Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?

• Yes, that is definitely dubstep
    • No way is that dubstep
    • Can't tell, all wub wub wub sounds the same
    • Radioheadlol

Just gonna leave this video I made lying round here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ltyoI-ENs

I for one am glad they're taking a dubstep approach, even if it is just for a small number of songs. Even though it's not part of the rock genre, I think they've been boring as hell in the last 6 years and this is bringing some excitement back into their music and live performances. Can't wait til the album comes out!

That's cool. It's reassuring to see how well and effectively a typical dupstep sound can be emulated on an electric guitar, whilst still sounding refreshing and unique.

That's cool. It's reassuring to see how well and effectively a typical dupstep sound can be emulated on an electric guitar, whilst still sounding refreshing and unique.

I'm on my phone so i can't post it now, but if you YouTube "Calm Like a Bomb" by Rage Against the Machine, i think its the perfect example of rock having that "dubstep" sound. When matt mention the rage + skrilllex sound, that song was the first thing to come to mind.

Sick song. Gonna add it to my RATM playlist. Thanks for that guys.

I wonder if the haters would still hate if they haven't ever heard of dubstep. Can't help but feel that most of the criticism stems from preconcieved notions of the genre.

I wonder if the haters would still hate if they haven't ever heard of dubstep. Can't help but feel that most of the criticism stems from preconcieved notions of the genre.

That's what I was thinking. If no one knew what dubstep was, everyone would be going "OMIGOD THAT'S SO INTERESTING AND COOL!", instead of calling them sellouts.

I like the idea of Muse being influenced by dubstep styled music, hopefully in the same way they have been influenced by classical music.*

I would like to see how it's done live by Muse.

*Phrased so I can receive loving care from potential trolls :LOL:

They had a symphony on TR so if they can fit that into their music "style", I'm sure they can fit dubstep too. I hope it's just for outros/intros because I can't imagine a full dubstep song by Muse. It might be epic but still :facepalm:

Muse have always had classical influences, so I don't see why a symphony would be a good example. It's always been their style.

That's what I was thinking. If no one knew what dubstep was, everyone would be going "OMIGOD THAT'S SO INTERESTING AND COOL!", instead of calling them sellouts.

Well, I had no idea what Dubstep was and my first impression when I heard the trailer was what is this cheesefest robot vocal sound. I don't really mind as much the guitar and bass effects in the background, as I could see them being a small part of a song and it working. "We'll see" I guess is more my impression. It did not make me more interested in the album, but since its Muse I am obviously still looking forward to the full release.

discuss
WELL..I do not really like Dubstep, but I have heard some songs Skrillex and is not as bad, just that .... I fell in love with these three men sloppy onstage in 2000, I fell in love with his style of music magic. And now, suddenly made ​​Dubstep music ... I can hardly believe it, is difficult. We can only wait until they launch any song ... I want to believe that the music of the trailer is just a promotional track ... ANYWAY ... IF MUSE MAKES DUBSTEP, I'M SURE IT WILL BE THE BEST DUBSTEP THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D

Archived