He sounds largely uninterested during the choruses.

And the way he sings "falls" in the beginning is enough to ruin it already there.

I think Matt switched the lyrics for this and Explorers (another bad song).

You used to be cool.

Uninterested? What does this even mean? :LOL:

:$

Maybe, I just don't get. :supersad:

It's a alright song. It doesn't bother me much and I don't have to skip it anymore. :awesome:

But I expect more from Muse than this.

Well it's the best electronic song they've made so far, for me. Good structure, perfectly produced (thanks Nero), huge buildup. :awesome:

Ok if you don't like it (:noey:), but how can you say that Matt's vocals in the chorus have no power?

He's just not feeling it, and as it seems to be the case with all songs of this type, the vocals and the backing music are completely separated.

The verse melody is amazing, it's very Musey, synths remind me of that instrumental leak thing a few months ago (can't find it) with the synthesized arpeggios.

Indeed, the some parts are quite nice.

Probably the last person to know, but I wasn't aware ickle Bing had health problems when he was born and Matt wrote Follow Me with that in mind especially :( Makes it all the more poignant. The heartbeat at the beginning always surprises me: I never see it coming, lol.

'The first month of his [bing's] life was a little bit scary. He had a little health issue and that song was written about that process. That moment of feeling a combination of helplessness but wanting to give protection.'

Probably the last person to know, but I wasn't aware ickle Bing had health problems when he was born and Matt wrote Follow Me with that in mind especially :( Makes it all the more poignant. The heartbeat at the beginning always surprises me: I never see it coming, lol.

I didn't know that actually, it makes the song a bit more sad when I listen to it now :(

Awww.:( I had wondered. It sounds like he's fine now thankfully. It does make the lyrics make more sense, and yes, you are right adds to the poignancy. Which interview was that from?

Matt also said in an interview that Follow Me is going to be the next single.

PS Why does that quote say "originally posted by Matt"? :erm:

Song sounds like a crappy remix of itself. I agree he has no power in his vocals in the chorus. The way he says "Follow Meeeee" sounds so flaccid.

Worst song on the album IMO.

Big Freeze might be cheesier overall, but I actually love the last half of that song enough to make it better than Follow Me. Plus I think Big Freeze could sound AMAZING live.

Archived