Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Muse trailer contain dubstep?

• Yes, that is definitely dubstep
    • No way is that dubstep
    • Can't tell, all wub wub wub sounds the same
    • Radioheadlol

If people want to close themselves off from amazing music, that is their problem. Some of the most beautiful & moving music I've heard has been electronic music along with some of the nastiest and messed up.

I don't close myself off, I just haven't gotten there yet :p

Listen to it with headphones- just after the first chorus and in the 2nd verse.

And he/she's being sarcastic of course.

I would hardly call those wubwuby sounds :chuckle: I think it's just a track played backwards, like what Radiohead did with Like Spinning Plated.

And I got the sarcasm :chuckle:

I don't even hear the wubwub noises in the dubstep bit in the trailer. I just hear a guitar making similar noises to what Matt often seems to do inbetween songs at a gig and then that robot bit talking. I think it's similar to dubstep but I find it hard to actually call it that, but then I haven't heard much dubstep so I don't know if there is a dubstep 'song' that sounds like that

I don't even hear the wubwub noises in the dubstep bit in the trailer. I just hear a guitar making similar noises to what Matt often seems to do inbetween songs at a gig and then that robot bit talking. I think it's similar to dubstep but I find it hard to actually call it that, but then I haven't heard much dubstep so I don't know if there is a dubstep 'song' that sounds like that

^^^

Undeniably inspired, but that doesn't actually make it dubstep. Not by a long shot.

^^^

Undeniably inspired, but that doesn't actually make it dubstep. Not by a long shot.

Just read the definition of dubstep and have decided that my opinion of Muse's version is that it just isn't as heavy or shit as the rest, so I don't mind if they put a small amount into one or two songs in the new album

Just read the definition of dubstep and have decided that my opinion of Muse's version is that it just isn't as heavy or shit as the rest, so I don't mind if they put a small amount into one or two songs in the new album

You should try finding a real description of the genre then.

Like when Skrillex posted an Aphex Twin song on facebook and a million butthurt musically retarded fans got pissed off because it wasn't 'dubstep' :chuckle:

All those people should be put before a firing squad, the world does not need them or want them.

I wouldn't describe stuff like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z0VSvu-ro0 as "heavy". Whether or not you like it is your opinion, but the distorted, wobbly, glitchy bass stuff is not Dubstep and is found in a number of different genres. Too many idiots don't seem to get this.

Ok, heavy was the wrong word to use, but I never said distorted wobbly glitchy bass stuff is only in dubstep, I think Muse do some of this in their songs anyway

Ultimately it is fucking cool to see Bellamy rediscovering his love of Morello and doing what made Morello so great and that was taking a form of electronic music and trying to make it work within a rock context, hopefully creating something between the two that is a bit different & new. Last couple of albums have been devoid of originality and regardless of whether people like this, I love that it feels like they've found the creative they had back during OOS.

Archived