This. The CD is not lossless, it'll probably be less than 320kb/s mp3.

Yeah for sure...I can definitely tell the difference between 128/160 mp3's from the old days vs 256-320...but I know I wouldnt be able to tell the difference between 320/flac and HD audio...I don't think the difference is going to be noticeable to even the snobbiest of audio snobs. They'll think they hear it...

Lol, a few misinformed people on here. 320kbps (.mp3) is not the same as FLAC, and if you have the CD, you can just rip to FLAC yourself which is lossless. The "HD audio" is just a slightly better version of this lossless format (24-bit/96kHz as opposed to 16-bit/44.1kHz). I very much doubt anyone can tell the difference between these two formats. This is not, I repeat, NOT the same as any version/bitrate of MP3. I guess mscaramelli has explained all this perfectly already.

Most media players play FLAC but if you want to play them on iTunes or on an iPod, you need to convert to ALAC (Apple's lossless codec). To play on a normal stereo/CD player, you'd need to convert to .WAV and burn to CD. Or you could just use your purchased CD.

I got an email a while ago saying my boxset was coming from Australia instead of the UK (I ordered from .mu :facepalm:) but my order on .mu says arrival is Oct 1. Release day here is friday, so I'm not sure when to get it but I really hope it comes by friday. :(

Awww, I hope you get it on friday!

Grats! :)

Did it change the order status in your .mu account? Mine still says 1 Oct... :(

Mine doesn't say anymore. It doesn't say on the UPS tracking thing either. :confused: I'll check again tonight.

Opened the front door this morning to find my "The 2nd Law" Box Set had arrived. I don't know if this has been done on purpose - but when you press your hand onto it it keeps an image of your hand - cool!

CONNECTOME!

image_1348799417210425.jpg

Yep, that's the liquid crystal thermal reactive lid in action! Looks great!

Worked out why I cant track :

Registered on the forum/website with one email

ordered boxset with another.

But because i'm not registered with said email I can;t track order? Bugger :(

Where are people from who already recieved it?

Italy, I got it tuesday morning.

Archived