Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?

• Yes, that is definitely dubstep
    • No way is that dubstep
    • Can't tell, all wub wub wub sounds the same
    • Radioheadlol

Ultimately it is fucking cool to see Bellamy rediscovering his love of Morello and doing what made Morello so great and that was taking a form of electronic music and trying to make it work within a rock context, hopefully creating something between the two that is a bit different & new. Last couple of albums have been devoid of originality and regardless of whether people like this, I love that it feels like they've found the creative they had back during OOS.

:yesey: Definitely loving that Muse are sticking to early influences like RAtM. It'd be cool if that consistently lasts throughout the album, but it could just be one track (a bit like UD is the only one 'of its kind' on TR) and the rest is more of the 'standard' Muse.

The new style is definitely exciting and awesome, but I'd still be happy if the next one was just heavier in general. Yeah, I should get over wanting them to make another OoS by now, but I still want something similar to that dark, creative and beefy edge they had in those songs. There've only been a few of those types of tracks from the last two albums, mixed with stuff that's been a bit too soft, imo.

Dubstep is like the metal of electronic music. the beat and everything is very similar to rock breakdowns which are very typical for Muse or RATM riffs. I think it suits Muse very well and its quite logical that they are trying to experiment with this style, which is originally electronic, and incorporate it in their live set with live instruments.

EDIT: sorry if something similar has already been said in this thread :)

The new sound has certainly grown on me as I was not sure at first.

The sound of OoS is really edgy and different to stuff from The Resistance for example and although OoS is probably my favourite album, I think that Muse like to be creative and like to explore other musical territory. I do think it's a risk, but it is something to admire also. I think we are all in for one big Musey treat! :D

I wasn't entirely arsed reading through all of this, but I read somewhere that recently Muse and Skrilly were hanging out a lot, bouncing ideas off each other. I'm a fan of both Myooze and Skrilly as individuals, but they've both done experimental type of work in other genres that is just catastrophic. I think they should stick to what they're good at, and just strive for perfection in their respective fields.

i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama.png

I wasn't entirely arsed reading through all of this, but I read somewhere that recently Muse and Skrilly were hanging out a lot, bouncing ideas off each other. I'm a fan of both Myooze and Skrilly as individuals, but they've both done experimental type of work in other genres that is just catastrophic. I think they should stick to what they're good at, and just strive for perfection in their respective fields.

i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama.png

But they're both circle jerkers that love mainstream success more than actually being creative...regardless of what they ''used'' to be like.

Muse have had their day but it's just interesting to see what they splurge out every 3 years now.

But they're both circle jerkers that love mainstream success more than actually being creative...regardless of what they ''used'' to be like.

Muse have had their day but it's just interesting to see what they splurge out every 3 years now.

Or they're actually making the music they want to make, because they like it? :rolleyes:

Oh my god, the last three albums haven't been origin of symetry!! Fucking sellouts!

A few true artists only in the metal scene made me lol. Pretty bullshit how even getting influence from a popular style is automatically a sellout move. I didn't even like the Unsustainable part much to begin with but I've never called them sellouts.

A few true artists only in the metal scene made me lol. Pretty bullshit how even getting influence from a popular style is automatically a sellout move. I didn't even like the Unsustainable part much to begin with but I've never called them sellouts.

I wonder if he was talking about Korn :LOL:

Archived