Dude. Saturday is going to be amazing.

Vaccines on a side stage - I've heard great things about them.

Then OK Go, The Arctic Monkeys, The Black Keys and MUSE! :D

Defo go see The Vaccines if it doesn't clash with anything else, the album is great fun to listen to! :D

Mmmm The Vaccines, Arctic Monkeys and Muse in one dayand Arcade Fire the next, fly me out there now!

Defo go see The Vaccines if it doesn't clash with anything else, the album is great fun to listen to! :D

Mmmm The Vaccines, Arctic Monkeys and Muse in one dayand Arcade Fire the next, fly me out there now!

I most definitely am planning on catching the Vaccines. They are on before OK Go, so it works out perfectly.

I'm gunna miss The Vaccines to get barrier for Muse, but I'm seeing them in September :happy:

I most definitely am planning on catching the Vaccines. They are on before OK Go, so it works out perfectly.

Sounds like you're ready for an awesome day! :awesome:

I'm gunna miss The Vaccines to get barrier for Muse, but I'm seeing them in September :happy:

Oh Mel, you never fail to see the best :happy:

I'm missing The Vaccines, too, as well as Starfucker. i was really stoked when I saw them in the line-up but I know there will be other chances to see them. SO EXCITED TO SEE BLACK KEYS AND MUSE FROM THE BARRIER :D:D:D

I'm missing The Vaccines, too, as well as Starfucker. i was really stoked when I saw them in the line-up but I know there will be other chances to see them. SO EXCITED TO SEE BLACK KEYS AND MUSE FROM THE BARRIER :D:D:D

:yesey: It's going to be awesome.

Just wondering, who is going for all three days?

It would be cool to have Muser pals to hang out with on Friday and Sunday.

I know that Haley, Michael and I will for sure be there all 3 days.

Here's my (most likely) final schedule: http://myscheduler.sfoutsidelands.com/schedule.html?c=lMU0zrCu

Friday: Release The Sunbird, The Joy Formidable, Phantogram, Foster The People, Ellie Goulding, The Limousines, Best Coast, The Shins

Saturday: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, The Greyboy Allstars, OK Go, Arctic Monkeys, The Black Keys, Muse

Sunday: The Fresh & Onlys, tUnE-YarDs, GROUPLOVE, !!!, Ty Segall, Little Dragon, The Decemberists, Arcade Fire

Just wondering, who is going for all three days?

It would be cool to have Muser pals to hang out with on Friday and Sunday.

I'll be there. Most of the bands I want to see, including those i won't end up seeing while waiting for Muse, are playing on Saturday. Pretty excited to see Foster the People, The Shins, and The Decemberists (seen Colin Melloy live and he's hilarious:LOL:). I've seen a few other OSL artists before so I'm gonna mostly roam around the park on Friday and Sunday. :)

I'm primarily going for Muse and Arcade Fire.

I wish the conflict with Girl Talk didnt happen, but it was expected. Heard his show is fun, and Ive seen muse 14 times now (including this past weekend at LA Rising), so I'll probably jet whenever the first slower song (UD, GL, etc) is on. THough I love rocking out, this is a great opportunity to see someone new vs.a standard issue TIRO for the 15th time ;)

Question: first time to a music festival - any advice to make it to rows 5 - 10 by the time Muse come on?

I don't think I'm durable enough for the barrier, so just happy with closer to stage. Do people tend to leave after their favorite band so you can inch your way up in between bands?

So excited for OSL Saturday!

Question: first time to a music festival - any advice to make it to rows 5 - 10 by the time Muse come on?

I don't think I'm durable enough for the barrier, so just happy with closer to stage. Do people tend to leave after their favorite band so you can inch your way up in between bands?

I think that you have a good chance considering that a lot of people are going to move out after The Black Keys, and Girl Talk will be on the other big stage. :)

I'm primarily going for Muse and Arcade Fire.

