After much procrastination, I finally decided to pre-order The 2nd Law CD/DVD album. I lingered for quite some time in the pre-order section of the US Music Store under the mentality that I'll eventually get it done.

I listened to the recording of the live performance of brand new songs from The 2nd Law and, in much excitement, immediately went to the US Music Store to pre-order the album. To my dismay, I couldn't find the CD/DVD album...it is available in the Canadian and Australian store, but not in the US store. I was able to pre-order it on Amazon but would much prefer to order it on muse.mu so I can receive the bonus music videos.

Does anybody know if this is a temporary error or if they have run out of the CD/DVD album pre-orders for the US? Maybe I can just pre-order it from the Canadian store instead...

After much procrastination, I finally decided to pre-order The 2nd Law CD/DVD album. I lingered for quite some time in the pre-order section of the US Music Store under the mentality that I'll eventually get it done.

I listened to the recording of the live performance of brand new songs from The 2nd Law and, in much excitement, immediately went to the US Music Store to pre-order the album. To my dismay, I couldn't find the CD/DVD album...it is available in the Canadian and Australian store, but not in the US store. I was able to pre-order it on Amazon but would much prefer to order it on muse.mu so I can receive the bonus music videos.

Does anybody know if this is a temporary error or if they have run out of the CD/DVD album pre-orders for the US? Maybe I can just pre-order it from the Canadian store instead...

Do you receive an error message when you order it? Also, we did receive a notice that it is close to selling out. So there is a possibility that it did.

What's the simplest way to get the files on iTunes? Do you need an external program to convert FLAC to Apple lossless?

This (to a certain degree).

What's the best way to get the album onto onto an iPod and still retain the flac quality?

Am I better of listening to T2L through my laptop with a flac program?

This boxed set isnt as enticing as the last. Limited to 5000 was cool. The USB stick was cool. The 5.1 version was cool. Just seemed like you got stuff worth paying 90 dollars more for and most importantly, it was pretty limited.

This time it seems to be unlimited production and nothing that cool inside...I'm not impressed...let's break this down

This is everything the box set includes for $93.50:

CD version - $13.99

The 2nd Law: Isolated System video - Included with CD - $0.00

Unsustainable exclusive video - Included with CD - $0.00

2 LP Vinyl - $25.99

HD Digital Album Download - This is pretty much FREE, just rip your CD - $0.00

Total Retail Cost from their store for this portion of the set: $39.98

This is all you get for an extra $53.52....

3 exclusive 12” art prints - The artwork isn't even that cool...its kinda cheesy....

Liquid Crystal Thermal Reactive Lid - ....ok...

DVD Version of the album - It'll sound nice on a crazy stereo system I'm sure...but so will the CD, and you can listen to the CD without a DVD player.

Price for a DVD, and 3 pictures in a box with a heat sensitive surface....$53.52...really?

I think that the HD digital version has better quality than cd

This. The CD is not lossless, it'll probably be less than 320kb/s mp3.

This boxed set isnt as enticing as the last. Limited to 5000 was cool.

The Resistance box set is still available. What do you mean limited to 5000?

I thought CD standard was Wav. mp3 seems a bit weak.

Also there was a box set, and a limited edition box set. I forgot the differences

Hah no, the CD is not mp3. It's CD quality. Which is usually extremely good. I doubt anyone hear would be able to discern between the flacs and the CD by ear.

There was an initial limited run of 5000 - numbered, came with 5.1 audio that the unlimited production boxed set does not. It sold out fast...what I meant was THAT version, the one me and 4999 others got, was worth the price.

Hah no, the CD is not mp3. It's CD quality. Which is usually extremely good. I doubt anyone hear would be able to discern between the flacs and the CD by ear.

Yeah for sure...I can definitely tell the difference between 128/160 mp3's from the old days vs 256-320...but I know I wouldnt be able to tell the difference between 320/flac and HD audio...I don't think the difference is going to be noticeable to even the snobbiest of audio snobs. They'll think they hear it...

Archived