My suggestion is if you're doing a Space Dementia sign, to get it done, take a picture of it, and tweet it to all the guys. They'll decide on the setlist the night before the concert, so a sign held up at the concert won't make much difference. we can pretend that asking ahead of time might. :LOL:

I'm getting the materials tonight, so maybe I will send them a pic Thursday or Friday. Although I'm still bringing it, maybe to "remind" them if they see it.

Got my fingers crossed that I'll be able to go up on Saturday. My brother in law is in from NC (last time I went out I took him to see Muse at RBC and blew is face off. Gave him the barrier treatment as well) but my sister is not very forgiving when he is occupied elsewhere.

It is about an 8 hour drive up so would could probably do a round trip from 7am Saturday to 7am Sunday. Should be able to sleep in shifts on the way back. Saw them at LA Rising but the sheer fact that they might play CE has me pondering the 16 hour drive just for that damn song and the possibility of any other rares.

Trolling Ebay at the moment lookin for deals. Looking for two Saturday tickets.

I may have a parking pass for sale. (we're using the shuttle)

My DH found out today that his job will be ending on August 31. :( So, hopefully we'll still be able to come this weekend. He didn't say anything about cancelling, so I hope we're still on. real life sucks sometimes.

My DH found out today that his job will be ending on August 31. :( So, hopefully we'll still be able to come this weekend. He didn't say anything about cancelling, so I hope we're still on. real life sucks sometimes.

I hear ya! Real life is forcing a couple of my friends to sell their passes. Leaves me without a ride and a place to stay at in SF. :( Luckily I found another place to stay at but the other ride I found is leaving on Sunday. so I'll have to miss Arcade Fire, and they were actually on my MUST-SEE list :$ I may just drive myself up but I've never driven longer than a 2 hour distance.

Hope you all are able to come!

I hear ya! Real life is forcing a couple of my friends to sell their passes. Leaves me without a ride and a place to stay at in SF. :( Luckily I found another place to stay at but the other ride I found is leaving on Sunday. so I'll have to miss Arcade Fire, and they were actually on my MUST-SEE list :$ I may just drive myself up but I've never driven longer than a 2 hour distance.

Hope you all are able to come!

I could totally give you a ride if you didn't mind going up wednesday. if not, sorry. Also if anyone else needs a ride up and is looking to leave wednesday let me know. I have room for like 1 and 2 small people(or regular sized people if you dont mind being cramped. Lol not the best around but I'd thought offer help to my fellow musers nonetheless.

dude I have those exact same questions. yay newbs :LOL:

festival veterans, please lend some tips!!!!!

I emailed OSL about bringing snacks and they responded quite swiftly:

Thank you for your interest in Outside Lands and for getting in touch. You will be allowed to bring in small snacks but excess amounts of food will not be allowed into the festival.

I'm definitely bringing some snacks and things to replace meals but WHAT IF I NEED TO USE THE RESTROOM??????? :eek:

You should email them about ice. I'm gonna freeze so I'm more than fine with lukewarm water :D

Thanks for emailing OSL. Good to know we can bring snacks! It's nice to have a dry run on Friday to check things out (test how long one can go without food or bathroom!)

I could totally give you a ride if you didn't mind going up wednesday. if not, sorry. Also if anyone else needs a ride up and is looking to leave wednesday let me know. I have room for like 1 and 2 small people(or regular sized people if you dont mind being cramped. Lol not the best around but I'd thought offer help to my fellow musers nonetheless.

oh yeah I remember you posted earlier that you had space in your car! thanks so much for your offer! Musers are so nice :D I'll PM you soon

Does anyone know the taxi rates for San Francisco? my hotel is 6 miles away from the park so Google says.

Can't help you there but have you tried looking up public transport routes? It'll take a while to reach the park but it's a cheap option. Whether it's safe to take public transportation alone and in the evening is another question.......I'm doing it, though. :erm:

Sorry to hear... been through that ourselves. Hope he'll land something soon!

Have a wonderful time this weekend anyway. Just "for one moment" ... we're gonna have "Bliss" :)

Sorry to hear... been through that ourselves. Hope he'll land something soon!

