Oh yeah we meet them :p

All cept chris but he waved

At one point tom matt and both doms were just chatting with us and eating chips. :awesome:

We met rage first which was a shocker

That makes me happy for you guys. :happy: I hope you got hugs from all.

Hey what was that long sheet some of the dudes were feeding into the fire? Was it material from the tents? :LOL:

YES to the shirt! I looooved the movie, love Cap and can't wait for the Avengers! /offtopic

Well in that case, I don't feel too bad about missing her set. Got hungry and had to go eat.

I don't even know, I just saw smoke and fire out of nowhere. And if it had gotten any bigger I was going to utilize my escape strategy. :LOL:

Me toooo. I've seen the movie twice, and Chris Evans is my man. So it made me very happy to see that shirt.

I had went to the bathroom during her set and even out and around the food areas it sounded so terrible as well. It gave me a headache. I'm glad I missed most of it.

agreed. i was going to say that as well, but you put it better than i did.

oh come on. you make it sound like dom is this poor fellow who lives in fear, in a band dictatorship :LOL:

it's more likely that he just heard what you said and went 'right, yeah, whatever' and forgot about it within 5 minutes LOL they get song requests all the time.

the dynamics of the band are what they are.

i dont think there are any reasons to believe that any of them three is being forced to play stuff or not being allowed to play something by one of the others. tbh, that would be a really bad sign in what concerns their work relationship and if so, it probably would affect a lot of the band aspects and not just the setlists. and as i dont think we've seen any signs of such thing happening, then im going to assume that when they put the responsability on someone's shoulders to make certain decisions, then it means they're fine with what comes out of it.

i didn't make it sound anything like that. the fact is matt chooses the setlists. we all know this is true. dom or chris haven't ever contradicted that that i've ever heard of. certainly if they did the perception would change.

and since you weren't there when that exchange happened i wouldn't rely on your interpretation of what i heard and what i saw.

i didn't say they were forced to play stuff they didn't want to play. where you came up with that i don't know. i've never heard chris or dom say they hate any of their songs. not that they would ever say such a thing. they always seem to support each other.

I was just looking at a Muse soundcheck at Manchester LCCC last year and they did Ruled By Secrecy, which they then played a week later at Wembley. So perhaps one of the US gigs to come will actually get Micro Cuts seeing as it was soundchecked at LA Rising...

Sorry guys, deleted the video.

The problem that most people have is not the reaction itself, but more the fact that they had expected to actually HEAR Matt sing, not you guys. :LOL:

But my camera didn't even record the audio well!

Again, don't pay attention to the complaints. Plus you didn't record the video with the intention of servicing everyone the news about the soundcheck. Some people need to get over it and move on without being so rude.

I think that was the biggest the fire was allowed to get before it had to get extinguished.

So yeah, it was tame. :p

Yeah :(

I didn't see the fire until right before it was extinguished haha

Personally, I wouldn't have sung along 'cos I'd have been listening intently to Matt sing but you didn't deserve those comments, people should understand that you didn't make the video for anyone but yourself and your friends.

We could all hear him really well even while singing, my camera just didn't pick up the audio from their soundcheck well.

I would've been fangirling too. They're just jealous. Screw the haters. :phu:

<3

All that matters is that WE had an amazing time and got to meet muse and rage and they loved that we were there!

Hell yeah! I don't care what the haters say, I still giggle when I watch the video of us fangirling about Micro Cuts. I regret nothing.

But my camera didn't even record the audio well!

At least we would have been able to hear Matt a bit better, which was the whole point of the video for a lot of people. I totally understand your reaction when you heard Micro Cuts starting, I was fanboying a bit myself when I heard the rumours, but I also found it really annoying that I could only hear Muse a total of 20 seconds in a 4-minute video.

I was just looking at a Muse soundcheck at Manchester LCCC last year and they did Ruled By Secrecy, which they then played a week later at Wembley. So perhaps one of the US gigs to come will actually get Micro Cuts seeing as it was soundchecked at LA Rising...

Ugh. Not getting my hopes up (again).

Just go to the shows with no expectations and have a good time. :)

She was so shit. The sound was so bad. You couldn't hear her sing hardly, the bass was so loud. Her set really was a buzzkill and I was thoroughly disappointed she and her band didn't put on a better show.

i would say that she hadn't had time to prepare. the group was late getting on stage and they weren't in synch for several of the songs. she kept having to direct them to the tempo she wanted and one song the bass was tuned down a half step from the piano. she was well pissed.

