Michael and I *may* be able to adopt you :D So we'll be leaving for the road trip probably on the morning of the 11th...Yeah that works perfectly! Stay with one of us the night before (the 10th) :yesey: We will skype about it. My parents and Michael are both looking at hotel pricings in San Fran independently, so we should have that sorted out by next week. And I'm 95% positive I can sell you a ticket :)

:awesome: great news! This whole trip is coming along nicely :D excite!

I really hope the weather is nice.

Not too hot to be unbearable, not too cold to be miserable, but just right to enjoy the day and the music.

No chance of that, for sure! :LOL:

I'll be wearing a very shiny Muse shirt as usual...you'll notice it if you see me.

If yall are looking for cheap hotels still there's the International hostel right near the Nikko downtown and the Carl hotel in Cole Valley out closer to the park....:yawn:

Anyone that's been to this festival before -- what is the view like from the VIP section? If by some miracle I make it out there, because of time constraints, etc, there's no way I could try for barrier, so VIP might be my only option.

Psh Arcade Fire gets half the time slot :phu::chuckle:

Hey Michael.........LIES LIES!

But Arcade Fire only has 2.5 hours worth of album material, and I don't know their B-sides too well.

Black Keys to the rescue! :p

Don't forget to add some MGMT and Phish into the mix.

If we're forced to see them at the festival, maybe I'll put them on for the depressing ride back. :p (I've talked at at least 5 people who've seen MGMT live and they all say they're a wreck.)

Hmm...I turned NSC into a song about last year's Cali shows/drinking and I turned Guiding Light into a song about Lolla/drinking...I need a song idea for OSL now.

Anyone that's been to this festival before -- what is the view like from the VIP section? If by some miracle I make it out there, because of time constraints, etc, there's no way I could try for barrier, so VIP might be my only option.

I think VIP is on the side of the field, away from the stage. I'll find some photos for you.

Got my ticket in the mail just now, and yes, it is a standard Ticketmaster ticket instead of a wristband. Not really looking forward to lugging around the same ticket in my pocket for 3 days. It's more difficult to ruin a wristband.

Usually you exchange your ticket for a wristband at the actual festival. Like for Lolla, this is the first year they're actually mailing the wristbands out for those who didn't do print passes (those people will have to exchange at the gate as usual). Stop worrying! ;)

But Arcade Fire only has 2.5 hours worth of album material, and I don't know their B-sides too well.

Black Keys to the rescue! :p

If we're forced to see them at the festival, maybe I'll put them on for the depressing ride back. :p (I've talked at at least 5 people who've seen MGMT live and they all say they're a wreck.)

Hmm...I turned NSC into a song about last year's Cali shows/drinking and I turned Guiding Light into a song about Lolla/drinking...I need a song idea for OSL now.

And Foster The People's 3 songs :chuckle: Oh wait, we'll have their new album by then :awesome:

MGMT is meh.

Hmmm...I Belong to You?

Usually you exchange your ticket for a wristband at the actual festival. Like for Lolla, this is the first year they're actually mailing the wristbands out for those who didn't do print passes (those people will have to exchange at the gate as usual). Stop worrying! ;)

This is what I thought would happen. It's not like Coachella.

MGMT is meh.

Times a billion!

Don't worry guys, I have 38 days (85GB) of music. I can car DJ. :LOL:

I've loved Foster the 3 times I've seen them so far. :D I'd say my other most recommended acts on that lineup are Little Dragon, The Vaccines, The Joy Formidable, and Grouplove.

Times a billion!

Don't worry guys, I have 38 days (85GB) of music. I can car DJ. :LOL:

I've loved Foster the 3 times I've seen them so far. :D I'd say my other most recommended acts on that lineup are Little Dragon, The Vaccines, The Joy Formidable, and Grouplove.

85GB?! :LOL: You are our designated car DJ then, lol.

Foster are so fun! Can't wait to see them in June. Love The Joy Formidable, and I need to listen to those other 3 more before OSL.

• 2 weeks later...
Todd Johnston Phish is headlining Friday (confirmed), so if Muse is Saturday (not confirmed) I'd guess that leaves Arcade Fire to close the weekend on Sunday.

Yep! We have Phish Friday, Muse Saturday, and AF on Sunday, this is confirmed. :D AF to close out my birthday! :happy:

Archived