It's just vinyl etching - completely common and normal.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_vinyl_etching

Matrix Number/Vinyl Etchings - Matrix numbers are alphanumeric codes stamped or scrawled into the run out groove (inside rim) of a record that indicates one or several of the following: record label catalog number, mastering codes, stamper codes, name or initials of the mastering engineer, and/or ciphers indicating the pressing plant or mastering house used. Sometimes there are inscriptions or phrases (often humorous in nature) written in the run out groove. These are scribed or stamped by the mastering engineer as directed by the record label or the band.

They definitely aren't. TT of Matt, @ and the whole AIR are definitely different. The pics don't make justice because it's hard to capture it properly with the flash.

Oh sorry, I meant that my side A scribble is identical to your side A and my side D is identical to your side D.

We had our first hot day of spring here yesterday and it changed colour throughout the day - went from black/brown to green - and that was just from being inside the house! :)

They warned about that. If you keep it in direct and constant sunlight/heat it'll stop working after a while.

What are people doing with their boxsets though? Are you going to mount the vinyls and artwork?

We had our first hot day of spring here yesterday and it changed colour throughout the day - went from black/brown to green - and that was just from being inside the house! :)

:LOL: Nice!

What are people doing with their boxsets though? Are you going to mount the vinyls and artwork?

I'm going to frame the artwork, but I'm listening to the vinyls. After I play with the box for a bit, it'll go into my closet with the other boxsets that I have. :$

Got an email today about HD downloads. It just says its available monday gmt. I hope it starts at midnight 'cause thats nine or ten in the morning here, and I'll need all the time I can get.

Might even get my first listen on HD before my boxset arrives.

Also, it says HD files won't work in itunes. Any tech savvy people know if its possible to get the files on an ipod?

Edit: me and my stupid questions. :facepalm:

Got an email today about HD downloads. It just says its available monday gmt. I hope it starts at midnight 'cause thats nine or ten in the morning here, and I'll need all the time I can get.

Might even get my first listen on HD before my boxset arrives.

Also, it says HD files won't work in itunes. Any tech savvy people know if its possible to get the files on an ipod?

Edit: me and my stupid questions. :facepalm:

To make them work on iTunes/iPod you need to convert them from FLAC to ALAC. There's plenty of software which does that http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-convert-flac-to-apple-lossless-audio.html

Archived