Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?

• Yes, that is definitely dubstep
    • No way is that dubstep
    • Can't tell, all wub wub wub sounds the same
    • Radioheadlol

Oh my. A poll has been added! :3

Yes its most definitely dubstep. If you want to be anal about it, then brostep. But like I said in the other thread, brostep is just a heavy as fuck dubstep just as, say, thrash metal like Metallica is much heavier than classic/heavy metal like Iron Maiden. I dont see people arguing that Metallica isnt a metal band.

Oh wow, I thought you were joking when you first said it.

You're so lost that it's not even funny.

Yes its most definitely dubstep. If you want to be anal about it, then brostep. But like I said in the other thread, brostep is just a heavy as fuck dubstep just as, say, thrash metal like Metallica is much heavier than classic/heavy metal like Iron Maiden. I dont see people arguing that Metallica isnt a metal band.

It'd be more like comparing Black Sabbath with Iron Maiden. And heaviness is subjective; there's many other qualities that are different between the two genres.

Dubstep/House/Trance/Garage/etc all sound the same to me. It's really not my bag and I'm not exactly thrilled they're choosing to go in this direction.

Having said that, I'm not a lover of R'n'B either and yet I really like SMBH and UD.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic....

If trance and dubstep sound similar to you, I worry.

:stunned:[9]

For better or for worse, it's definitely dub-step...I don't think you can deny that

I mean, if you isolate the clip from the trailer, and play it to someone who hasn't seen it...they'd probably call it dub-step. I know my friends and I sure as hell would

That's where the argument comes in though. That most people hear anything with a heavy low end and slides and assume it's dubstep.

I mean, if you isolate the clip from the trailer, and play it to someone who hasn't seen it...they'd probably call it dub-step. I know my friends and I sure as hell would

Yeah, but just because people that it's dubstep doesn't mean it is. The same can be said for MCR being an emo band, or Biffy Clyro being indie. Neither of those are actually true, they're just based on an assumption with little evidence real to support it.

That's where the argument comes in though. That most people hear anything with a heavy low end and slides and assume it's dubstep.

Pretty much. However it's also the tempo, and those high end squeals which characterize dubstep, both of which is in the Muse trailer.

Shouldn't have expected much from Musers! :pAge Of Love is a Trance classic from 1990 and Age Of Dub is a Dubstep classic and heavily samples Age Of Love. Both are regarded as 'defining' their respective genres.

Shhh :p

I'm not exactly the most knowledgable when it comes to trance and dubstep, I just know enough tone able to point it out when I hear it and to realize that contrary to popular belief not all electronic music is at all similar.

Shhh :p

I'm not exactly the most knowledgable when it comes to trance and dubstep, I just know enough tone able to point it out when I hear it and to realize that contrary to popular belief not all electronic music is at all similar.

If people want to close themselves off from amazing music, that is their problem. Some of the most beautiful & moving music I've heard has been electronic music along with some of the nastiest and messed up.

Archived