Have a wonderful time this weekend anyway. Just "for one moment" ... we're gonna have "Bliss" :)

I wouldn't mind having Bliss. Both figuratively and literally :happy:

I wouldn't mind having Bliss. Both figuratively and literally :happy:

Figuratively, you will. Literally, well that I cannot guarantee :LOL: Though I must say that seeing Bliss live remains my favorite moment at any concert ever. It would be lovely to see it again :happy:

Struggling unbelievably with the decision of going or not. Family out from NC, including brother-in-law whose an avid Muse fan, but can't go. Looking at a 8 hour drive from So Cal and not even sure if my girlfriend can get out of work. Parking has me leery as I'll be driving back after the set.

I'd be going for CE, Bliss and/or MC. Amazed at B&H in LA but won't be able to live with myself, if in fact, these songs are being retired in 3 weeks.

Struggling unbelievably with the decision of going or not. Family out from NC, including brother-in-law whose an avid Muse fan, but can't go. Looking at a 8 hour drive from So Cal and not even sure if my girlfriend can get out of work. Parking has me leery as I'll be driving back after the set.

I'd be going for CE, Bliss and/or MC. Amazed at B&H in LA but won't be able to live with myself, if in fact, these songs are being retired in 3 weeks.

That's not for sure, Matt said that they're only gonna stop playing "the bad ones"

http://twitter.com/#!/MattBellamy/status/53878435436703745

His favorite song is Bliss and he must know by now that CE and MC are fan favorites. I'm trying to go with what Mel said about seeing Muse without an ideal setlist in mind. I know I'm gonna enjoy this gig no matter what :D SO EXCITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I know what you mean about parking. That's the big thing that's stopping me from driving. That and the fact that IT'S A SIX HOUR DRIVE. I hope you go, though. it's gonna be amazing!

in other news, this morning I dreamt I was at the barrier for an unflashy, outdoor Muse gig and I couldn't take my eyes off Matt. typical me :rolleyes: they were in the middle of Stockholm Syndrom when I woke up :'(

That's not for sure, Matt said that they're only gonna stop playing "the bad ones"

http://twitter.com/#!/MattBellamy/status/53878435436703745

His favorite song is Bliss and he must know by now that CE and MC are fan favorites. I'm trying to go with what Mel said about seeing Muse without an ideal setlist in mind. I know I'm gonna enjoy this gig no matter what :D SO EXCITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting that tweet. I hadn't seen it before. Nice to have some clarification.

Just a few more days! :D Really need the break! Thanks for the comments of concern. They are all very much appreciated. :happy:

I think I've spammed everywhere but here, so sorry to you folks who keep seeing me post about this.

Is there anybody still with a spot open in their hotel room? I just decided I must do this festival and I'm having shit luck finding rooms - I really don't want to stay out by the airport. I'll be flying from NC and only staying Friday and Saturday night. I'll definitely be doing barrier. Can anyone help? :)

I think I've spammed everywhere but here, so sorry to you folks who keep seeing me post about this.

Is there anybody still with a spot open in their hotel room? I just decided I must do this festival and I'm having shit luck finding rooms - I really don't want to stay out by the airport. I'll be flying from NC and only staying Friday and Saturday night. I'll definitely be doing barrier. Can anyone help? :)

Have you tried joining couchsurfing.com ? If you choose people with lots of great references (and can give good personal references yourself) it works great to find a host for this kind of short stays.

Messaged you on facebook :)

Ok, so after talking to Ton Kirk today, I don't think we should get our hopes up about rare Origin songs :( He was talking about how after Outside Lands the band would be practicing for 2 weeks for R/L, which kinda implies that they aren't going to be experimenting at any fests. He was also talking about how Matt is afraid of straining his voice on songs like Micro Cuts. So let's still hope for the best, but we shouldn't have any expectations other than that awesome time swill be had (which they will!) :happy:

As long as they dont play neutron star collision i'll be happy. They played it second night of the staples center and i was disappointed. But they made it up later with the most epic riffage evah!

Also I'm heading out to SF tomorrow, see you all there.

As long as they dont play neutron star collision i'll be happy. They played it second night of the staples center and i was disappointed. But they made it up later with the most epic riffage evah!

Also I'm heading out to SF tomorrow, see you all there.

I doubt they'll play it, but who knows. I wasn't disappointed that night because we got Bliss and RBS! And the epic riffage <3

Yay! Can't wait :) Have a safe trip!

Archived