I wish the conflict with Girl Talk didnt happen, but it was expected. Heard his show is fun, and Ive seen muse 14 times now (including this past weekend at LA Rising), so I'll probably jet whenever the first slower song (UD, GL, etc) is on. THough I love rocking out, this is a great opportunity to see someone new vs.a standard issue TIRO for the 15th time ;)

You should see Girl Talk :) I saw Girl Talk a couple of years ago and it was literally one big, crazy dance party! But I've mellowed out since then and I've never felt confident dancing in the first place LOL xD

THIS IS MY FIRST FESTIVAL, TOO!!!!!! the first one that has more than ten acts, at least! xD I hope you get close enough to the stage. also hope that I don't starve while going for the barrier! I haven't been this determined to see a band up close since high school :p

You should see Girl Talk :) I saw Girl Talk a couple of years ago and it was literally one big, crazy dance party! But I've mellowed out since then and I've never felt confident dancing in the first place LOL xD

THIS IS MY FIRST FESTIVAL, TOO!!!!!! the first one that has more than ten acts, at least! xD I hope you get close enough to the stage. also hope that I don't starve while going for the barrier! I haven't been this determined to see a band up close since high school :p

First time for me, too! I don't think I'm durable enough for barrier, either. :LOL: My husband isn't into lining up or standing around all day, so we'll see where we end up. I like everybody on the Saturday schedule, tho, so I'm hoping we'll be in the front area.

Dumb question: Do people stand during the shows, and sit (at all?) during breaks? up until the last couple of acts? Or is it standing all day?

Any of you girls skinny and want a Muse shirt? I have a Girl's size Medium shirt I bought a coupla years ago, that's too small for me (it's for a very small person.) I can bring it along to give you, if anyone's interested. let me see if I can find a picture...not finding one. It's soft green, not the bold kelly green. Purchased from the US muse store. Has some curly q's on it. If you're interested, PM me, and I'll see if I can email you a photo.

First time for me, too! I don't think I'm durable enough for barrier, either. :LOL: My husband isn't into lining up or standing around all day, so we'll see where we end up. I like everybody on the Saturday schedule, tho, so I'm hoping we'll be in the front area.

Dumb question: Do people stand during the shows, and sit (at all?) during breaks? up until the last couple of acts? Or is it standing all day?

Any of you girls skinny and want a Muse shirt? I have a Girl's size Medium shirt I bought a coupla years ago, that's too small for me (it's for a very small person.) I can bring it along to give you, if anyone's interested. let me see if I can find a picture...not finding one. It's soft green, not the bold kelly green. Purchased from the US muse store. Has some curly q's on it. If you're interested, PM me, and I'll see if I can email you a photo.

After about 6pm when all the big names go one, its standing during the show. In between sets, a lot of people do sit and thats fine, standard etiquette, just dont be sprawled out like a douche cause people will walk through your group.

Just after the next main act ends, lets say the Roots at 7:50, be prepared to stand and scoot in as people will start funneling in heavy to see the headliner.

I saw muse at lolla years ago and was able to get pretty damn close just by showing up like 30 minutes before their set and wiggling my way through folks. I see absolutely zero point in lining up super early just to get the rail. Let me explain...

Last year at ACL just before LCD soundsystem was on (which was the mainstage band before muse) I could literally walk right up to the rail. I couldve just hungout through the break and saw muse first row too, but I had to pee or get a beer or something and sat way in the back, which was fine since most muse shows Im up front getting my ear drums blown out :happy:

During the day people will lounge out, take naps, sprawl on the ground, whatever.

I saw muse at lolla years ago and was able to get pretty damn close just by showing up like 30 minutes before their set and wiggling my way through folks. I see absolutely zero point in lining up super early just to get the rail. Let me explain...

Last year at ACL just before LCD soundsystem was on (which was the mainstage band before muse) I could literally walk right up to the rail. I couldve just hungout through the break and saw muse first row too, but I had to pee or get a beer or something and sat way in the back, which was fine since most muse shows Im up front getting my ear drums blown out :happy:

During the day people will lounge out, take naps, sprawl on the ground, whatever.

Really! That's good to hear because I was looking at the list of food vendors and booths yesterday and it'd be a pity for my friend and I to miss all of that (especially since he just has a Saturday pass). I'm still going to arrive at the stage early to make sure I have that spot, though.

I think that you have a good chance considering that a lot of people are going to move out after The Black Keys, and Girl Talk will be on the other big stage. :)

That sounds great! You give me hope :)

Dumb question: Do people stand during the shows, and sit (at all?) during breaks? up until the last couple of acts? Or is it standing all day? .

Hello First Timers!! We'll have a blast being newbies!

Thanks to all veteran music festival goers for giving pointers.

Here's hoping lots of people leave to go see the other main stage before OUR band comes on!

That sounds great! You give me hope :)

Hello First Timers!! We'll have a blast being newbies!

Thanks to all veteran music festival goers for giving pointers.

Here's hoping lots of people leave to go see the other main stage before OUR band comes on!

If it's anything like most US shows, even with Muse's popularity I can still picture a decent amount of people leaving before Muse. There should be room. Then again I'm also a festival noob...

Archived