I got also scammed by this jbeanyj guy, luckily i managed to get my money back because I paid with paypal. But now I do not have any tickets for this show and I am flying from Iceland with my friend to see the show :/ So do any of you now of any good site to buy tickets for this show since I really do not want to have to pay a tout 140£ for one ticket?

Go to Musebay on the forum

I hate to say this because I know how much we all love Muse but ticket touts are just not worth the risk. Your money's not protected, they add massive mark ups to the value and there are a lot of good fakes out there

If you can't buy tickets through one of the licensed partners such as ticket master or gigs and tours then it's not worth it

I hate to say this because I know how much we all love Muse but ticket touts are just not worth the risk. Your money's not protected, they add massive mark ups to the value and there are a lot of good fakes out there

If you can't buy tickets through one of the licensed partners such as ticket master or gigs and tours then it's not worth it

Ideally you need to buy from another fan who is known and trusted on the board as Musebay may not be free of scammers either.

As much as I hate to say it, if you are going to buy from a tout pick someone on ebay who makes their living selling tickets and has 100% feedback - they won't want to risk negative comments. Or go through the ultimate tout sites like viagogo - at least if you don't get your ticket you get your money back (although that is not really any consolation for a missed gig).

And link your paypal account to a credit or debit card and use chargeback if necessary - don't rely on the paypal compensation scheme.

Ideally you need to buy from another fan who is known and trusted on the board as Musebay may not be free of scammers either.

As much as I hate to say it, if you are going to buy from a tout pick someone on ebay who makes their living selling tickets and has 100% feedback - they won't want to risk negative comments. Or go through the ultimate tout sites like viagogo - at least if you don't get your ticket you get your money back (although that is not really any consolation for a missed gig).

And link your paypal account to a credit or debit card and use chargeback if necessary - don't rely on the paypal compensation scheme.

Trouble is with paypal if it's more than 45 days there is nothing you can do.

looks like i've got scammed too.

Shitting fuck cunt dicks

I'm so sorry Jamie, it really is a shit situation. From what I've experienced and seen over the last few weeks Musebay is the worst place to get a ticket. Makes me sad when it's supposed to be for real fans and peeps are getting scammed all over the place.:supersad:

Trouble is with paypal if it's more than 45 days there is nothing you can do.

That's why I always only buy from people who have their tickets in hand and insist on paying to be sent recorded delivery. If I don't have a tracking number within a few days then I ask for my money back from PayPal.

They had a post on Musebay which I replied to. Luckily I thought the person sounded dodgy in the emails and pulled out pronto (I should be an MI5 agent). The post is now gone which is great. So sad to hear people are scammed though. So nasty.

Good thing you posted about it in here so countless other Musers avoided being scammed by this person.

Oh wait, that DIDN'T happen...

Still, nice of you to brag about 'how smart you are' while others lose out.

Good thing you posted about it in here so countless other Musers avoided being scammed by this person.

Oh wait, that DIDN'T happen...

Still, nice of you to brag about 'how smart you are' while others lose out.

I don't respond to criticism, I rise above it.

Just seems a bit shitty that you knowingly allowed this person to scam people out of money without saying anything. Nobody is dumb enough to think that they didn't get contacted by other people who weren't as 'wily' as you considering Muse fans are generally highly naive.

But hey, you seem to have a clear conscience. Good to know you care so much about your fellow human beings.

Hej,

Since some of you already have their tickets I was wondering if you could help me out:

we got two tickets from a reseller and were wondering how genuine tickets look.

The ticket numbers check out (we called the O2 and asked) but I'm still quite nervous, especially since we're giving up our glasgow tickets for london...

Is there anything special about the tickets or are they really general O2 tickets (picture or the arena at the right with a little hologram at the top)?

PS: if anyone has a spare ticket let me know...we're still missing one :ninja:

Hej,

Since some of you already have their tickets I was wondering if you could help me out:

we got two tickets from a reseller and were wondering how genuine tickets look.

The ticket numbers check out (we called the O2 and asked) but I'm still quite nervous, especially since we're giving up our glasgow tickets for london...

Is there anything special about the tickets or are they really general O2 tickets (picture or the arena at the right with a little hologram at the top)?

PS: if anyone has a spare ticket let me know...we're still missing one :ninja:

Nothing special with these ones. You've described what should be on there.

If you paid by PayPal then you may well be covered, but for 100% certainty get in touch with PayPal for confirmation. Read their Terms and Conditions. Email the seller and politely ask for an update on the order.

All tickets for the london shows should be winging their way to everyone given that the show is almost 2 weeks away.

Sorry to hear that. Paypal has a 45 day payment protection policy so you need to go onto the site straight away and if you are still within the 45 days you need to open a dispute so that payment can refund you the money.

That's what I did. I may have taken a risk, but I red all the Terms and Conditions before paying as I wanted to be sure there's just even a little security...

Anyway, I'll contact paypal again, the 45 days are not over yet.

I got also scammed by this jbeanyj guy, luckily i managed to get my money back because I paid with paypal. But now I do not have any tickets for this show and I am flying from Iceland with my friend to see the show :/ So do any of you now of any good site to buy tickets for this show since I really do not want to have to pay a tout 140£ for one ticket?

Oh thanks, at least there's still hope.

That's what I think too. If touts can live from this money, it's only because there are some fans who are ready to pay way much more money than face value.

It's sad because even people who pretend to sell tickets at face value are scammers.

Touts make me sick but when you desperately need a ticket sometimes that is the only way to get one.

I went to Radiohead on Monday (was AMAZING!!!) and the way they did the tickets was excellent. Pretty much tout proof as you only got your ticket when you showed up at the box office with your credit card and passport.

Having said all this I did buy one of my Muse tickets from Ebay but the seller was sound as a pound and very nice fella indeed and it was delivered the very next day.

It is a pretty sickening read to see people duped by fake touts who act like they have tickets they never had.

I agree with the idea mentioned - Kasabian at Brixton used a similar method to the one described as being used at the Radiohead O2 shows and it is a great system to prevent fraud, even if it needs kinks sorting out (I saw a lot of complaints amongst Radiohead fans who couldn't go but were stuck with the tickets).

Has anyone received tickets from the 2nd pre-sale/general sale?

Yes - mine arrived today. So I daresay if it's not arrived yet it should be on the way.

How reliable is seatwave? I purchased mine sat night, no money has gone out of my account, as they dont pay the seller until its actually delivered, but its yet to be sent out and the status before I bought it was 'ticket in hand, fast delivery'... i have a bad feeling about this

How reliable is seatwave? I purchased mine sat night, no money has gone out of my account, as they dont pay the seller until its actually delivered, but its yet to be sent out and the status before I bought it was 'ticket in hand, fast delivery'... i have a bad feeling about this

I've bought tickets to three events from there in the past and always got my tickets. (although one time that was on the day before the event...) Would only use it as a last resort this time, on the grounds that touts are cunts. Prices still ridiculous.

I still don't have a ticket for this. Just to rub that in further, on Seatwave and Viagogo alone there are still 741 standing tickets for this show. Rage. :(

I've used seatwave before and it was alright (apart from the extortionate fee! on top of the extortionate ticket price...) but it totally depends on the seller, who isn't seatwave themselves, obviously. I saw something on one of the US gigs' info pages about ticketmaster's e-tickets being resellable via their systems, which seems useful.

Archived