Well, I was unable to get up the money in time, so I guess that decided for me. :(

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to use the lossless files, or the vinyl, so I suppose it's for the best. I'd also be proper pissed if I didn't like any of the songs on the album...

I'll be sad if the DVD extras turn out to be exclusive, though.

:erm:

I'm pretty sure the boxset is still avalaible

Anyone can use them, right? You could just convert them to play in iTunes or something similar I'm assuming.

Would that lose quality? /Wait it's lossless

Oh, screw it, I don't know anything about this lossless business

Well, it depends on how you convert them. You can convert them to .WAV files, and they'll be essentially the same, just bigger. Those will play in anything totally fine. If you convert them to MP3, even 320kbps, even though there may not be a discernible difference in quality, you'll still lose some, just based on the fact that it's compressed.

Anyone can use them, right? You could just convert them to play in iTunes or something similar I'm assuming.

Would that lose quality? /Wait it's lossless

Oh, screw it, I don't know anything about this lossless business

Converting lossless files means losing quality. There are many free programs for playing .FLACs, I use Media Jukebox 14.

So wav > flac? :confused:

Well...maaaybe

I say maybe, because they're both lossless, but WAV files are larger, so I would think some more (and maybe not even audio) information is retained somewhere, that's lost in the conversion.

Aside from that - which is probably nothing, I would say they're equal.

Conversion or no, I lack a real way to play music at a quality or volume that would be noticable, at this time. Most of my music comes from my laptop, car stereo, or iPod. Not exactly the best of sound qualities. :p Maybe when I'm at home more than 15 mins intervals, I'll get a nice system. :LOL:

I know they're still available, but unless I get an unexpected windfall, I'm screwed.

Archived