckle:

Don't even need to look back a page to see what you two are on about.

It's quite easy to play some acoustic style chords whilst singing this song, it would make it fuller imo. (when Matt's playing live I mean)

In other news.

I think this sounds a little like Follow Me:

Why's he not playing guitar there?

Since the proper tour started, he stopped using guitar in Follow Me and keytar in UD. He now uses a portable mic and goes around the stage/shakes hands with fans at the barrier

Also, the guitar in this song was basically useless

It was audible for like 20 seconds. If no guitar means Matt having more fun singing it, which means better vocal performances, I'm all for it.

I don't really have a problem with him not using it, but it just added something nice mix-wise that I thought was missing from the studio version.

I don't really have a problem with him not using it, but it just added something nice mix-wise that I thought was missing from the studio version.

I think Dom's drum work more than makes up for anything that might be missing...he's added some extra beef in that clip from what I can tell. I'm like: :awesome:

Hell, those vocals are hard to sing. I can easily sing Matt's lowest notes, but I have lots of problems with the higher notes, so I usually transpose Muse songs a lot down, but Follow Me is getting really really damn low then, the vocal range is really impressive for one single song.

Archived