Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?

• Yes, that is definitely dubstep
    • No way is that dubstep
    • Can't tell, all wub wub wub sounds the same
    • Radioheadlol

frankly, i hope all the people who are saying they won't buy the album because of "dubstep" are true to their word. that way we don't have to put up with their drivel after the album comes out.

won't happen though.

I'm getting into techno and dub step so i don't mind... but I'm still an alternative rock fan and always will be... so i think its cool that muse is doing something new but I've always liked their rocky side... like in the showbiz/ OoS era.

What's the connection between techno, dubstep and the trailer?

Techno(if it's even considered a genre) uses synthesizers and programmed electronic beats, so does dupstep, the trailer emulates [contemporary] dupstep.

Techno(if it's even considered a genre) uses synthesizers and programmed electronic beats, so does dupstep, the trailer emulates [contemporary] dupstep.

Buuuuuut it's not synthesized, only inspired by dubstep, and really, by that logic rage against the machine are a dubstep band

How wouldn't you consider Techno a genre? :LOL:

Btw dubstep is totally a different thing than the genre Muse are inspired by in that part of the trailer.

Buuuuuut it's not synthesized, only inspired by dubstep, and really, by that logic rage against the machine are a dubstep band

How wouldn't you consider Techno a genre? :LOL:

Btw dubstep is totally a different thing than the genre Muse are inspired by in that part of the trailer.

Alright then it's a genre:p I agree anyway, it's just you get people arguing the toss saying it is and isn't a genre, nvm.

The first half of the trailer definitely contains electronic sounds, and I said the second half mimics typical commercial dupstep. Thus the comparison between the three things.

Archived