That's too bad, but it sounds like she was just having an off-day. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was one of my fave albums in middle/high school, and I regret not having seen her when she was at the top of her game.

At least we would have been able to hear Matt a bit better, which was the whole point of the video for a lot of people. I totally understand your reaction when you heard Micro Cuts starting, I was fanboying a bit myself when I heard the rumours, but I also found it really annoying that I could only hear Muse a total of 20 seconds in a 4-minute video.
geeeeeez.

it was a private video made by the girls and that they had the courtesey of sharing. if someone doesnt like it, they can press the stop button and ignore it. bit pointless to whine, it's just being rude.

Dam I have never seen so many people bitch about a setlist. I mean the only thing I've really ever seen anyone complain about is feeling good and guiding light and they took it out and added B&H. Its not like were in 2004

watson_new.gif

I'm not upset with the setlist, but I want to give my two cents. (because that's what the internet is good for)

I feel like Muse lost the crowd. I had seats for the show, and I was sitting listening to RA, who did nothing for me, but watching not only the pit, and the people reacting to what they were playing. And I was thinking, if Muse pulls out UD, or more "slower" songs, it's not going to be good. And what do they do, play quite a few slower more chill songs. If I remember RA, only had one slower song, which seemed to work well. I think I was the only Muser in my section, and from where I was, it looked like there was a very small section of the pit who were getting into every song. People seemed to enjoy the riffs, more then the actual songs. There is zero doubt in my mind that Muse knows how to put on a good show, because they do! But to follow up RA, who really worked the crowd, and keep peoples energy up into Rage, I don't think this was the right setlist for them to pull out. *shrug*

Had a great time regardless, and really enjoyed myself last night :)

geeeeeez.

it was a private video made by the girls and that they had the courtesey of sharing. if someone doesnt like it, they can press the stop button and ignore it. bit pointless to whine, it's just being rude.

Rude? Is it suddenly rude to express an opinion about a video?

geeeeeez.

there is a function on youtube that allows for the person to post it as "private" or "public". from the private setting you can "allow" people of your choosing access to it. i think people forget to do this sometimes and then are shocked when they get general reaction they don't like.

watson_new.gif

:LOL: :LOL:

oh we love you ;)

geeeeeez.

Exactly, it's not like they were contracted to produce a video for they fanbase. It was their video. They didn't even have to put in on YT.

Rude? Is it suddenly rude to express an opinion about a video?

Acting like they did it wrong because it doesn't suit you seems a bit rude.

It would be really handy if after a gig, the first post could be updated with the set list. I know there was beef but what was the setlist? I've been back through a load of pages but can't see it :$

Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture

Uprising (Riff version)

Map of the Problematique (Who Knows Who + Maggie's Farm outro)

Supermassive Black Hole (Kaoss Jam intro)

Butterflies & Hurricanes (Glastonbury intro riff)

Hysteria (Back in Black riff + Star … more)

Nishe

United States Of Eurasia

Helsinki Jam

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance

Starlight (Il Mercenario intro)

Time is Running Out (House of the Rising Sun intro … more)

Stockholm Syndrome (Township Rebellion + ? + … more)

Plug In Baby (Burning Bridges intro)

Knights of Cydonia (Man with a Harmonica intro)

Oh and nice to hear a bit of deftones at the start of stockholm!

Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture

Uprising (Riff version)

Map of the Problematique (Who Knows Who + Maggie's Farm outro)

Supermassive Black Hole (Kaoss Jam intro)

Butterflies & Hurricanes (Glastonbury intro riff)

Hysteria (Back in Black riff + Star … more)

Nishe

United States Of Eurasia

Helsinki Jam

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance

Starlight (Il Mercenario intro)

Time is Running Out (House of the Rising Sun intro … more)

Stockholm Syndrome (Township Rebellion + ? + … more)

Plug In Baby (Burning Bridges intro)

Knights of Cydonia (Man with a Harmonica intro)

Oh and nice to hear a bit of deftones at the start of stockholm!

cheers :D did you go?

Exactly, it's not like they were contracted to produce a video for they fanbase. It was their video. They didn't even have to put in on YT.

Acting like they did it wrong because it doesn't suit you seems a bit rude.

You people are taking this far too seriously.

If you post a video on the Internet, it is up for criticism. I fully understand why they reacted the way they did in the video, but if you can't hear the band playing, there will be criticism from people who may have wanted to hear that.

TL;DR - Don't want criticism? Stay off the Internet.

Archived