Sucks doesn't it. I personally feel if Dom or Chris were to choose the setlist, we'd see something far more exciting.

I don't understand why every negative thing is always "Matt's fault". Do people really think Chris and Dom are just spineless pansy sheep that cater to Matt's every whim? Pish. That's insulting to them.

epic day was epic.

as far as muse was concerned, i got pretty upset about the tweeting frenzy that went on from soundcheck. anyone who's heard muse soundchecking songs knows they do not necessarily play any of them for the actual gig.

has everyone forgotten the mk ultra bruhaha a couple years ago when they were working up to actually playing it? or how about when they played fucking soaked, for god's sakes, in paris before the stade show?

if you think muse is going to play what they've played in soundcheck you are very foolish.

on to the next point. yes this was a special event. and having stood through all the bands and having heard the passionate rap artists and hard core thrash metal going on, i thought muse would be anti-climactic. but really, they weren't. for not having played in a couple months, all that's gone on in the meanwhile, it's no surprise that they would fall back on what they can whip up for the first gig back.

claire and i were both really surprised that they played map, and b&h was, for my first time ever hearing it live just so wonderful.

and i hope to god those fucking towers never ever are seen again. everything is so much better without them. they have so much more freedom to be spontaneous and it doesn't feel like a pre-packaged item you can buy in a store and know it will always be the same.

the beginning of the set, we felt, actually tied in quite well with the theme of the event...even though that went a bit loose after usoe. the fact is, the songs that would have fit really well with the event (assassin, cod, mk ultra, and others) are songs they should play in general and just DON'T.

so after usoe it got a bit generic, but we weren't surprised by this. we weren't disappointed either because we knew not to set our expectations too high.

stockholm was just...well, fucking amazing and we both agree that exo was the best we'd heard. it certainly was a great way to begin the show and went well with uprising following right after.

ratm was a whole nother level that muse would have to do some things differently to reach, but they did a great job opening for rage.

I don't understand why every negative thing is always "Matt's fault". Do people really think Chris and Dom are just spineless pansy sheep that cater to Matt's every whim? Pish. That's insulting to them.

bellamy is to blame. fact. when people asked, begged, pleaded dom to play dead star a couple weeks ago he said he'd put a word in.

i laughed. and he heard me and knew exactly why i was laughing.

bellamy is to blame. fact. when people asked, begged, pleaded dom to play dead star a couple weeks ago he said he'd put a word in.

I'll count myself extremely lucky if we get Dead Star at R&L.

It seems they do. Dom's afraid of the biting. :chuckle:

I actually loved the crowd EVERY one around us was going nuts which is nice when you don't feel like an idiot when first pumping

Also enjoyed all the acts el grand silencio was a trip and make my inner mexican out. Immortal technique I enjoyed especially his rants the last bit make me cry.

Was not really looking forward to lauryn hill as I had no idea who she really was but I was surprised I liked her vocals a lot she's a bit of a diva tho and seemed like she didn't want to be there.

Not a fan of rise against but still enjoyed and sang along.

Muse. Brilliant energy. Didn't even mind the setlist because I was having too much fun.

After muse we got out and headed to the back because we didn't want to die after 2 days of little sleep we wouldn't be able to handle it.

So we watched from a far then tried to leave and almost got trampled my everyone tring to bust throught security t get to ga.

Overall Amazing Gig and I hope this is a yearly thing now.

Can't wait for indy and chicago!

But I think they would, for the most part, enjoy songs they know or at least heard before a bit more.

That depends if they like the songs or not.

I'd rather hear a good song that I've never heard before than any Nickelback single.

Sucks doesn't it. I personally feel if Dom or Chris were to choose the setlist, we'd see something far more exciting.

It would be, yeah, but when all is said and done, Matt writes the majority of the stuff so it makes sense if he picks the set.

I know he's not the only band member but they are pretty much Bellamy's songs.

agreed. i was going to say that as well, but you put it better than i did.

oh come on. you make it sound like dom is this poor fellow who lives in fear, in a band dictatorship :LOL:

it's more likely that he just heard what you said and went 'right, yeah, whatever' and forgot about it within 5 minutes LOL they get song requests all the time.

the dynamics of the band are what they are.

i dont think there are any reasons to believe that any of them three is being forced to play stuff or not being allowed to play something by one of the others. tbh, that would be a really bad sign in what concerns their work relationship and if so, it probably would affect a lot of the band aspects and not just the setlists. and as i dont think we've seen any signs of such thing happening, then im going to assume that when they put the responsability on someone's shoulders to make certain decisions, then it means they're fine with what comes out of it.

Don't forget that he puts a lot of thought and effort into the setlists! Carefully considering them and all... :p

Even though I love Tom Kirk, he's so confusing sometimes. :LOL:

I think people think I'm trolling when I say that though, Tom was super srs!

Dam I have never seen so many people bitch about a setlist. I mean the only thing I've really ever seen anyone complain about is feeling good and guiding light and they took it out and added B&H. Its not like were in 2004

Dam I have never seen so many people bitch about a setlist. I mean the only thing I've really ever seen anyone complain about is feeling good and guiding light and they took it out and added B&H. Its not like were in 2004

I don't think anyone thinks it's that bad, it's just that people are excited for rarities from OoS being played this year and would have loved to see one on this setlist. People who attended this gig seem pretty happy though, getting B&H and MOTP was great.

Lol, you think this is bad? :LOL:

Stop abusing me because of my opinion.

que?

LargeBeaverPhoto.jpg

Archived