On Twitter:

Rage was awesome, but Muse stole the show in my opinion. Never have I witnessed such a mind bendin @ L.A. Rising

Review in the L.A Weekly:

Personal bias: Rage should have been a bit more creative with their set, and that new soundsystem needs some work. Muse are ready to take the next step.

From examiner.com

Muse has become a force to be reckoned with and it could be argued that they are ”above” a festival like this, but luckily for fans, the trio from Devon are huge RATM fans and gave a fantastic performance on Saturday night. Although they left the majority of tricks and lasers they brought to Coachella, the stripped-down performance had the right amount of music and cover song jams to make up for the lack of sparkling visuals. Their musicianship is unparalleled in this moment in musical history, and it showed when Bellamy’s guitar cut out and they did more than made up for it and carried the show on like nothing even happened. The honeycomb screen display behind the band was impressive, but none of the acts really took the time to deliver a light show and Muse shouldn’t be marked down for it. Matt Bellamy’s guitar screeched through the air while giant smoke stacks lit up the front of the stage. They were more than energetic, playing all over the stage and incited mosh pits foreign to most Muse shows. Included in those covers were “Back in Black,” “Heartbreaker,” and “House of the Rising Son." Bellamy and friends also teased a bit of Rage’s “Township Rebellion” before tearing the house down with “Plug In Baby.” These guys are reinventing stadium rock and taking the poison out of the term by delivering consistently amazing shows, one after another

:awesome:

Imagine what todays reviews would have been like if they actually had a great setlist :LOL:

Muse are just a few hours of extra work away from becoming the best fucking live act of all time.

:yesey:

I didn't even see her set, I was buying merch and eating :LOL:

Still think Take a Bow would have been perfect

It was the ultimate mind fuck of a closer in NC last year. Could not believe how epic/surprising it was. Once KoC played in the 4th or 5th slot, it was all I could think about.

Assassin would have been perfect.

And US wasn't played? That's just insane. It wouldn't even require rehearsal for a new song :LOL:

Hasn't been played since October 26th though, has it?

I bet they've already forgotten it exists.

Simon, are you feeling ok? Fever?

I have Bieber Fever.

Hasn't been played since October 26th though, has it?

I bet they've already forgotten it exists.

I bet they consider it a rarity and a second night treat for the real fans.

Being that this was just my 2nd ever Muse show I thought it was great. I was taken aback though when they broke out Undisclosed Desires complete with keytar. That was rather brave considering the crowd.

I showed up at the Coliseum at 11:30 and made it into the 1st section. Being that I knew I couldn't handle the middle of the pit for this show, I hung out at the back rail in front of the VIP section. Met some nice people who were here for Rage and Rise Against. They were however very impressed with Muse so yay!

I enjoyed El Gran Silencio, and got a bit bored with Immortal Technique. Lauryn Hill started off very badly, but redeemed herself somewhat, but it was a pretty mellow set. I was very impressed with Rise Against. The pit went off, and I quite enjoyed looking back at the middle of the stadium where people were crowdsurfing.

Loved Muse's set. Seemed the crowd was into it, but with less moshing and more pogoing. Very happy to hear Butterflies and Hurricanes (got video of some of it). I did notice that the crowd wasn't that into Resistance or Undisclosed Desires. But they loved the riffs at various points. It was great hearing the entire stadium sing along to House of the Rising Sun.

After Muse's set, I started to get texts about all the drama. However, I didn't experience any of it. I am so thankful they set up GA like they did. My spot even during Rage was great, could feel all the energy and jump around all I wanted without getting crowded from the back. There were a couple of times where people jumped the fence behind me, to get into the pit. Also at the begining of Rages set, as I was shooting video people who walked in front of me actually ducked. I'd never seen that before. Towards the end there was a mosh pit right in front of me which was pretty awesome.

Rage was incredible. I love Zack's energy and seeing the crowd go off like it did was amazing. Tom Morello is just spectacular. I loved watching him play. Testify was scary when the vocals cut out, but they fixed that pretty quickly or it would have gotten very scary. I loved the set. Highlights for me were Bulls On Parade, Sleep Now in the Fire, Freedom and of course Killing in the Name. I must say, I love that as a closer.

I'm in the process of slowly uploading videos including partial Butterflies and Hurricanes and Stockholm Syndrome. Here's Supermassive Black Hole:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzxqTbnYgSw

Heard the US government might lose its AAA rating due to the current debt situation. Still very random rant.

I think he cottoned on late. The drift I got was they're likely to do a deal though I missed the first five minutes of the news. Anyway, yes, totally random, but fun! :D

Did Matt say anything about Rage during their set e.g. "it's an honour to play before Rage etc."?

Now that you mention it I don't recall anything notable. Muse is Muse and they get a little excited when talking to the crowd which makes for hard time understanding WTF they are saying.

I found it funny how some rage fans behind me were bitching about muse before hand, and started to go wow they are great when they started to play, and owed their friend an apology.

100% agree with everything you said. And I heard a few Rage fans saying "Muse surprised me" as well :awesome:

From examiner.com

Muse has become a force to be reckoned with and it could be argued that they are ”above” a festival like this, but luckily for fans, the trio from Devon are huge RATM fans and gave a fantastic performance on Saturday night. Although they left the majority of tricks and lasers they brought to Coachella, the stripped-down performance had the right amount of music and cover song jams to make up for the lack of sparkling visuals. Their musicianship is unparalleled in this moment in musical history, and it showed when Bellamy’s guitar cut out and they did more than made up for it and carried the show on like nothing even happened. The honeycomb screen display behind the band was impressive, but none of the acts really took the time to deliver a light show and Muse shouldn’t be marked down for it. Matt Bellamy’s guitar screeched through the air while giant smoke stacks lit up the front of the stage. They were more than energetic, playing all over the stage and incited mosh pits foreign to most Muse shows. Included in those covers were “Back in Black,” “Heartbreaker,” and “House of the Rising Son." Bellamy and friends also teased a bit of Rage’s “Township Rebellion” before tearing the house down with “Plug In Baby.” These guys are reinventing stadium rock and taking the poison out of the term by delivering consistently amazing shows, one after another

Seemed the crowd was into it, but with less moshing and more pogoing. Very happy to hear Butterflies and Hurricanes (got video of some of it). I did notice that the crowd wasn't that into Resistance or Undisclosed Desires. But they loved the riffs at various points. It was great hearing the entire stadium sing along to House of the Rising Sun.[/media]

:happy:

Archived